+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Have you ever protected a healer and then...

Default Have you ever protected a healer and then...

..... had him run away while you fought off the two guys that now turned their attention on you? Healers have a huge sense of entitlement, and it's justified if they keep everyone up, but now that I've started to focus on this much more, guess what I'm finding?

I stop the assailants, cleric heals himself up and runs away, doesnt even toss me a thank you heal. I die. While I'm watching the respawn timer I hear "Stupid DPS don't protect your healers, where the hell are you guys?"

Not saying this always happens, but this is what mostly happens to me, now that I've started paying attention to this trade off these last couple weeks as I have begun to focus far more on healer protection. So to all of you healers who ***** and whine and moan and cry that no one helps you:

You are not the most important person in a WF at all times.

Many of you are in fact, lousy healers, just like many of our dps are lousy dps.

I will not protect you if you will not heal me.

Suck it.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnos View Post
    ..... had him run away while you fought off the two guys that now turned their attention on you? Healers have a huge sense of entitlement, and it's justified if they keep everyone up, but now that I've started to focus on this much more, guess what I'm finding?

I stop the assailants, cleric heals himself up and runs away, doesnt even toss me a thank you heal. I die. While I'm watching the respawn timer I hear "Stupid DPS don't protect your healers, where the hell are you guys?"

Not saying this always happens, but this is what mostly happens to me, now that I've started paying attention to this trade off these last couple weeks as I have begun to focus far more on healer protection. So to all of you healers who ***** and whine and moan and cry that no one helps you:

You are not the most important person in a WF at all times.

Many of you are in fact, lousy healers, just like many of our dps are lousy dps.

I will not protect you if you will not heal me.

Suck it.
    If they do this then they suck.

I have the opposite happen sometimes where I run in and save a melee getting beat on by two or three people. I heal him up, the melee realize that someone is healing him and turn their focus to me, and he runs away. They suck too. There are morons in every class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashane View Post
    I would just like to add, I sure hope they don't add something to this game before they add something else that is totally unrelated to the thing they might add, because that would really tick me off or something if they added it first before the thing that should be added first even though its totally unrelated like, you know?

What is this healer you speak of? (I'm defiant)
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Magnos View Post

Suck it.
    If someone is helping me, I try and keep them up. When it becomes apparent he is going to die due to another 1-2 guys joining the first 2 guys, I run away. No need in both of us dying!

I pour out a beer in his honor though.

Sword of Telara

Favorite so far is cleric see's me heading for a powerball (mage) and swoops in and snags it then runs off to the middle of a battle alone, then *****es no one followed him and protected him... of course though everyone was actually working on the objective in a large group that he for some reason can't follow.

I think several clerics have become sheltered and have this opinion that anything they do must work because they are healers, and if it doesn't it's always the tanks/dps/etcs fault.

The clerics that tend not to *****, also tend to be the ones that it takes 3+ people to kill.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." -Sir Winston Churchill

And as always "Death to the Fascists! Death to the Guardians!" -Liper

Rift Disciple

Default Your story is....

Man bites dog. The far, far, far greater occurrence is healers getting NO help while the enemy focuses them down and the the DPS do nothing to stop it and then whine about no heals -- that the dog bites man of it. Hearing a DPS call healers 'entitled' made me laugh so hard I think I pulled something.

Yes, an individual healer isn't the most important thing in the WF at all times, but he's generally a hell of a lot more important than YOU and your limited and oh-so-easily-replaceable DPS. You're also not the only person he has responsibility for. You say you see a lone healer getting jumped by two guys and you help him. That's nice (what were you doing off alone anyway?) You know why he's alone? Because he's on his way to somewhere where his heals are actually needed, and the reason he's not there already is probably related to crappy DPSers not helping him when he got focused. If you see a healer running somewhere, you get people off him and let him go on his way to something more important than spending 30sec to a minute saving ONE guy in the midddle of nowhere which advances no strategic objective. Getting the healer to the fight, even if YOU die doing it will actually help your team, even if it doesn't make you the happiest guy out there. It's a team sport there slick, and your healers have to heal everyone, not just you. Just because you can't figure out why he's doing something like leaving you doesn't mean he doesn't have a reason for it. In fact, you can be absolutely certain he does, because otherwise he's be AFKing -- he's got some kind of goal in mind, whether its a great idea or an idiotic one it's still there. And if you ARE fighting anywhere other than near an objective or strategic point, and he leaves you, that's actually the mark of a GOOD healer, it's the noob who'd be stupid enough to heal you while others who are working on objectives don't get healed.

Quote Originally Posted by syrianx View Post
    <Insert long winded defend the perfect healer post because obviously every healer is awesome, always, period.>
    I like how you envision every healer on the battle as being played by Sun Tzu, it's cute.

Cheers.

+ Reply to Thread