+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Purge much?

Rift Disciple

Default Purge much?

It seems to me that the most powerful PvP tool in this game is the ability to purge buffs.

Which class can purge the most buffs the quickest and repeatably?

11 point vk- spell sunder- 3 buffs every 15 sec.s usually takes buffs from the end first then works it's way up.
    Last edited by Shuguard; 04-21-2011 at 10:55 AM.

Champion of Telara

Not in a million years is purge powerful enough with the CD on purges/the souls that have them.
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

Prophet of Telara

Maybe if you're out in the world soloing someone purge might make a difference but really it's just a shot in the dark. I have managed to purge a mage once though, was like winning the lottery.

Spell Sunder is the most important part of my spec.

Not only is it an "I win" button against most pyros (unless there's a bard around), but you'd be amazed how many people don't even notice their buffs getting stripped. Plus it's got a 35m range.
    Noco@Wolfsbane

• Not listed in this thread:

Mage:
    • 6 points Necromancer can purge off 1 buff every 5 seconds with Consumption.

Cleric:
    • 10 points Inquisitor can purge off 2 buffs every 10 seconds with Purge.
    • 32 points Cabalist can purge off 3 buffs every 45 seconds with Sigil of Woe/Obliterate w/ 3-stack of Lurking Decay.
    • 51 points Cabalist can purge off 6 buffs every 45 seconds with Sign of Asias/Sigil of Woe/Obliterate w/ 3-stack of Lurking Decay, then 2xTyranny as Sign of Asias wears off, then one last Tyranny as it finally removes Sigil of Woe.
    Last edited by Grep; 04-21-2011 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Fixed 51 point Cabalist explanation.
    Grep@Lotham <Toilet>

Plane Touched SoulreaverTulshar's Avatar

they are good but not as good as you make them sounds in fact in the time i use consumption by the time its up 3 new buffs are applied. I works in chaos when players don't pay attention and i can pluck them off when assisting but 1v2 or something like that they always have them on again before it refreshes to land another. at level 45 i only get 150 mana back as well so still not very out of balance at all Imo. thats for mages tho i cant speak for other callings.
    He glided through the noonday sunshine's oppressive heat, moving as if always cloaked in shadows, though the
    place had few, and as if even the ever-present dust could not touch him.
    Soulreaver Tulshar"d"Oloth
    deth ulu jal lu'thalra Haruk http://Doom-clan.guildlaunch.com/
    http://launchpad.guildlaunch.com/rec...g/gl/index.php
    http://www.guildlaunch.com

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by -Swag- View Post
    Spell Sunder is the most important part of my spec.

Not only is it an "I win" button against most pyros (unless there's a bard around), but you'd be amazed how many people don't even notice their buffs getting stripped. Plus it's got a 35m range.
    Well, they might notice, but who is going to waste 3 1.5 second cooldowns (if they are instant) to put them back up. But yes...some classes (like chloro or justicar) are *completely* crushed by having their buffs stripped.

26 pts in Archon - adds Purging Flames to Cleansing Flames. Default is a 2s cast to AoE purge 1 buff from up to 10 people in the targeted area. Think it usually runs 1.6-1.8s. You can LoS targets while still targeting the area they are in...can be fun.

Rogues have 1 purge removing 1 buff every 30sec, pvp tree rank 3, 30m range.
    alpha changes have marks with a 44pt purge removing 2 buffs 20 energy no cooldown, would be very nice if it came to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuguard View Post
    11 point vk- spell sunder- 3 buffs every 15 sec.s usually takes buffs from the end first then works it's way up.
    it also remove your debuff too. pls fix this trion.

Quote Originally Posted by Saboth View Post
    Well, they might notice, but who is going to waste 3 1.5 second cooldowns (if they are instant) to put them back up. But yes...some classes (like chloro or justicar) are *completely* crushed by having their buffs stripped.
    Ya, I'm surprised at how little I've faced this (playing both those classes among others).

It's one of the dangers of getting attached to macros and not mentally switching to PvP mode and thinking about what skills to use. Any time I get that "clerics are unkillable" mentality on my warrior, I realize I'm not draining mana, stripping buffs, timing my silence / stuns, etc.

+ Reply to Thread