+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My cleric QQ thread.

Soulwalker

Default My cleric QQ thread.

Dear Trion,

You clearly have absolutely no idea how to balance skills across classes, so let me give you a hint:

The reason clerics SHOULD (yes, I said it) have this ridiculous healing youve already given them, is because that is their strong point. Giving them teleports, aoe confuses, etc makes them obscenely OP and nearly impossible to kill solo, let alone with 2 or 3.

To those who would say "This is a group game, you arent supposed to solo!":
    I was attacking a cleric who was healing his group, thus supporting the group. I got everything I could throw at him, he was 4 levels lower, and still came no where near kiling him.

For the record: spec asn/nb/bd
    Rotation used (numerous times on any other target and won): From stealth bleed, puncture, impale, foul play, Keen strike -> quickstrike x2, flaming strike.
    In addition to this, there was one instance where I attempted to incapacitate him and it did nothing... so I poped on him instead. About 5 seconds later I tried to foul play him.... nothing. Lastly I tried to silence him with the bladedancer ranged silence WHILE HE WAS CASTING and it didnt silence him, as he just kept on instacasting after he started moving again.

I know this is still beta, (yes, it is) but for the love of god, A) fix whatever it is that he had making him immune to CC for over 10 seconds, and B) Asn damage isnt bad, its the players. Whats bad is clerics being able to rofl the damage off. Make it so "Requires stealth" attacks either have a followup, combo-building unpurgable stun, OR a huge healing debuff. If you still have no clue how to make a rogue work, Ill point you to my name and suggest that they had it right.

Back to the daoc shard until this mess gets cleaned up.

Prophet of Telara

You "poped" on him?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by OldschoolDaoc View Post
    Dear Trion,

You clearly have absolutely no idea how to balance skills across classes, so let me give you a hint:

The reason clerics SHOULD (yes, I said it) have this ridiculous healing youve already given them, is because that is their strong point. Giving them teleports, aoe confuses, etc makes them obscenely OP and nearly impossible to kill solo, let alone with 2 or 3.

I was attacking a cleric who was healing his group, thus supporting the group. I got everything I could throw at him, he was 4 levels lower, and still came no where near kiling him.

Rotation used (numerous times on any other target and won): From stealth bleed, puncture, impale, foul play, Keen strike -> quickstrike x2, flaming strike.
    In addition to this, there was one instance where I attempted to incapacitate him and it did nothing... so I poped on him instead. About 5 seconds later I tried to foul play him.... nothing. Lastly I tried to silence him with the bladedancer ranged silence WHILE HE WAS CASTING and it didnt silence him, as he just kept on instacasting after he started moving again.

I know this is still beta, (yes, it is) but for the love of god, A) fix whatever it is that he had making him immune to CC for over 10 seconds, and B) Asn damage isnt bad, its the players. Whats bad is clerics being able to rofl the damage off. Make it so "Requires stealth" attacks either have a followup, combo-building unpurgable stun, OR a huge healing debuff. If you still have no clue how to make a rogue work, Ill point you to my name and suggest that they had it right.

I am with you 100%. Healing needs to be toned down in pvp. I think the mass is onboard with this, minus the healers of course, they feel they should get buffed in 1.2 lol.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Maladon View Post
    You "poped" on him?
    Took him to the back room, had him fondle his twigs and berries, then said "God will cry if you tell anyone about this."

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Azlidax View Post
    I am with you 100%. Healing needs to be toned down in pvp. I think the mass is onboard with this, minus the healers of course, they feel they should get buffed in 1.2 lol.
    Silence and stun work fine on me, my bars are grayed out *most* of the time. What I didn't see in your attacks was some sort of healing reduction. I'm assuming you used some sort anti-healer ability to mess up his healing correct?

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Azlidax View Post
    I don't really think the "masses" are with this. I play a cleric, and I am pretty good. I frequently get solo'd by warriors that are specced right. 1 so-so spec warrior and 1 so-so rogue can shut me down. A pyro can eat me alive. A necro can mess my s**t up. I'm talking solo...much less these ridiculous "it took 10 people to kill a cleric." Want to know the secret to that?

#1. Any time I'm living more than 10 seconds with more than 2 people beating on me, it's because they either lack gear, or they aren't specced properly to kill a caster/healer. They didn't take the silence. They skipped over their stun. They decided "30% healing reduction" isn't as cool a "5% more to crits" or some nonsense.

#2. There were 2-3 other healers/bards on the sidelines keeping him up while he was stunned/silenced for 15 seconds straight. But the mouth breathing macro mashers don't bother to even watch his cast bar to see he only got 1-2 heals off. "OMG, his one heal just just caused him to go from 2% to 100% health! Again ! What kind of powers does this god possess?"
    Last edited by Saboth; 04-21-2011 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldschoolDaoc View Post
    Dear Trion,

You can apply Anathema and Fell Blades to provide -75% healing on the cleric. You neglected to do this. You didn't kill said cleric 1v1 and are stamping your feet on the forums. Rather than play DAoC, you should do research on how to play your own class. The cleric probably has a PVP soul, and guess who didn't: you.
    Grep@Lotham <Toilet>

Champion of Telara

lol did you really just say the cabalist teleport is OP?
    As if it ever worked or controlled where you go, lol half the time in cab spec if i try to use it it just teleports me closer to the enemies lol.

ps, if they have the aoe fear or any of that it means THEY ARENT HEALING PEOPLE.

Sad part is, DR% stacking is what is broken, which isnt getting nerfed in 1.2 and actually being made even more powerful with the valor buff
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

Champion of Telara

hahahaha you died to specs with near 0 healing and then complained about it
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

Quote Originally Posted by Grep View Post
    You can apply Anathema and Fell Blades to provide -75% healing on the cleric. You neglected to do this. You didn't kill said cleric 1v1 and are stamping your feet on the forums. Rather than play DAoC, you should do research on how to play your own class. The cleric probably has a PVP soul, and guess who didn't: you.
    1 Cleric can out heal it Anathema + Fell Blades. He also has defensive tools as his disposal to mitigate incoming damage taken. Op stated he is using NB which provides Fell Blades.

- Vybz
    Last edited by Nightwish; 04-21-2011 at 12:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    1 Cleric can out heal it Anathema + Fell Blades. He also has defensive tools as his disposal to mitigate incoming damage taken. Op stated he is using NB which provides Fell Blades.

- Vybz
    mitigating damage taken yes but lets take a BIIIGGG heal to see how effective it is (1 healer you said) with ana+fell up.

base heal 2000 healed
    50% debuffed with 50% outgoing reduced by 10 per heal
    first heal 0
    second 200
    third 400
    fourth 600
    fifth 800
    subsequen for 1000

now keep in mind that heal takes THREE seconds to cast, discounting cast reductions from crits/being stunned (serendipity and CLERIC quick recovery, not to be confused by the rogue quick recovery)

second healer mitigates this dilemma quite a bit, but if its a SINGLE cleric and you can't take them out you're doing something wrong, that's for sure. OR, they are a tank cleric not a healing cleric.
    Last edited by Baconbits; 04-21-2011 at 12:36 PM.
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconbits View Post
    mitigating damage taken yes but lets take a BIIIGGG heal to see how effective it is (1 healer you said) with ana+fell up.

base heal 2000 healed
    50% debuffed with 50% outgoing reduced by 10 per heal
    first heal 0
    second 200
    third 400
    fourth 600
    fifth 800
    subsequen for 1000

now keep in mind that heal takes THREE seconds to cast, discounting cast reductions from crits/being stunned (serendipity and CLERIC quick recovery, not to be confused by the rogue quick recovery)

second healer mitigates this dilemma quite a bit, but if its a SINGLE cleric and you can't take them out you're doing something wrong, that's for sure. OR, they are a tank cleric not a healing cleric.
    50% healing casted + 50% healing take /= 100% Your base heal is 2000, my base dps is 400 max on a finisher. When it crits the most I've seen is 1.3k. When a healer crits, it's usually 3k+. In the end our damage is being out healed + mitigated.

Because there isn't that hybrid Healer/Tank Cleric build that's becoming more and more popular. There's also a DPS version of that build for Clerics. Clearly no one in this game is double dipping.

- Vybz
    Last edited by Nightwish; 04-21-2011 at 12:39 PM.
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

Prophet of Telara

- Vybz
    I think he would have specified the most important part of his attack. Also, even if he did have fell blades he still went in at a disadvantage without infiltrator.

Quote Originally Posted by Maladon View Post
    I think he would have specified the most important part of his attack. Also, even if he did have fell blades he still went in at a disadvantage without infiltrator.
    How is he at a disadvantage without Infiltrator? Sin gives both stealth and slip away(if he went that deep) and NB gives the same effect as Cleanse soul.

- Vybz

Prophet of Telara

How is he at a disadvantage without Infiltrator? Sin gives both stealth and slip away(if he went that deep) and NB gives the same effect as Cleanse soul.

- Vybz
    Did you really just ask me how a rogue attacking a healer is at a disadvantage without infiltrator? I'm not talking about running away from the fight, I'm talking about winning the fight.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast