+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Exchange for R5 to R6 Weapons

Default Exchange for R5 to R6 Weapons

Trion,

Would it be possible to have some exchange in favor the above stated weapons? Many of us have/had purchased the R5 weapons and knowing that if we only had to wait a few weeks to a month and could of bought R6 weapons we would of just waited out and saved our favor. Many of us during the Prestige 6 grind had to buy weapons/armor and store them from capping favor. Please evaluate an exchange for those of us who wasted tons of favor to buy the R5 when R6 was right around the corner.
    "Men who believe absurdities will commit atrocities."

Rift Disciple

Yea, I just bought them 2 weeks ago. I wouldn't have it if knew a few weeks later, I would get something better. The grind after Rank 6 is still crazy to get all the gear.

Please let us return them for half the favor spent

Soulwalker

Same here. Let us sell it back or just upgrade the R5 to R6 and create R4 weapons.

Rift Chaser

Same here...a refund of favor would be nice...the favor that i spent on what is currently now my rank 5 prestige weapon..to clikc it..and the weapon dissapears and get favor back...something like that

There are rank6 weapons?? where?? O_O

They really need to look at the favor requirements overall.

But yes, the items should just be upgraded or refunded entirely. I would have not purchased them had I know they were not going to be the top end items due to the ridiculous favor costs. Look at people's lifetime favor, then look at their PR rank... that should give you a clue as to the problem. 2 daggers, 1 bow, 64k each.... that's almost HALF of my lifetime favor and I'm PR5, 1/2 to PR6 (my lifetime is 490k right now).
    Celestian, 50: Assassin(51), Faeblight/Guardian
    http://www.greycouncil.US/

/signed, already sent them a question about this.

No, this is not needed. Sometimes being ahead of the curve hurts, but you do it anyway.

And yes, I have R5 weapons. I bought my dagger the day before they released the info on pvp weapon changes.
    "Well get used to it, because it's kind of my main move."

Rift Disciple

they will be adding even more armors and weapons later on. do you expect them to offer refunds on those items too? and still get all the benefits of using it now?

How pathetic, You expect them to upgrade your weapons in all future patches?. Ridiculous.

Yes I do expect a refund if they are downgrading my weapons from rank 5 to rank 4 and dropping the cost for them i do agree refunds are in order If they took all T2 gear and said it will now be same stats as T1 oh you can now go do greenscale would you QQ yes you would so **** K Thanks........

Quote Originally Posted by Supra99 View Post
    they will be adding even more armors and weapons later on. do you expect them to offer refunds on those items too? and still get all the benefits of using it now?
    Adding new weapons is fine. Revamping the ones we have, changing the cost and moving the rank... that is different.

This is clearly a gear revamp, not just "adding new weapons and armor" to give people something to work towards.
    Celestian, 50: Assassin(51), Faeblight/Guardian
    http://www.greycouncil.US/

Quote Originally Posted by Celestian View Post
    Adding new weapons is fine. Revamping the ones we have, changing the cost and moving the rank... that is different.

This is clearly a gear revamp, not just "adding new weapons and armor" to give people something to work towards.
    Normally I agree with this sentiment, however, since they just buff existing pve gear when they have upgraded, I don't see why they shouldn't do the same for pvp gear.

They should let you sell back all of your favor gear for half the favor returned. Right now, when you reach the next rank, your favor is barely 2/3 what you need and if you buy all your rank gear, you won't be able to buy the next ranks gear.

By the time you are rank 6, you still have to farm pretty much rank 6 again to get all of the gear from it.

This would also make it more likely that people will buy the lower level gear, since the hit to favor will only be half what it was after selling it back for an upgrade.
    Last edited by Albane; 04-22-2011 at 08:44 AM.

Soulwalker

I'm sorry but I disagree with the OP. I'm a Defiant Rogue R6 on a PvE server who owns two Vigilante's Shivs. I got them about 2 weeks ago. Despite the fact that it will be A LOT of work to farm favor for NEW weapons, I am more than willing to bite the bullet. Guys, we bought what was the old T2 dagger, with the T2 name, does anyone know if the new weapons won't carry the T3 name? The Vigilante's Shiv is a 29 dps dagger that is T2 equivalent, the new ones will be T3 (same as raid dps). Sorry, but an upgrade is an upgrade. I'm stoked just to see this because my chances of seeing a 33+ dps dagger is kind of slim at the moment. At my current rate, I'll be finished with getting full T2 some time this next week, not counting this upgrade.

My point is, you can't ask for refunds each time content comes out simply because you feel it was a trick sale and you got duped. I'll be farming the favor and enjoying the PvP in the process. Lots of things aren't perfect in the PvP world at the moment, but I'm having a lot of fun. This is all my opinion of course and I guess it really doesn't matter in the end. I just think of it as a free hand out and I don't want to be stuck farming for my last 5 t2 armor pieces and nothing to do after, because I got the hook-up on the new T2-T3 trade-in deal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast