+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Uneven Teams

Soulwalker

Default Uneven Teams

Sorry if this has been addressed, I may not have looked far enough back. I just started playing in the Warfronts, and BG teams don't seem to match well. Last night I was in a team of five, and the other team only had two. How does that happen? They gave up, bolted early. Can't say I blame them. The night before it was the opposite. My team had four, and theirs had eight. We got owned, but everyone stayed until the end. Didn't take to long for the other team to get 500 though. I can maybe see a team of four getting in, but two? I thought the matches were supposed to be 5-10.

Soulwalker

I am not postive but I think the matching go along the line of how many people recieved the WF que. If they don't take the que you still might be down that person.
    Ketea-Bard-Freehome

i think this generally happens when people queue up and then don't take the queue when it pops, then either there aren't enough to fill the gaps once the game starts or games in progress are lower on priority list than new games. but yea, seems to happen often during the off hours when people are more likely having longer queue times and they step away after being in queue for 10 mins and miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by VanPanzer View Post
    Sorry if this has been addressed, I may not have looked far enough back. I just started playing in the Warfronts, and BG teams don't seem to match well. Last night I was in a team of five, and the other team only had two. How does that happen? They gave up, bolted early. Can't say I blame them. The night before it was the opposite. My team had four, and theirs had eight. We got owned, but everyone stayed until the end. Didn't take to long for the other team to get 500 though. I can maybe see a team of four getting in, but two? I thought the matches were supposed to be 5-10.
    The que opens up the first 5 slots for each side. Once those 5 are filled on both sides it opens up slots 6-10 for each side. It could be 1-5 or 10-5/6 it just will never be 10-1.
    The best End Game is always player created and never dev scripted

Soulwalker

Same battle group as Shivermere

Yeah I was the warrior that ran around anticlockwise capping the minors, and then ran into the five of you at codex and got it handed to me

We didn't quit though, just after I died it just came up with the "defiant's win" message and ended.

I submitted a bug, as I'm pretty sure it was one, I've never seen a wf start with only 2 before, I was a bit surprised.

Soulwalker

OK so there is a chance of 1-5? So what is the etiquette? Just sit there and let the five get to 500? I want to play in the warfronts, but that doesn't sound right. I am being serious. I'm trying to find out how PVP works.

Soulwalker

Personally, I wasn't bothered with it at all, my plan was this:

The teams will even out in the next few minutes, usually do, may have even got a pre-made 5 dropped in for us.

So, I was trying to work out distract and cap techniques, I already had ours and the vault (I assume you ran back over to yours and stopped my cap there?), then wait for the reinforcements.

It was nice to start a WF that wasn't the same stuff, I was really hoping it would be 2 vs 2, that would have been a whole new game.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by BurningSun View Post
    Personally, I wasn't bothered with it at all, my plan was this:

The teams will even out in the next few minutes, usually do, may have even got a pre-made 5 dropped in for us.

So, I was trying to work out distract and cap techniques, I already had ours and the vault (I assume you ran back over to yours and stopped my cap there?), then wait for the reinforcements.

It was nice to start a WF that wasn't the same stuff, I was really hoping it would be 2 vs 2, that would have been a whole new game.
    2 vs 2 would have been cool. I saw in the forums people asking for more and different warfronts. Right now since I only have the one available, it's a good learning ground. I jumped in starting at level 10. I'm watching the other players to see how to play it. I just don't feel like I'm learning anything when the teams are so uneven. More from the point when the other team is understaffed. When I was on the short team, someone spoke up and said "lets do this strategy". We didn't win, but the other team had to earn it.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by VanPanzer View Post
    2 vs 2 would have been cool. I saw in the forums people asking for more and different warfronts. Right now since I only have the one available, it's a good learning ground. I jumped in starting at level 10. I'm watching the other players to see how to play it. I just don't feel like I'm learning anything when the teams are so uneven. More from the point when the other team is understaffed. When I was on the short team, someone spoke up and said "lets do this strategy". We didn't win, but the other team had to earn it.
    Those 10-19 unbalance teams DRIVES MEH CRAZZZY TOO

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinoplat View Post
    The que opens up the first 5 slots for each side. Once those 5 are filled on both sides it opens up slots 6-10 for each side. It could be 1-5 or 10-5/6 it just will never be 10-1.
    No, then wouldn't it only be: 1-4 vs. 1-4; or 5-10 vs. 5-10? If his claim of 4 vs. 8 is right then they do not use your suggested system.

+ Reply to Thread