Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Stuns

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Malodorous View Post
    There should never be a circumstance within which a toon can be stunlocked from full health to death. Any damage taken should end any stun, and the law of diminshing returns should apply to the target, diminishing successive stuns irrespective of who applies them, as opposed to it only appying to successive stuns applied by one player.
    When EVERY one of your healing spells has a cast time and can be interrupted by any damage taken, I *might* agree with you.

As stands, 1.2 is going to hose CC more than enough. If you are PvPing and don't have a coping mechanism for dealing with being CC'ed you deserve every second of sitting there with your thumb up yer arse while you get spanked.
    ~ Cameela ~
    50 Rogue - Rank 40
    Officer of <Dark Horizon>
    GP 4/4 - DH 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 4/4 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - ID 4/8
    Byriel

Soulwalker

Break free 2 min CD, flicker 20 secs. Flicker doesn't seem to break all types of cc's. Such as silence ..etc. its the fact i don't got a break free skill. Its asoon as you drop it your cc'd again. There no immunity period, like war had.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Stylasaurusrex View Post
    Break free 2 min CD. its the fact i don't got a break free skill. Its asoon as you drop it your cc'd again.
    Pretty much, making immunities after the ones that hurt you done hit you ain't fixing anything, as a matter of fact we may even be immune to the bad ones before they even hit you looking at the list of each 2 categories.

We just needed a way to get out of the chains, or the really bad stuns where you got stunned with almost a full team on you and couldn't get out.

That happened a lot more than once in 2 minutes, much less 5 minutes, which is why break free was not even close to a viable solution.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-08-2011 at 01:46 PM.
    TL;DR
    Switching to a different profession is no different than starting a new role at 50, Easily learned. Might as well start at Rank 1 PvP on PvP servers.

Also, the tab targeting needs to be fixed with two things.
    1.) It has no real selected cycle through the enemies in los, it goes randomly through them, it also prioritizes pets.
    2.)It will sometimes tab through, say, 2 pets 6 times (meaning three rotations for two pets) while enemies that are players are in los, it will do this for player targets too (targeting is random with no kind of tab rythm/cycle/order to go through almost full teams of enemies in los). Give players numbers before their names depending on where they are located at in their raid, and let all people know and see these numbers, and tab cycles through those numbers in order to all enemies in range. Then pets if no players are in range.
    3.)I also think minor obstructions that shouldn't, do play a role in who you can tab target, which adds up with the previous problems making it become complicated to target at times.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ght=imageshack

Thank you for pretty much fixing the nearest target button, it's noticeable.

Soulwalker

Default stuns are fine if there all on par with each other

i left the last game i was playing cause of stun issues in a pvp match you never got one move serious on that
    i think stuns are ok they should just be more even out
    face it if you can get stun for 6 sec 10 sec cool down and can break it but takes 2 minutes to cool down
    of course schools are going to exploit it.
    this is a pattern i have been facing warrior stun mage one hit kills me with me at full health over 4000
    i find a joke cause even if i waste my stun break i dead less i run with my tail between my legs like a coward
    i wish rift would explain to use rouges why most all are effect spells close to 90% in some rouge classes
    are broken with any damage i find that most all rouges effect spells useless with the exception of a couple.
    just think more thought need to be put into effect spells.
    as to whatever someone plays can be counter and length of effect and cool downs should be close to equal.

Soulwalker

Default @OP

I love playing rogue for assassins stuns. One stun you must be stealthed to perform & it is a 4s stun, but you waste an oppertunity to use a more powerful atk that would hurt more then stunning & attacking. At most I can stun you for up to 8s, if you are not immune, but I have never downed someone in that time if you have full health (possible still).

With another spec I could stun a total 12s, but to perform that last 4s stun I must dodge one atk.

I mostly use stun so my group can finish the pc off because most the time I can't seem to get the job done by myself.

2 assassins can stun you for 16s, but then again that is team work, & well timed stunning. All of which isn't the end of that because if you have another team mate you can live through it.

I've been with another assassin b4 & a war took both us down even though we stunned him for 14s (stunned aq lil too soon) & he didn't heal or anything, but dpsed us down. I don't think it is OP for that reason alone.

It does suck, but there are weays to servive them. Team work is the best solution.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by betarun View Post
    Considering the cooldowns I dont agree. Just because people can coordinate their stuns on a 3 vs 1 fight is no reason to nerf it.
    if anything, you surviving long enough to get restunned after 5seconds, when its 3 vs 1 is arguebly more wrong then the stun duration.
    Living longer then 5 seconds in pvp is clearly overpowered.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Niminion View Post
    Living longer then 5 seconds in pvp is clearly overpowered.
    No kidding
    TL;DR
    Switching to a different profession is no different than starting a new role at 50, Easily learned. Might as well start at Rank 1 PvP on PvP servers.

Also, the tab targeting needs to be fixed with two things.
    1.) It has no real selected cycle through the enemies in los, it goes randomly through them, it also prioritizes pets.
    2.)It will sometimes tab through, say, 2 pets 6 times (meaning three rotations for two pets) while enemies that are players are in los, it will do this for player targets too (targeting is random with no kind of tab rythm/cycle/order to go through almost full teams of enemies in los). Give players numbers before their names depending on where they are located at in their raid, and let all people know and see these numbers, and tab cycles through those numbers in order to all enemies in range. Then pets if no players are in range.
    3.)I also think minor obstructions that shouldn't, do play a role in who you can tab target, which adds up with the previous problems making it become complicated to target at times.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ght=imageshack

Thank you for pretty much fixing the nearest target button, it's noticeable.

They are addressing this issue with the changes to break free in the next patch.

There is a reason it's called the PvP soul.

Plane Touched

45 second sap sucks...

The 45 second snares suck too. I have being snared over and over and over. Everyone seems to have a snare and its been so bad before that I might as well have been sapped. I couldnt move at all.

The 5 second in battle crap is needed though. Rogues are already crap. Without that 5 second Foul Play, they will be obsolete.

We have:
    Blind
    Dark Containment
    Foul Play

These are probably the most used. All of them break on damage except the Foul Play. They are really just something to use when someone is channeling you. It breaks a channel spell like Soul Purge.

Anyways, Rogues have had enough nerf. Keep us the way we are.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2