+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trion's slap in the face to PVP healers

Soulwalker

Default Trion's slap in the face to PVP healers

I'd just like to start out by saying that I love healing in PVP. Nothing brings a smile to my face like seeing someone about to die, healing them up to full, then denying that defaint the kill and receiving gratitude for saving them. You're welcome... I also enjoy being able to see green numbers fill my screen. It's like Christmas.

That being said, there is seriously something wrong with the way that favor is gained in this game. I have been noticing it for a while but in this last game I played I just couldn't stand it anymore and decided to post. I joined a whitefall steppes at the very beginning of the game. I was the lone healer for a while until more people started to trickle in. It was a long, hard fought battle that ended in a tie as time expired. I couldn't wait to see how much favor I got after so many epic fights and the constant back and forth. To my dismay this is what I saw:

Top in favor were 12 defiant ... in a tie!
    Top favor was 1301. Damage done: 154k, healing done: 100k.
    First in favor for guardian: 669. 77k damage, 36.5k healing, 290k damage TAKEN
    Top in healing: myself, with over 282k and next highest only 141k. Total favor received: 471!!!

WTF!?!?! I am fourth lowest on the list of favor, and I had been in the game since the onset. Please explain how this promotes healing in PVP AT ALL! It's absolutely ridiculous that there is such a discrepancy in favor yet I was one of the most active players in the entire warfront.

I have absolutely had it with PVP healing in this game and will now only run Inquis dps until the reward system is corrected. You wonder why there is never anyone healing? THIS is why.

http://i52.tinypic.com/121ejjm.jpg
    http://i54.tinypic.com/nqby9u.jpg
    http://i52.tinypic.com/2hp0tc0.jpg

</rant>

Ascendant

Trion's entire pvp mechanic is a slap in the face. They're on the verge of losing yet another customer...i finally logged off in disgust tonight after facing another WF full of pyros.

Bout had all of Rift pvp that I can handle. Worst ****ing pvp game I've ever played.

Telaran

Agreed. I also just decided to go DPS myself. I'm getting about half of the normal favor by healing. It's ****ing stupid. They need to fix this.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by ShalarLight View Post
    I literally canceled my subscription tonight, and wish i could force feed every single one of the days of game time left down the ****ing throat of the lead that designed the bard class. **** you very much dude, you **** sleaze bag *****.
    lol when I logged off I had every intention of cancelling my account, I was that disgusted with this game. I'm still seriously considering it. 50% of enjoyment I get from mmo's comes from pvp, and there's so much wrong with the pvp in this game its laughable.

Champion

I see in your screenshots that the top guardians had 27-29 kills, while you had 17. So you joined late, or just weren't around a good chunk of the time when the action went down, even if you did contribute a lot when you were. Favor is gained when someone dies, not when you heal.
    Last edited by Ferboten; 04-20-2011 at 07:31 PM.

Plane Touched

lol @Slap in the Face threads.

Seriously though, PvP contribution is something that needs to be looked at across the board

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ferboten View Post
    I see in your screenshots that the top guardians had 27-29 kills, while you had 17. So you joined late, or just weren't around a good chunk of the time when the action went down, even if you did contribute a lot when you were. Favor is gained when someone dies, not when you heal.
    I assure you I was in since the beginning. Healers only get credit for a kill if they toss some damage in. Those 17 I had to waterjet them.

Rift Disciple

I heard healing people doing the objectives instead of healing the morons fighting in the roads gets you more favor. Since you're actually helping do the objective. That being said, I'm normally top healing and top in favor gains. Sorry you heal people that don't matter bro, or too concentrated on everyone else. BG's have objectives, You should do them or help the ones doing it. That's how the BG is mainly won.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by del'Vhar View Post
    lol @Slap in the Face threads.

Seriously though, PvP contribution is something that needs to be looked at across the board
    I guess I could have said slap in the a.ss if that is more your style.

The whole favor thing is a mystery.
    People have realized that by helping achieve objectives they are getting less favor so a lot of people refuse to do it.
    I've seen 4 or 5 people standing around the fang in BG but no one will pick it up because it will end up lowering their favor gain. They will die, meaning less kills and they will need to hang back a bit meaning less damage and KBs so less favor

I've seen someone with a flag carrying build in WF carry all 3 shards and cap them all and he is almost last in favor after the game.

Last night I got the achievement for running ten shards in one WF in Port Scion, I had recent healing numbers and kills, but I was on the bottom third in favor.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Trea View Post
    I assure you I was in since the beginning. Healers only get credit for a kill if they toss some damage in. Those 17 I had to waterjet them.
    I've gotten favor from people I haven't touched, you were probably just clear across the map from a lot of the kills.

Plane Touched

I seem to recall a dev mentioning they were increasing the favor range to cover basically the whole map in 1.2, which I believe means that you will get some favor for every single kill, regardless of whether you took part or not.

Someone on the Alpha shard might be able to confirm/deny.

Edit: Found it, not sure if it will work as I thought or not though.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...=1#post2150031
    Last edited by del'Vhar; 04-20-2011 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrified View Post
    I heard healing people doing the objectives instead of healing the morons fighting in the roads gets you more favor. Since you're actually helping do the objective. That being said, I'm normally top healing and top in favor gains. Sorry you heal people that don't matter bro, or too concentrated on everyone else. BG's have objectives, You should do them or help the ones doing it. That's how the BG is mainly won.
    Yes healing near an objective gives you far more favor, but often and especially in whitefall the action doesn't occur near these objectives.
    Also all of these damage classes could be considered to have done most of their damage away from these objectives yet they still get a lot more favor.
    i'm am also thinking your kills count is low, healing someone taking damage does give you credit for a kill, But not for killing blow obviously which gives damage classes that extra favor boost. I find spamming a few aoes like healing communion at the start of an engagement helps me rack up kills, yes its cheap doing so as i'm not healing as effectively but hey favor for healers is vastly under what it should be.
    So long rift, may your potential someday be realised

Shield of Telara

Wait

You cancelled your account in a month old mmo because you're getting 500 less favour than someone else sometimes?

And NOT because you're running your 1,285th warfront?

Cause I love the game, and can still totally understand someone quitting because of tedium.. but because of unequal favour in a couple of games?
    Ugar - Spitescar - PvP

Soulwalker

Haven't / won't quit, just don't see the point in healing until it is fixed. I'm not that petty lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast