+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Prestige and titles for levels 11-49

bkd
    Soulwalker

Default Prestige and titles for levels 11-49

I don't know why Rift makes prestige and titles for only lvl 50, which other games has not done, but it makes no sense!

I do a lot of warfronts for leveling & despite no auto & less loot, for some reason I am further penalized to wait until 50 for prestige & titles against brutal premades & better pve geared opponents.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by bkd View Post
    I don't know why Rift makes prestige and titles for only lvl 50, which other games has not done, but it makes no sense!

I do a lot of warfronts for leveling & despite no auto & less loot, for some reason I am further penalized to wait until 50 for prestige & titles against brutal premades & better pve geared opponents.
    Because everything nets experience and your awesome level 19 will be 20 before you know it and suck again.

50 Titles are to reward persistent PvPers.

Sorry you can't be "Nineteenlol The Turdsmasher"
    Famaji - 50 Rogue
    Famage - 40 Mage
    The reason you have 4 souls is to provide negative feedback on all 4 at once, rather than focusing an educated feedback on 1.

bkd
    Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Famaji View Post
    Because everything nets experience and your awesome level 19 will be 20 before you know it and suck again.

50 Titles are to reward persistent PvPers.

Sorry you can't be "Nineteenlol The Turdsmasher"
    Trust me any 50 can get any prestige/title rank through pure persistence, not skill. A lower level won't achieve rank 6 by any means, as one acquires xp each game. If you don't like maximized players in lower level warfronts then don't play them or get better gear

Plus, the prestige/titles don't enhance players until 50 anyways, and it is more challenging to grind warfronts than mobs, and even at 50 one won't have a ton of prestige anyways (maybe rank 2 or 3). I think it's a great idea! Sorry your negative about it, but it will enhance the overall community if they implement this idea.

Because there is almost nothing to do at level 50 - it gives the players the illusion of something to do.

Seriously - you get to 50 - you have 5 Tier 1 dungeons - then 5 Tier 2 dungeons. You have a few weekly raids.

Take your time getting to 50, maybe they will have added something to do by then.

B/c then you would really have nothing to do at 50.

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post

Take your time getting to 50, maybe they will have added something to do by then.
    Unless you play 1 hour a day it's hard to take your time gettign to 50 b/c it's so easy lol.
    Also who wants to log in everyday and do quests that's why I rush past the early levels b/c quests are GARBAGE.
    Last edited by MopDaddy; 04-21-2011 at 01:24 PM.
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

They need to enable prestige from 11-50 so the new 50s are not coming into Warfronts completely undergeared.

It's only fair.

I don't like killing undergeared toons.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    They need to enable prestige from 11-50 so the new 50s are not coming into Warfronts completely undergeared.

It's only fair.

You made me laugh, define under-geared? If the level of field is the same then how are they under-geared??

Quote Originally Posted by Davador View Post
    You made me laugh, define under-geared? If the level of field is the same then how are they under-geared??
    It's not the same. A new level 50 isn't going to be close to my gear, let alone close to a raid geared toon.

You can always tell the newer 50s, they just can't compete on any level for weeks.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    Topeka Photography

Telaran

This is one of the things I think DAOC pvp got right. the rank system in daoc gave you abilities/stats instead of gear, but you started it in the very first bg's, just each level bracket had a cap.

the bonus to this was that if you pvp'd regularly as you levelled, then when you got to 50 you had the basic pvp abilities like purge and what not, so you at least had a chance at 50.

I think this is a good idea...they'd have to adjust the ranks though, and cap each level bracket at a certain prestige.

Like the poster above says, the gear disparity makes a large difference, and will make even more so next patch when the valor gets increased on pvp gear. Meaning a fresh 50 will have little chance vs anyone above rank 3 between the gear and pvp soul unless they burn through t2's first.

The best games, and PvP systems allows for new players to fit in faster. I hate seeing games die because they can't get new players, and keep them.

I don't want free kills, I'm playing the game for that next awesome challenge, and I'm not going to get it if new 50s come in, and can't compete. Because of this I fully support a player earning prestige from level 11.

Topeka Photography

Plane Touched

The fact is this game doesn't endorse staying at a low level nor should it. The game is designed to get to 50, and build your character. The PVP incentive at low levels is the shabby gear you can buy thats not worth a crap, if it were epic and had valor that would be cool.

But any item you get will obviously be replaced by greens as you level - at low levels its also easiest to get achievements when your op in a bracket.

Take it or leave it -- but tbh low level pvp just isn't that fun.
    Famaji - 50 Rogue
    Famage - 40 Mage
    The reason you have 4 souls is to provide negative feedback on all 4 at once, rather than focusing an educated feedback on 1.

New 50s need to create less gear dependent specs until they gear up

In the next patch people will get sets of decent pvp gear in r1 and r2.

bkd
    Soulwalker

It's only fair.

That's an excellent point

Quote Originally Posted by BloodOak View Post
    This is one of the things I think DAOC pvp got right. I think this is a good idea...they'd have to adjust the ranks though, and cap each level bracket at a certain prestige.

Like the poster above says, the gear disparity makes a large difference, and will make even more so next patch when the valor gets increased on pvp gear. Meaning a fresh 50 will have little chance vs anyone above rank 3 between the gear and pvp soul unless they burn through t2's first.
    Unfortunately never tried DAOC, but at least got the chance to enjoy Shadowbane (despite the lag). Caps on prestige wouldn't even be necessary as the xp gain alone will force someone to 50. Many pvp players don't want to burn grind instances for t1 or t2 gear. I'd much rather grind warfronts anyday.

The best games, and PvP systems allows for new players to fit in faster. I hate seeing games die because they can't get new players, and keep them.

I don't want free kills, I'm playing the game for that next awesome challenge, and I'm not going to get it if new 50s come in, and can't compete. Because of this I fully support a player earning prestige from level 11.
    I agree completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Famaji View Post
    The fact is this game doesn't endorse staying at a low level nor should it. The game is designed to get to 50, and build your character. The PVP incentive at low levels is the shabby gear you can buy thats not worth a crap, if it were epic and had valor that would be cool.

But any item you get will obviously be replaced by greens as you level - at low levels its also easiest to get achievements when your op in a bracket.

Take it or leave it -- but tbh low level pvp just isn't that fun.
    I level quite a bit through warfronts, so it's not true that they equal staying at low levels (xp in warfronts isn't bad). It helps leveling with better gear, not to mention warfronts. I like warfronts at all levels, and it's a nice change from the pyromancer 50 nightmare, or premades being outgeared. At least in lower than 50 warfronts people are much more even gearwise, and is never quite the one-sided slaughter I experience in 50 depending on which side has more mages & gear.

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    Because there is almost nothing to do at level 50 - it gives the players the illusion of something to do.

Seriously - you get to 50 - you have 5 Tier 1 dungeons - then 5 Tier 2 dungeons. You have a few weekly raids.

It's a smart move for Trion to improve warfront quality all around.

Plane Touched

Edit: nvm...
    Last edited by Playahr; 04-21-2011 at 05:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristoph View Post
    I think everyone already stopped expecting Trion to be even remotely competent when it comes to PvP balance.

Telaran

That's an excellent point

Unfortunately never tried DAOC, but at least got the chance to enjoy Shadowbane (despite the lag). Caps on prestige wouldn't even be necessary as the xp gain alone will force someone to 50. Many pvp players don't want to burn grind instances for t1 or t2 gear. I'd much rather grind warfronts anyday.

I agree completely.

I level quite a bit through warfronts, so it's not true that they equal staying at low levels (xp in warfronts isn't bad). It helps leveling with better gear, not to mention warfronts. I like warfronts at all levels, and it's a nice change from the pyromancer 50 nightmare, or premades being outgeared. At least in lower than 50 warfronts people are much more even gearwise, and is never quite the one-sided slaughter I experience in 50 depending on which side has more mages & gear.

It's a smart move for Trion to improve warfront quality all around.

I expect at some point they'll probably implement an /xpoff command, which would in turn require capping prestige for each level bracket (it's why they did it in daoc). I know personally I like the 40-49 bracket a lot and would probably halt a char there for a while if I could. having twinked out prestige rank 6 chars at 19 would be kinda silly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast