+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pugs Vs Premades, my inability to understand

Rift Disciple

Default Pugs Vs Premades, my inability to understand

This is writtin partially in sadness as I have tried so very hard to understand why this is occuring and i just dont get it. Why can i lead a premade, win 4/5 games and then an hour later lose 4/5 games in a pug? Why is there such a leap in performance simply because you know the people you are pvping with or they are simply from the same server? Why can i not enjoy pvp when im not with my Thundercats?

Can someone please tell me why? please?
    Twelve year MMO vet with roots in EQ1
    Legionnaire Aisar, Master Weaponsmith
    "Lol so basicly you are saying that one of the only servers worth playing on cannot handle the ridiculous amount of people rerolling from all the other fail servers. this is golden."

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Aisar View Post
    This is writtin partially in sadness as I have tried so very hard to understand why this is occuring and i just dont get it. Why can i lead a premade, win 4/5 games and then an hour later lose 4/5 games in a pug? Why is there such a leap in performance simply because you know the people you are pvping with or they are simply from the same server? Why can i not enjoy pvp when im not with my Thundercats?

More oft-times than not, one big issue with pugs is that they kind of just don't care in the end. But when you're rolling with a premade, there's a noticeable difference in effort presented.

When you join the que with a premade you all join (usualy) with the intent to watch each others back, perform specific roles, and complete the objectives.

When you go into a pug you joined a que with 1/4 of the players taking some form of horse traquilizer, which then seem to wander rather listlessly around the field unable to muster enough energy to actualy accomplish much of anything useful.

Another 1/4 taking some type high grade ***/XTC rubbing on every nearby object and randomly tab targeting to the nearest pretty color in hopes that this one is real and not just some random hallucination.

Another 1/4 are all tweaked up on some form of amphetamine and bounce randomly off of every near by object, charge franticaly around the field swapping to anything and everything they pass and occasionaly hitting the correct target, only to have their micro second attention span cause them to lose interest in the objective in favor of some other shiney object accross the map.

And lastly there is you and the remaining 1/4, who actualy know what they are doing, where they are, and what is real.

Sorry, normaly don't throw out random trash, but you seriously couldn't have been expecting a real answer to that question? Could you?

Cheers.
    Last edited by Catalysts; 04-21-2011 at 11:02 PM.

Sword of Telara

If your premade is only winning 4 out 5 against PUGs, you have work to do. You should be winning about 49 out of 50 unless this is to obfuscate a very real flaw.

There is the difference between "premades" and trade pugs. Trade pugs will often do better than straight pugs, but they are still not a "premade" - imho.

Premades will have worked together, they will have comms, they will spec out their toons based on what they have in the group, etc, etc.

Pugs - well - everybody knows what a pug is.

I make it my purpose in pugs to loot all corpses. I want my 2 Platinum!
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

More Premade v Pug threads please, I believe there will be an achievement received for the consistent QQ all over the PVP boards.

[Random] just achieved the "I cry more than I own" award on [Date].
    Last edited by Cryptzilla; 04-22-2011 at 05:05 AM.
    ------------------------------------
    (50) Cryptrain - Warrior
    (50) Crypt - Cleric
    (50) Cryptek - Rogue
    [Danger Zone] / Defiant PVP Guild / Faemist
    My PVP Videos - http://crypt.upson.cc

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptzilla View Post
    More Premade v Pug threads please, I believe there will be an achievement received for the consistent QQ all over the PVP boards.

[Random] just achieved the "I cry more than I own" award on [Date].
    Are you hunting down the "I cry about the crying most" achieve?

Do not like the threads? Then do not bump them by posting tears in them.

Let them die off...

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    Are you hunting down the "I cry about the crying most" achieve?

Do not like the threads? Then do not bump them by posting tears in them.

Let them die off...
    I actually enjoy reading peoples whining about not being able to compete against organization. It's odd that people really believe they should be able to solo queue and perform at optimum levels and win a match without any structure. It also amazes me to see so many different threads of the same cry and not learn anything from the other 20+ threads. Your cry is no louder than the person(s) thread posted 10 minutes before yours. Face it, understand the requirements of a successful win. (1) Learn how to utilize the community (family shard) and build up a report with people to commit to group queuing into WFs. (2) Realize voice communication has been implemented and released to the e-public for about 10+ years now in several different fashions and understand this is the key to successful strategic WF wins. (3) People who solo queue and cry about losing, should perhaps STOP solo queuing. And lastly (4), asking for hand outs because you are that incompetent of evolving; instead of driving your head into the same wall over and over expecting it to soon disappear, is really not the solution to bad decision making.

To break it down in lament terms for some of you, since the other 20+ thread didn't help you out. If you get off of work and walk down a street with a swarm of thugs awaiting your arrival to take your money, your jewelry and/or your clothes off your back. How many more times are you going to continue to walk down that same road by yourself?

If you have common sense enough to stop walking down that road by yourself, try utilizing that same state of mind in a MASSIVELY MULTI-PLAYER ONLINE PLAYER VS PLAYER game.

Just saying.
    Last edited by Cryptzilla; 04-22-2011 at 05:30 AM.
    (50) Cryptrain - Warrior
    (50) Crypt - Cleric
    (50) Cryptek - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptzilla View Post
    If you get off of work and walk down a street with a swarm of thugs awaiting your arrival to take your money, your jewelry and/or your clothes off your back. How many more times are you going to continue to walk down that same road by yourself?
    So you are equating premades to a swarm of thugs?

Generally speaking, one would call the police in such a situation - they would break up the group of thugs.

Is that not what people have been asking Trion (the policing party for this game) to do?

Just saying.

So you are equating premades to a swarm of thugs?
    A swarm of thugs: (translation) know each other, understand their role, communicate, pretty much will win the battle if you are solo.

Generally speaking, one would call the police in such a situation - they would break up the group of thugs. Is that not what people have been asking Trion (the policing party for this game) to do?
    Obviously you live in a fantasy violent free-world, head over to common high violent areas and see how much breaking up police do. They can try, but chances are, someone else will complain about it elsewhere. Police cannot please everyone. With that said, the police will recommend ways to avoid the same things from happening to you again (aka common sense/self-teaching).
    Last edited by Cryptzilla; 04-22-2011 at 05:38 AM.
    (50) Cryptrain - Warrior
    (50) Crypt - Cleric
    (50) Cryptek - Rogue

So you are saying that Trion cannot handle a swarm of thugs?

So you are saying that Trion cannot handle a swarm of thugs?
    Whether they are thugs, friends or family members, "Group Join" is an option. This indicates they should be accepted/allowed to explore/play anywhere YOU believe you have the right to. If you do not have friends to play with, or enough maturity to utilize the community the game encourages, ones that do should not be penalized; by separation, longer queue times and/or limited options to be allowed to do as a community.

Again, it goes back to evolving. If you cannot evolve, perhaps this is not the game you should be trying to PVP in.
    Last edited by Cryptzilla; 04-22-2011 at 05:58 AM.
    (50) Cryptrain - Warrior
    (50) Crypt - Cleric
    (50) Cryptek - Rogue

Champion of Telara

"I don't know why choosing 5 people for a balanced group, that I know don't totally suck, and can communicate with on vent works better then 5 random people who clicked join solo with intents of killing 5-15 minutes of time"

...forreal?
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

Rift Master

Psst...I have a secret. Most pvpers are BAD. Like...these are the people that wipe your group 10x in a dungeon because they can't mash buttons correctly. So they pvp for gear.

Then another 10% are good players that know what they are doing. A lot of these form premades, which makes it worse.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast