+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How favor mechanics work!

Champion of Telara

Default How favor mechanics work!

Here's the mystery solved for the people making outrageous threads:

Being in range for kills=favor. Everyone in range gets the same amount of favor.

Contrary to what some people think as well, healers ARE in range for favor from kills. Pretty much being in render range will get you favor. Being dead or being very far out of range (VERY far) won't.

Please stop with the ridiculous whining now.
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

Quote Originally Posted by faction View Post

Being in range for kills=favor. Everyone in range gets the same amount of favor.

Contrary to what some people think as well, healers ARE in range for favor from kills. Pretty much being in render range will get you favor. Being dead or being very far out of range (VERY far) won't.

You are wrong... Being a Mage I'm usually not in range and I get 1st-3rd in Favor all the time. Contribution def. has a play here, I'm usually top damage dealer/kill-blows.
    Last edited by Davador; 04-21-2011 at 09:53 AM.

Telaran

That's how it's supposed to work but how do you explain a healer that doesn't have any deaths and with the main group the entire match and yet gets 1000 less favor than everybody else? There is something else.

Sword of Telara

You are wrong... Being a Mage I'm usually not in range and I get 1st-3rd in Favor all the time. Contribution def. has a play here, I'm usually top damage dealer/kill-blows.
    No he's right, you're just not thinking it out all the way.

You're the source of the kills that are generating favor. If people aren't near you they don't get favor. This is how when you lead the board in kills you ALWAYS have the most favor.

When you lead in KB, those that aren't around when you get your kbs in don't get the favor from it.

Don't call him wrong just because you're right, you're both right!
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." -Sir Winston Churchill

And as always "Death to the Fascists! Death to the Guardians!" -Liper

Sword of Telara

main group the entire match and yet gets 1000 less favor than everybody else?
    Because the healer maybe in range of the whole group, but not all the kills. Meanwhile if you have let's say a sneaky rogue who stays in range of all the kills (and causes a few just out of range like say behind the lines, he'll still be in range of others kills but those behind his lines will be out of range. This is how you can see those with low KB with high kill numbers)
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." -Sir Winston Churchill

And as always "Death to the Fascists! Death to the Guardians!" -Liper

Quote Originally Posted by Liper View Post
    No he's right, you're just not thinking it out all the way.

You're the source of the kills that are generating favor. If people aren't near you they don't get favor. This is how when you lead the board in kills you ALWAYS have the most favor.

When you lead in KB, those that aren't around when you get your kbs in don't get the favor from it.

Don't call him wrong just because you're right, you're both right!
    Ahhh that makes more sense! hmm interesting, in that case it does make sense for favor to be MORE contribution based factor rather than fixed around the point of contributor.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sin000 View Post
    That's how it's supposed to work but how do you explain a healer that doesn't have any deaths and with the main group the entire match and yet gets 1000 less favor than everybody else? There is something else.
    You not with the main group, rofl. There is nothing else.

Prophet of Telara

You not with the main group, rofl. There is nothing else.
    If it's a raid groups shouldn't count right? It's definitely related to kills but there's some other ****ed up math in there too.

Champion of Telara

No there is not, it's literally only kills.

Prophet of Telara

No there is not, it's literally only kills.
    I haven't reached that level of confidence yet. I've seen too much of a variance in the numbers to assume there's only one mechanic at work in the math.

Telaran

I'd truly love to hear how you came up with this hilarious assumption? On my healer in warfronts, I'm always in the thick of it, for one I like to use my aoe heals as well as knockbacks and de-buffs etc...I cream it out #1 in heals majority of the time and ALWAYS come in last in favor on my team or second to last if we have a afker on our team.

Your imaginative thoughts on WHAT the game should be doing for favor and how it actually works are two entirely seperate things. I would specify.

Plane Touched SoulreaverTulshar's Avatar

umm if this were tru then why do bots sit at spwan in codex that are not in render range getting xp and favor ? lol sorry your not right. not to mention there is diminishing returns on repetitive killing of the same player from the same killer. for some many mins then resets as far as i can tell. so its not always the same favor every time some one is killed hence the reason some times you get 12 15 20 some times low as 5 favor a kill becasue you have killed them so many times in the short time period.
    He glided through the noonday sunshine's oppressive heat, moving as if always cloaked in shadows, though the
    place had few, and as if even the ever-present dust could not touch him.
    Soulreaver Tulshar"d"Oloth
    deth ulu jal lu'thalra Haruk http://Doom-clan.guildlaunch.com/
    http://launchpad.guildlaunch.com/rec...g/gl/index.php
    http://www.guildlaunch.com

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsfar View Post
    I'd truly love to hear how you came up with this hilarious assumption? On my healer in warfronts, I'm always in the thick of it, for one I like to use my aoe heals as well as knockbacks and de-buffs etc...I cream it out #1 in heals majority of the time and ALWAYS come in last in favor on my team or second to last if we have a afker on our team.

Your imaginative thoughts on WHAT the game should be doing for favor and how it actually works are two entirely seperate things. I would specify.
    You're dead because you're an idiot in melee range.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by SoulreaverTulshar View Post
    umm if this were tru then why do bots sit at spwan in codex that are not in render range getting xp and favor ? lol sorry your not right. not to mention there is diminishing returns on repetitive killing of the same player from the same killer. for some many mins then resets as far as i can tell. so its not always the same favor every time some one is killed hence the reason some times you get 12 15 20 some times low as 5 favor a kill becasue you have killed them so many times in the short time period.
    Bots don't get xp and favor in spawn unless the kills are right under the spawn. YOU'RE WRONG.

Telaran

You're dead because you're an idiot in melee range.

WTF are you talking about? Your truly the moron! First you read about a subject on this matter in a different thread, then come here and make your own cause you would be shamefully laughed out of the other topic thread of this nature with your idiotic thoughts on how PvP favor is given out in Warfronts. Your obviously thee "Idiot" with no bearing to back your dumbfounded opinion on a game mechanic you don't even have the slighest clue about. BTW I can wager you never even played a Cleric or a bard! So your wild guesses on game mechanics falls on deaf ears.

Next time you want to open a topic on something you might want to actually test it out first before taking wild shots in the dark on something you obviously don't know what the hell your talking about!

-Cheers *******

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast