+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31

Thread: Physical Damage is gimp

  1. #16
    Ascendant Delphya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnos View Post
    Yes or No? Site personal experiences to prove your point
    When I hear "CHOMP" from a axe, sword or pole-arm my health normally either diminishes immensely or disappears altogether.

    I find being on the receiving end of physical damage to be unpleasant.
    I don't like mean people, rude people and people who are not nice.

    Herp Derp : 1. An expression used when you yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey. 2. A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are. *Dictionary definition

  2. #17
    Ascendant VirusDancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    It varies. There are people that hit for less than a Nec pet - and I suppose those are the folks that complain. Then there are those that are like an old *** junkie that just received his Ginsu knives in the mail. You usually know they are there when you are stunned, silenced, and then dead. So yeah, it varies.

  3. #18
    Sword of Telara Krazybojangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krilly View Post
    No, magical mitigation is gimp.
    Learn to use your broken non DRing silences and interrupts. You can't add magic mitigations until you neuter rogue and warrior CC which doesn't DR right if at all. Maybe you should learn to spec and play because ONE warrior can and will shut down any class with a blue bar and kill it with no recourse. Rogues are pretty similar if they know how to spec but too many think they can just burst everyone down. Good rogues are deadly against most classes and have some stupid control over their opponents.

    But don't worry the supposed best CC soul(Dom) keeps getting nerfed and non pyro souls won't be looked at because Pyro is stupid broken.
    "Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."
    Albert Einstein
    Ovgan<FUN> Sunrest

  4. #19
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnos View Post
    Yes or No? Site personal experiences to prove your point
    It is gimped. I can give you a couple examples of when i was literally fighting tooth and nail againts a healer/caster of some sort, heart pumping, spamming silence,stun,root (yes i know root is useless but i was desperate as hell)

    3 attack point guaranteed crits from my abilties, nothing. theres my example. and this was with a fleshreaper and 5 pieces of pvp gear.
    Last edited by Aisar; 04-21-2011 at 01:29 PM.
    Twelve year MMO vet with roots in EQ1
    Legionnaire Aisar, Master Weaponsmith
    "Lol so basicly you are saying that one of the only servers worth playing on cannot handle the ridiculous amount of people rerolling from all the other fail servers. this is golden."

  5. #20
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krilly View Post
    No, magical mitigation is gimp.
    Yep, they took a page out of WoWs book on this one. Every other game I can think of allows you to build up magical mitigation almost as high as phys.

  6. #21
    Ascendant exLupo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Supra99 View Post
    magical damage > physical damage
    Magical mitigation options < Physical mitigation options.

    It isn't that physical sucks, it's just that the alternative has very few barriers to your soft, white, belly flesh.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

  7. #22
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Champion Warriors desperately need armor penetration to start making up some of the ground they have lost.

    IMO the things that really need to happen in order to make champions viable again are:

    Increased armor penetration (rogues can get 30%from talents...we get 5% for non finishers...)

    Remove SLI or move it deep paragon and buff all base damage for champions. It ruins the play style having to keep SLI up all the time.

  8. #23
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    297

    Default

    if they made higher resistance runes or AUGMENTS (Wait, don't support the economy!)

    People would take alot more interest in tryin gto get 20-30% magic res as physical everyone gets an automatic 15%-40% depending on your armor.

    They could also work resistances into defensive souls more, (increase all resistances by 10/20/30) or something.

    Right now basically the only option is source sockets and the high res epics take weeks to acquire. Lame.
    Famaji - 50 Rogue
    Famage - 40 Mage
    The reason you have 4 souls is to provide negative feedback on all 4 at once, rather than focusing an educated feedback on 1.

  9. #24
    Prophet of Telara krilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krazybojangles View Post
    Learn to use your broken non DRing silences and interrupts. You can't add magic mitigations until you neuter rogue and warrior CC which doesn't DR right if at all. Maybe you should learn to spec and play because ONE warrior can and will shut down any class with a blue bar and kill it with no recourse. Rogues are pretty similar if they know how to spec but too many think they can just burst everyone down. Good rogues are deadly against most classes and have some stupid control over their opponents.

    But don't worry the supposed best CC soul(Dom) keeps getting nerfed and non pyro souls won't be looked at because Pyro is stupid broken.
    LOL

    Lots of souls have passive physical mitigation, also 4 stats work against it, armour, block, dodge and parry.

    Magic or magic effects on weapon attacks, err resists.

    Also how do you cc a pyro?

    Warriors and rogues are currently pigeon holed into elemental dps as either rb it nb (ok rogue can also bard)
    Mage - steel cannon
    Rogue - tin pistol
    Warrior - glass machine gun
    Cleric - adamantium machine gun

  10. #25
    Prophet of Telara krilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,105

    Default

    Resistance isn't the answer
    Rift needs a disrupt stat (magic parry)
    Mage - steel cannon
    Rogue - tin pistol
    Warrior - glass machine gun
    Cleric - adamantium machine gun

  11. #26
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krilly View Post
    Resistance isn't the answer
    Rift needs a disrupt stat (magic parry)
    It is already included in basic magic resistances. They just need to scale better with gear like armor does.
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

  12. #27
    Prophet of Telara krilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
    Yep, they took a page out of WoWs book on this one. Every other game I can think of allows you to build up magical mitigation almost as high as phys.
    entire pvp setup, from solo orientation, stuck in instances, grind battlegrounds for gear, who makes best macros, melee "skill" is jump in a fig 8 like a crackhead with a rat up his ***, ranged skill is keep distance then jump turn cast, fotm builds, separate "pvp" stats, etc.. is a carbon copy of wows uber uber **** pvp
    Mage - steel cannon
    Rogue - tin pistol
    Warrior - glass machine gun
    Cleric - adamantium machine gun

  13. #28
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delphya View Post
    When I hear "CHOMP" from a axe, sword or pole-arm my health normally either diminishes immensely or disappears altogether.

    I find being on the receiving end of physical damage to be unpleasant.
    you'll find magical damage to be even more immensely unpleasant in that case

  14. #29
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krazybojangles View Post
    Learn to use your broken non DRing silences and interrupts. You can't add magic mitigations until you neuter rogue and warrior CC which doesn't DR right if at all. Maybe you should learn to spec and play because ONE warrior can and will shut down any class with a blue bar and kill it with no recourse. Rogues are pretty similar if they know how to spec but too many think they can just burst everyone down. Good rogues are deadly against most classes and have some stupid control over their opponents.

    But don't worry the supposed best CC soul(Dom) keeps getting nerfed and non pyro souls won't be looked at because Pyro is stupid broken.
    then they need to neuter mages cc also, its not like warriors and rogues are the only class with cc

  15. #30
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Velico View Post
    Yes physical damage is gimped. Unless you have godly gear you'll be swinging that two-hander like it's a fly swatter. It's lame, really lame. Even softies (mages primarily) sit there and laugh if you're mostly physical specced damage. Then again, that's probably why I haven't logged onto the game in about three days. Sick of being forced to conform just to compete in pvp. Out of all the souls available for warrior (or rogue for that matter) one, which is non-physical damage, is the soul you see the most. Riftblade and Nightblade. Sad really.
    This.

    If you want to be competitive in pvp you are forced to be Nightblade or Riftblade. Everything else you are gimping yourself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts