+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Remove mage damage reduction and fix cleric damage reduction

Telaran

Default Remove mage damage reduction and fix cleric damage reduction

Mages don't need damage reduction. With it they are able to tank better then any other class in the game. I can hit plate harder and leather wearers the hardest.

They should get their shields and thats it. They have enough skills for keeping themselves alive and mages can hit harder then any other class, which is reasonable, but they should also die the fastest. And with the increase to valor, they will be nearly impossible to kill.

Clerics have a passive ability(not sure what its named) is supposed to reduce damage every time they take 10% damage and stacks. It is broken though and applies when any damage is taken.
    Last edited by fuller; 04-21-2011 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fuller View Post
    Mages don't need damage reduction. With it they are able to tank better then any other class in the game. I can hit plate harder and leather wearers the hardest.

They should get their shields and thats it. They have enough skills for keeping themselves alive and mages can hit harder then any other class, which is reasonable, but they should also die the fastest. And with the increase to valor, they will be nearly impossible to kill.

Clerics have a passive ability(not sure what its named) is supposed to reduce damage every time they take 10% damage and stacks. It is broken though and applies when any damage is taken.
    Are we going to remove the damage reductions from the rogue PvP soul as well?

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    Let's just remove all the damage reduction from all the soul trees and while we are at it remove valor from pvp armor.

The about of *****ing in this game is relentless.

You are quoted but the remark isn't aimed at you.
    Last edited by Gnova; 04-22-2011 at 12:07 AM.

Telaran

the difference between rogue and mage damage reduction is that with rogues you have to sacrifice damage. with mages you get the best of both worlds. so to answer your question, no.

edit: and its just a suggestion, id like to see what other people think. My warrior is rank 6 now, and when i go from hitting leather and plate for 600-700 non crit to hitting mages for 200 or 300 it just seems kinda ridiculous.
    Last edited by fuller; 04-22-2011 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnova View Post
    Let's just remove all the damage reduction from all the soul trees and while we are at it remove valor from pvp armor.

The about of *****ing in this game is relentless.

You are quoted but the remark isn't aimed at you.
    The crying is pretty bad isn't it?

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

The crying is pretty bad isn't it?
    Yes. I'm so tired of the constant crying.

Rift Disciple

i'm tired of mages crying about the crying

Quote Originally Posted by Supra99 View Post
    i'm tired of mages crying about the crying
    Hey now, no need to stoop to their pointless level. There are various groups that have issues with other groups - some have legitimate complaints - some complaints can be legitimately answered. Others will find themselves the subject of trolls such as these. Go on complaining about actual things (whether right or wrong) - but leave the meaningless complaining about nothing to them...eh?
    Last edited by VirusDancer; 04-22-2011 at 12:28 AM.

+ Reply to Thread