+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 40% more favor? Objectives count for that much?

Rift Disciple

Default 40% more favor? Objectives count for that much?

I just had a Scion match where I ended up getting 2800 favor and the next highest was 2000. Usually, I'm up their fairly high but this was the biggest disparity I've ever seen. I had a couple of tells asking what I was doing and it was nothing really different then I usually do, other than being a little more successful with the objectives. Can objectives really account for a 40% increase though? My heals, damage and kbs were mediocre (placed 6th to 8th for each), however I was able to capture the bridge twice, turn in 4 stones and kill 2 defiant stone carriers.

Has anyone else seen a big increase in favor for doing objectives in wfs?

Plane Touched

If anything doing objectives usually ends up getting you LESS favor. My guess is you were just there from beginning to end, and didn't die much so you were always in range of the killfest that is the bridge. If you saved a screenshot, check your kills vs the next highest favor gainer's kills.

Rift Disciple

I actually agree with the above ^ doing objectives nets you less favor in most cases, assuming you're going to win anyways.

The only one I have a problem with is that the black garden flag is a guaranteed death sentence. "Hey there, I see you're trying to win, so have 30 seconds of having no favor, while gaining no extra favor for taking the risk to help your team win. That guy just spamming aoe arrows and doing piddly damage next to you is going to get more favor than you."

I have never had any indication that objectives reward you for anything at all. I am really tempted to just say that the only thing that matters is kills. I'm just not quite willing to think that Trion made such a STUPID decision.

The best answer is you died the least and/or spent the most time where the heavy battles were happening. Typically, doing objectives takes you away from the kill farming, which is why people like the fang holder and flag carriers typically get the least favor.

Rift Disciple

To be honest I've never had that much of a difference between my favor and anyone elses unless one of us had been in longer. However, I have noticed that when I focus on objectives and not on killing as many people as possible and getting the highest kills, killing blows, and damage done that I consistently rank in the top 1-3 favor earned on my side. Th thing is though when I do this it seems to be more correlation than causation because the people with the highest favor earned seem to have the most over all kills and the fewest amount of death which I see as the cause.

Objectives count for nothing and trying to achieve them will often decrease your favor compared to others because it can take you away from the action. Sad but true. So you must have been doing something else, like being close to the action and not dying.

If you see some correlation between objectives and favor gain, it's only because your side is probably winning anyway and you've been active throughout.

The fact that playing a warfront as intended often nets you less favor overall just shows how moronic and poorly designed the current warfront system is. It seems to have been thrown together in the most lazy way possible just so they can put the word "PvP" on the box.

I've noticed the the people with really high favor in PS always seem to have more NPC kills.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Brioche View Post
    I actually agree with the above ^ doing objectives nets you less favor in most cases, assuming you're going to win anyways.

The only one I have a problem with is that the black garden flag is a guaranteed death sentence. "Hey there, I see you're trying to win, so have 30 seconds of having no favor, while gaining no extra favor for taking the risk to help your team win. That guy just spamming aoe arrows and doing piddly damage next to you is going to get more favor than you."
    ROFL at the sig, Brioche

Quote Originally Posted by Nate2322 View Post
    ROFL at the sig, Brioche
    Brioche get some equip a couple of pvp ranks and go from free kill to walking god.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

damn 5 min rule... anyway Yeah I agree with the others, doing objectives has usually yelded me lower Favor then standing near the zergfest. I usually go to solo kill carriers, I managed to kill like 10-15carriers in some matches and then I noticed I had WAY WAY less Favor then people mindlessy-zerging at the bridge or nearby.
    Last edited by Atreiu; 04-21-2011 at 06:39 PM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Rift Disciple

I have seen some people in Scion with 1k more points than anyone else and they didn't ahve more kills, KB, do objective, etc.

I can't figure it out.

In many games you get more favor being at the bottom of the level tier. Not sure if that's the case here.

e.g. the game rewards you for killing a level 39 as a 31 despite the fact you're boosted.

+ Reply to Thread