+ Reply to Thread

Thread: World PVP Quests

Default World PVP Quests

Can we get some open world repeatable pvp quests? kill 50, kill 100 whatever...

Dont like the wf zergfests so i spend most of my time running around doing world pvp. Would be nice if we could get some quests that have to do with world pvp and dont update off of wf zerg kills.

Maybe throw in some coin rewards for them so us that like to pvp on pvp servers can collect some coin while we slay people.

And no, the one guild weekly quest kill 50 players that updates from wf kills is not what im asking for, even though that is the closest thing we have to an actual pvp kill quest.

Thoughts?

Plane Touched

Been posted alot of times. IMO it should be a 25/50 repeatable quest for 50g and some favor/prestige.

But then there would be more PvPing... can't have that.
    Famaji - 50 Rogue
    Famage - 40 Mage
    The reason you have 4 souls is to provide negative feedback on all 4 at once, rather than focusing an educated feedback on 1.

Wink

Indeed they need to shell out a world pvp RVR objective type of zone to get lvl 50s smashing there face in.

this is completely out of my *** right now but how about...
    Alsbeth fortress( temporary rvr type band-aid)

-open zone with 6 points of interest (only need to capture 3 to open fortress capture) and 1 main fortress (main objective)

-Zones gives daily quest of kill X players, Take X points, Capture fortress etc.

-In this area only killing players will give u "blood money" or loot from dead players that can be used as currency for vendors here

-Being Alsbeth fortress, the point of interest can be weapon smith, war camp etc, with there own mini boss, downing mini boss grants capture + Zone currency.

-The main attraction would be the fortress with the 3 lvls to them (think WAR fortress type of set up) with a Minni boss in each lvl (add some kinda dynamic to the last boss)

- yay captured the fortress, now what? well Alsbeth won't be too happy and so opens the last reset button to the zone, which is a raid rift and the countdown starts. last objective it to hold out this rift invasion till your factions champions shows up to kick ***. this will not be easy as time gets closer to 0 the mobs will get seriously twisted :P(think SC2 hold area). at end you champ comes kicks some *** and your faction gains Buff and your raid gains loot.

- now will there be a reset? or timer? or do u keep it until the other faction comes? idk. thats kinda of a toss up and my lunch breaks almost over. what u guys think?... might need its own thread lol
    Last edited by Zombieking; 04-21-2011 at 11:26 AM.

Plane Touched

Don't even go into all that, just think about what they can do with 1 quest.

- Kill 25 players that would net prestige in X zone.
    Reward: 50 gold, 500 favor/prestige.

If it was seen being abused may have to up the number or make it just a daily, but having that quest in every contested zone would definitely motivate alot of people to get out there and PvP.

However Trion will just add more guards and anti pvp incentives to their already aggressively NPC packed zones, discouraging any PvP and forcing players into warfronts that are wearing peoples patience with small pvp mechanic exploits.
    Famaji - 50 Rogue
    Famage - 40 Mage
    The reason you have 4 souls is to provide negative feedback on all 4 at once, rather than focusing an educated feedback on 1.

I dont really want anything crazy or hard to impliment like a new rvr zone. that takes alot of time and work on thier part, so we wont see anything like that for awhile....if they even decide to make it.

I want something that can be added in quick and easy like a simple kill quest that rewards money and favour...that can be done more then once a week. Then if they actually want to build on that give us rewards and gear that is purchased through open world kills not the wf crap. Then people who like wf can wf and people who hate wf and actually like to pvp can raise thier ranks in open world. but wf zerging is not pvp and having that be the only way to raise faction and purchase pvp gear to me is poor planning.

I dont really see how it can be exploited worse then the wf tactics that go on now...wf you can go in ae the sh** out of everything...not make a dent on the outcome of the fight and farm your favour. at least in open world you either win(kill the guy) or lose(die). Seems like less to code in to me. Of course they will have to then decide how they want to grant us favour for those kills (1v1 full credit, 2vs1 50% favour, 3v1, group vs 1....ect.

that will take some time to figure out, no doubt, but they could give us a kill quest with coin and faction gain easily to hold us over until they figure out if they really want open world pvp going on or if they want to dump us in wf and forget about it.

i thought this game would have solid world pvp based on what the devs were saying pre launch...im starting to think diff...seems like an afterthought now with the flip flopping they are doing on the pvp issues....

Rift Disciple

Hmm, aren't there already Guild quests that are just this...kill 100 xxxx faction players. I also remember quests in Scarwood on both sides that want you to kill XX of the opposing side. The personal quests I dont know the rewards, but the quests are there already. Thought i even seen some in Iron Pine and Highlands.

Oh and the guild one is nice and easy if you get your guildies all together for a couple of hours and go out looking for trouble.
    Last edited by Kedd; 04-22-2011 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedd View Post
    Hmm, aren't there already Guild quests that are just this...kill 100 xxxx faction players. I also remember quests in Scarwood on both sides that want you to kill XX of the opposing side. The personal quests I dont know the rewards, but the quests are there already. Thought i even seen some in Iron Pine and Highlands.

Oh and the guild one is nice and easy if you get your guildies all together for a couple of hours and go out looking for trouble.

yeah like i said in the original post, the weekly quest for 50 people is NOT what im asking for.....the kills count in wf and i can complete that quest in 1 wf usually and then im done with it for a week.

People want rewards for WORLD PVP
    Last edited by Lung; 04-22-2011 at 07:40 AM.

+ Reply to Thread