+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Physical Damage is gimp

Default Physical Damage is gimp

Yes or No? Site personal experiences to prove your point

well, lets say that in PvP it is probably the most easily mitigated damage.
    Last edited by Atreiu; 04-21-2011 at 10:11 AM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Magnos View Post
    Yes or No? Site personal experiences to prove your point
    Spec so it isn't your only type of damage
    Famaji - 50 Rogue
    Famage - 40 Mage
    The reason you have 4 souls is to provide negative feedback on all 4 at once, rather than focusing an educated feedback on 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Famaji View Post
    Spec so it isn't your only type of damage
    Well I happen to like using two handers on my warrior, the only problem is riftblade doesn't do much for two hander champs, not much at all really. Got any builds that will make that not suck?
    Last edited by Magnos; 04-21-2011 at 10:15 AM.

Plane Touched

Well I happen to like using two handers on my warrior, the only problem is riftblade doesn't do much for two hander champs, not much at all really. Got any builds that will make that not suck?
    Not intimately familiar with warriors. But as I understand it Riftblade is much more versatile at pvp atm.

If you won't give up your 2h spec you may be stuck here sir.
    Famaji - 50 Rogue
    Famage - 40 Mage
    The reason you have 4 souls is to provide negative feedback on all 4 at once, rather than focusing an educated feedback on 1.

Sez

Not intimately familiar with warriors.
    Would you like to be?
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Not intimately familiar with warriors. But as I understand it Riftblade is much more versatile at pvp atm.

If you won't give up your 2h spec you may be stuck here sir.
    So it would seem, I was hoping someone could come along and show my theres a way to do it. Personally I've tried so many builds and found them all lackluster. Probably burnt 20+ Platinum on this purpose alone these last couple weeks.

Plane Touched

So it would seem, I was hoping someone could come along and show my theres a way to do it. Personally I've tried so many builds and found them all lackluster. Probably burnt 20+ Platinum on this purpose alone these last couple weeks.
    That or target low armor people and just avoid shields/plate. Can still be fairly effective ;)
    Famaji - 50 Rogue
    Famage - 40 Mage

Yes physical damage is gimped. Unless you have godly gear you'll be swinging that two-hander like it's a fly swatter. It's lame, really lame. Even softies (mages primarily) sit there and laugh if you're mostly physical specced damage. Then again, that's probably why I haven't logged onto the game in about three days. Sick of being forced to conform just to compete in pvp. Out of all the souls available for warrior (or rogue for that matter) one, which is non-physical damage, is the soul you see the most. Riftblade and Nightblade. Sad really.
    It's dangerous to try and reason with delusional people.

<Thorgorad> <Draconian Acolytes> Harrow

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Would you like to be?
    Yes, I'll dissect the next one I come across
    Famaji - 50 Rogue
    Famage - 40 Mage

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Velico View Post
    Yes physical damage is gimped. Unless you have godly gear you'll be swinging that two-hander like it's a fly swatter. It's lame, really lame. Even softies (mages primarily) sit there and laugh if you're mostly physical specced damage. Then again, that's probably why I haven't logged onto the game in about three days. Sick of being forced to conform just to compete in pvp. Out of all the souls available for warrior (or rogue for that matter) one, which is non-physical damage, is the soul you see the most. Riftblade and Nightblade. Sad really.
    With Valor coming in hard and maybe resistance gear/runes you may see spell damage taking a nice hit soon too. But physical damage is always a hassle to work around.
    Famaji - 50 Rogue
    Famage - 40 Mage

That or target low armor people and just avoid shields/plate. Can still be fairly effective ;)
    Thats what Ive been doing. Last night I went through port scions switching targets that I could Bladefury crit on over 700 damage. I may have found one guy, but for the rest of the game I was useless, I basically had to wait for someone to come by and help me kill my targets. I got the rank 4 2H Weapon btw, doesn't really do jack.

With Valor coming in hard and maybe resistance gear/runes you may see spell damage taking a nice hit soon too. But physical damage is always a hassle to work around.
    Unless they boost Physical damage with Valor, Champ builds in PvP are going to be a thing of the past. At that point I'll have some choices to make

No, magical mitigation is gimp.
    Mage - steel cannon
    Rogue - tin pistol
    Warrior - glass machine gun
    Cleric - adamantium machine gun

Rift Disciple

magical damage > physical damage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast