+ Reply to Thread

Thread: alternate soul leveling idea (pvp)

Rift Disciple

Default alternate soul leveling idea (pvp)

here is my idea, i would like some feedback on it

while leveling from 1 to 50 nothing changes, but you are no longer able to buy the pvp soul, once you hit 50 you get a new exp bar this exp bar is your pvp level, it will be hard to level, the first level will allow you to gain a 4th active soul, this soul will be the pvp soul new levels will grant you points to spend in this soul.

with this idea, trion will be able to tweak and add new pvp skills, this also gives a reason to open pvp, because open pvp will grant more exp, as would attacking quest hub wardstones, defending wardstones would also grant exp, you only gain exp from level 50 player kills, and only quest hubs from levels 40 to 50.
    i7 2600k @5.6 1.45v load line extreme
    p8pdelux phase exetreme
    crucial SSD 355 mbs read 70/write
    samsung 2tb hdd
    2x Hd5970 toxic 1000/1200 (only 2 gpu in use for rift)
    8gb ddr3 corsair vengance
    win7 64bit

Telaran

It could be interesting, but i would have to suggest that the PvP soul is only active in warfronts/world pvp etc so trion wont have to rebalance the PvE content (yes i realise that almost an entirity of the pvp soul is useless in PvE but better to not force PvE'ers to PvP).

Tbh i already thought attacking quest hub wardstones already granted favour/prestige?

Soulwalker

Well you already get levels after hitting 50 (well Ranks) for PvP.

The suggestion isn't a new one. I would also appreciate additional points for the pvp instead of having to use your normal points. Usually you are better off not to spend any point in PvP soul.

Rift Disciple

while leveling from 1 to 50 nothing changes, but you are no longer able to buy the pvp soul, once you hit 50 you get a new exp bar this exp bar is your pvp level, it will be hard to level, the first level will allow you to gain a 4th active soul, this soul will be the pvp soul new levels will grant you points to spend in this soul.
    And remove warfronts, promote outdoor PvP in specific zones where you also can struggle for zone control, PvEish events and epic battles... wait, isnt that Dark Age of something? Where do I push for lifetime sub?

Rift Disciple

dark age of camelot was so freaking awesome that i actually morned its passing... its still running today but not enough players, i mean how can such a perfect pvp game not be copied, game devs can be so ******ed.

daoc had:

a PvE world cut off from the PvP world by way of realm keep walls, you could only open end raid dungrons by taking control of keeps, you could also take control of relics that buffed your realm these were in epic keeps, a relic raid was a huge event, 3 armys always met on the battlefield(relic raids were epic)

The pvp world was vast, it also had mobs, siege warfar was epic, you could move the weapons and aim at parts of keep walls to poke holes in them, you could even knock down towers.
    Stealthers were able to climb keep walls and gank or spy within, old frontir was better imho the map was better layed out.

the battlegrounds were a persistant battleground open 24/4 where you had to take over keeps, taking these keeps also buffed the realm if you held them all in each tir(i think, been a long while since i played) best battlegrounds i have ever seen in any mmo.

tons of other stuff that made the game the best ever pvp mmo ever made, but me telling you will only make you cry.
    p8pdelux phase exetreme
    samsung 2tb hdd
    win7 64bit

Rift Disciple

It also had one of the worste graphic engine (cheers for keeping that one for WAR!) and terrible players/dev communication.

But yeah, I just wonder why on earth no descent game copied at least the good things. Now its battlegrounds, arenas and **** all over the place.

/cry with you bro
    Last edited by innocent51; 04-21-2011 at 03:03 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by innocent51 View Post
    It also had one of the worste graphic engine (cheers for keeping that one for WAR!) and terrible players/dev communication.

But yeah, I just wonder why on earth no descent game copied at least the good things. Now its battlegrounds, arenas and **** all over the place.

/cry with you bro
    this game is using the same graphic engine, funny tho, i had a weak *** computer back then but i never had the issues with that game as i do this one, and that game had over 200 people on screen at one point.
    p8pdelux phase exetreme
    samsung 2tb hdd
    win7 64bit

Rift Disciple

WAR and DAoC had a LOT more of sliding/gliding/ghosting, animation bugs and range weirdness than RIFT. Everything seems quite tight here.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by innocent51 View Post
    WAR and DAoC had a LOT more of sliding/gliding/ghosting, animation bugs and range weirdness than RIFT. Everything seems quite tight here.
    verry true, but that is more due to server tech then the game, back then the server stank, back then servers were a cheap mess and internet bandwidth was so low that it caused alot of issues, Warhammer was just a cheap mess anyway, the devs for that game just couldnt be bothered with anything.
    Last edited by direwind; 04-21-2011 at 03:11 AM.
    p8pdelux phase exetreme
    samsung 2tb hdd
    win7 64bit

+ Reply to Thread