+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The DAMAGE REDUCTION UNBALANCE in PVP

Rift Chaser

Default The DAMAGE REDUCTION UNBALANCE in PVP

I pvp a lot,i am in warfronts 95% of the time i play this game.
    I think the damage reduction should be tweaked,for example..what i am trying to say is..in this game..MAGES and CLERICS(casters) hit TANKS(mostly warrior) as hard as they hit rogues..THE PHYSICAL DEFENSE In this game IS WAY WAY MORE EFFECTIVE then the SPELL DEFENSE.

And on another note,why do melee clerics hit 2x harder then warrior champions?...

dmv

This is tracked back to the fact.
    1 ap= .1 dps
    1sp= .2 dps
    And yet they are itemized the same way, aside from weapons giving 400 sp.
    Last edited by dmv; 04-22-2011 at 12:39 AM.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

04-18-2011 12:58 PM

I should really stop starting these trends.

Quote Originally Posted by dmv View Post
    1 ap= .1 dps
    1sp= .2 dps
    Base AP for Warriors comes from 75% STR and 25% DEX - for Rogues, 50% DEX/STR.
    Base SP for Mages comes from 50% INT/WIS - for Clerics, 75% WIS and 25% INT.

Thing is - the way Casters do damage is different than the way Melee do damage. Neither a Mage nor a Cleric casts up to 3 or up to 5 quick spells to unleash a more powerful spell. Generally speaking, you would pretty much have to ignore Warriors, Rogues, and Mages to look at Melee vs. Magic damage at the root.

You would want to look at Melee Cleric vs. Magic Cleric, eh?

Cleric AP is 50% STR/DEX. Odds are it is not difficult to see that even with AP/SP around the same, that SP-DPS increases are around twice that of AP-DPS increases.

Does it stop there though? Take a look at the actual abilities - parse things out if that is your thing. Tooltips are a lie, so you cannot trust them.

Then you come to the mitigation part - and you have to subtract physical damage reduction - and tada, you start to come to where folks are complaining.

dmv

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    Base AP for Warriors comes from 75% STR and 25% DEX - for Rogues, 50% DEX/STR.
    Base SP for Mages comes from 50% INT/WIS - for Clerics, 75% WIS and 25% INT.

Thing is - the way Casters do damage is different than the way Melee do damage. Neither a Mage nor a Cleric casts up to 3 or up to 5 quick spells to unleash a more powerful spell. Generally speaking, you would pretty much have to ignore Warriors, Rogues, and Mages to look at Melee vs. Magic damage at the root.

You would want to look at Melee Cleric vs. Magic Cleric, eh?

Cleric AP is 50% STR/DEX. Odds are it is not difficult to see that even with AP/SP around the same, that SP-DPS increases are around twice that of AP-DPS increases.

Does it stop there though? Take a look at the actual abilities - parse things out if that is your thing. Tooltips are a lie, so you cannot trust them.

Then you come to the mitigation part - and you have to subtract physical damage reduction - and tada, you start to come to where folks are complaining.
    True, but physical mitigation isn't going anywhere soon. An easy fix for trion would be to put ap on a similar stat progression as p crit.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by dmv View Post
    1 ap= .1 dps
    1sp= .2 dps
    This.

I am not sure who did the maths for this game but they were clearly stoned or ******ed.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by solarbear View Post
    This.

I am not sure who did the maths for this game but they were clearly stoned or ******ed.
    Well dont expect anyone competent, they just copied 90% wow perfectly and added "Coolzorz" Rifts(as dev think) to say its another game.

How do you expect them to understand the games balance and see its depth if the only think they did was copy another game almost perfectly... They cant understand it root, its not their design
    Last edited by wolfy2449; 04-22-2011 at 02:15 AM.

+ Reply to Thread