+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Healing debuff mechanics

Telaran

Default Healing debuff mechanics

I'm a bit puzzled by how they work. I did some tests with a cleric friend to see how my healing debuffs affected him. (I played a Dominator/X)

Void Shroud, our 50% healing debuff worked as advertised. ~1000 heals were reduced to about 500.

It gets fishy from here though. Chastise applies a stacking 10% debuff to your healing/damage everytime you perform an action. Maximum 10 stacks for a 100% healing/damage debuff. We tried it out, and he could still heal himself for about 300 with the ten stacks on him.

I then added Void Shroud to the 10 stacks of Chastise, no difference. I assume this means they won't stack and the best debuff is the only one that is applied.

What's up with the 100% reduction being only 70% though? Either the tooltip is wrong, or the spell doesn't work properly.
    Last edited by DKay; 04-21-2011 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DKay View Post
    I'm a bit puzzled by how they work. I did some tests with a cleric friend to see how my healing debuffs affected him. (I played a Dominator/X)

Void Shroud, our 50% healing debuff worked as advertised. ~1000 heals were reduced to about 500.

It gets fishy from here though. Chastise applies a stacking 10% debuff to your healing/damage everytime you perform an action. Maximum 10 stacks for a 100% healing/damage debuff. We tried it out, and he could still heal himself for about 300 with the ten stacks on him.

I then added Void Shroud to the 10 stacks of Chastise, no difference. I assume this means they won't stack and the best debuff is the only one that is applied.

What's up with the 100% reduction being only 70% though? Either the tooltip is wrong, or the spell doesn't work properly.
    As far as I can tell through tests is that healing reduction caps at -70%, which is MASSIVE.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Telaran

Sure is, but that's not the issue. Why bother with 10 stacks if 70% is the cap?

Sure is, but that's not the issue. Why bother with 10 stacks if 70% is the cap?
    Because you can actually cure the stacking debuff, while missing the initial spell.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    Topeka Photography

Telaran

Ah-a! That makes sense, thanks.

Edit : You wouldn't happen to know if the damage debuff is also capped at 70%? I imagine it can't make someone do no damage whatsoever either.
    Last edited by DKay; 04-21-2011 at 09:57 PM.

Soulwalker

I would venture a guess that it stacks to 10 because it also reduces damage dealt by 10% a stack and damage can be reduced to 0?

Ah-a! That makes sense, thanks.

Edit : You wouldn't happen to know if the damage debuff is also capped at 70%? I imagine it can't make someone do no damage whatsoever either.
    I have not taken the time to test that to be honest.

Topeka Photography

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    As far as I can tell through tests is that healing reduction caps at -70%, which is MASSIVE.
    This is only partly true. While healing debuffs applied by players seems to be capped at roughly 70%, healing debuffs in general are not. I'm mainly referring to the debuff applied in whitefall on the flag carriers after each side has held it for x amount of time. The 50% applied by this debuff stacks with every single other debuff directly. Far too many times have I been carrying the flag or healing the carrier when my heals literally all heal for 1. This is a horrible, horrible oversight/design and honestly makes the bg not even fun at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Supaz View Post
    This is only partly true. While healing debuffs applied by players seems to be capped at roughly 70%, healing debuffs in general are not. I'm mainly referring to the debuff applied in whitefall on the flag carriers after each side has held it for x amount of time. The 50% applied by this debuff stacks with every single other debuff directly. Far too many times have I been carrying the flag or healing the carrier when my heals literally all heal for 1. This is a horrible, horrible oversight/design and honestly makes the bg not even fun at all.
    Yeah, they need to balance a lot of stuff in warfronts. Remove all the wing buffs, remove the buffs in Scion per stack, for starters.

Topeka Photography

+ Reply to Thread