+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Rogues should be nerfed or Macros should be removed!

Default Rogues should be nerfed or Macros should be removed!

Although in PvE Rogues are low on the dps charts, in pvp, if has the sin soul, their completely op. They can stun from stealth, but its not a stun, so you can break it unless you have the pvp cc break. Then they pop out and with button, dot and debuff the hell out of you cuz they have all their crap macro'd out(like most people), then by the time you can react, they use some lame skill to go back into stealth, stun you again, then kill you. Im not even gonna start on how freakin opverpowered that complete BS is, but it happens with mages, and healers as well. ! freakin button, bam, a chain of events than you have no hope of recooping from. Macros should have never made it into Rift, their for people who cant think on their feet and react to their current situation, and those who use them are sad, sad people.

Trion wake up, get in your own game and watch how warfronts are fought with rogues(90% assassins), mages(90% pyros), and healers. Wars are nowhere to be seen due to your nerfing them to near uselessness, like the void knight, and how in pvp, their a wasted soul. Nerfing the champ dmg? Really? The one class thats ment to have massive burst dmg, we cant even kill a cloth wearing mage due to their ******ed dmg reduction.

But Sins? Heh, 3 immuntiy skills, 2 skills to slip into stealth, macroing all their skills in order to screw anyone and kill them in about 4 to 5 seconds. Including Wars, in tank specs, wearing pvp 5 gear.

Your Warhammer devs ruined the balance of their game with their BS with blight wizards or whatever they were called, and now their here, ruining the class balance of this one.

Now I hear your planning on giving them a dmg buff? You all need to get into your own game and check out the WFs sometime, and fix the BS.
    http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w290/SWGRezec/Forum%20Signatures%20and%20Work/warsig2.jpg

Soulwalker

Please read up on how macros in Rift work before you state Assassin's have an "iwin Button" macro'd.

Quote Originally Posted by War101 View Post
    Although in PvE Rogues are low on the dps charts, in pvp, if has the sin soul, their completely op. They can stun from stealth, but its not a stun, so you can break it unless you have the pvp cc break. Then they pop out and with button, dot and debuff the hell out of you cuz they have all their crap macro'd out(like most people), then by the time you can react, they use some lame skill to go back into stealth, stun you again, then kill you. Im not even gonna start on how freakin opverpowered that complete BS is, but it happens with mages, and healers as well. ! freakin button, bam, a chain of events than you have no hope of recooping from. Macros should have never made it into Rift, their for people who cant think on their feet and react to their current situation, and those who use them are sad, sad people.

Trion wake up, get in your own game and watch how warfronts are fought with rogues(90% assassins), mages(90% pyros), and healers. Wars are nowhere to be seen due to your nerfing them to near uselessness, like the void knight, and how in pvp, their a wasted soul. Nerfing the champ dmg? Really? The one class thats ment to have massive burst dmg, we cant even kill a cloth wearing mage due to their ******ed dmg reduction.

But Sins? Heh, 3 immuntiy skills, 2 skills to slip into stealth, macroing all their skills in order to screw anyone and kill them in about 4 to 5 seconds. Including Wars, in tank specs, wearing pvp 5 gear.

Your Warhammer devs ruined the balance of their game with their BS with blight wizards or whatever they were called, and now their here, ruining the class balance of this one.

Now I hear your planning on giving them a dmg buff? You all need to get into your own game and check out the WFs sometime, and fix the BS.
    Nah i think rogues are pretty balanced overall. As a rogue, i generally send stealth rogues running for the hills. It can be frustrating that they can remain on the battlefield, or at least seem to because they can get back into position so quickly. But overall rogues,, if played correctly can be a thorn in the paw, but individually, they can be scattered.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Lol.. This thread is funny.
    You wanna dance with the devil?.. You'll ****ing burn.

heheh I love his sig.."It is only the dead who have seen the end of war!!!"..guess it should say.."It is only the Sins who have seen the end of WAR!!"
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Rift Disciple

Macros need to go. If you can't think for yourself then G T F O.
    Last edited by Jimmeh1993; 04-20-2011 at 06:48 PM.

Rift Disciple

Please tell me where the other 2 immunity skills on the 'sin tree are because I only have 1 (Slip Away). As for skills to slip into stealth, yes there is Slip Away, but straight stealth is useless in combat. What debuffs are you talking about? 'sin has hardly any debuffs on its tree. Poisons can potentially make your spells cost 25% more to cast, or can cause you to take 5% more critical hits, and they get 1 snare.....THAT'S debuffing "the hell" out of you?

As for saying people who use macros don't have situational skills.....I have an aoe skill that causes confusion for 6 seconds as long as no damage is taken. This skill is not in my regular macro, its SITUATIONAL. I have a 2 min cooldown skill that increases the damage of my poisons and causes attackers to take damage, but it's not in my regular macro. It's SITUATIONAL. The only reactionary ability in my macro is Serpent Strike (dependent on a critical hit, 8 sec cooldown), otherwise, I DO have to think on my feet, despite my macros.

Any rogue that rolls all of his abilities into a single I win button is a rogue that at best will be able to puncture, and backstab you or savage strike you based on position, that's it. At 51 points they might have serpent strike tossed in there as well.

If they put their debuffs on the same macro, including that snare, since several of the abilities to apply debuffs to you have 0 cooldown the macro will either never use them, or will never use primary combo point building abilities.

Now on to more fun hyperbole.

What exactly are these OP skills that "SINS" get that makes them invulnerable? Also where is this second and apparently very ellusive ability that allows "SINS" to vanish in combat after slip away? I'll give you a minute to find it....dum dum dum dum...hmm hmmm...Done looking? Didn't find it? Yeah me either.

The open "stun" you are talking about isn't even a stun unless they used paralyzing strike, and if an assassin passed level 26 is using that as an open on you, then you should be happy cause they just neglected to apply one of their biggest sources of damage to you. The skill you are calling a stun, is an incapcitate, it breaks on damage, and can only be applied to you when both you and the rogue are out of combat to begin with. Also it deals 0 damage and is basicaly a big neon light letting you and everyone around you know a rogue is in the area, so you should be hovering over that break free key to fire it as soon as you actualy get hit with a "stun".

You having any luck finding that hidden "improved slip away and 3 immunity buttons yet? Yeah I still can't find them either.

Get your damned facts straight before coming on here whining about something you have no clue about. Honestly people wonder why the foum community are such a bunch of defensive jerks most the time and it's because of people exactly like you who come on here and spout random bullsh** crying for nerfs and hoping people jump on your bandwagon of ignorance.

On a final note, IF you are as you claim a rank5 warrior and you are dying in 4-5 seconds to an assassin, I just wanted to ask ya, how long did it take to get there AFKing? Just curious.

Anyhow, have a great day. And just a little tip for you, maybe at least look at a talent builder or something and cry about skills a class actualy has before spouting off in your next "omgawd he keeled me nerf nao" thread.

Cheers.

Soulwalker

catalysts have my babies please!

i couldnt have said that any better
    Last edited by Oedor; 04-20-2011 at 10:21 PM.

dmv

This is either a troll, or a GOP nominee for 2012.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

aux

I've been saying so for a while. And now they're getting buffed. Enjoy 1.2, where Assassin is the new Pyro.
    I'm so BORED

Assassin is a vary good class to play in pvp, that is mainly what I use. But we are no where near as OP as you might want to think, you need to take into account for gear and time spent pvping.

As a sin I will use Slip away for an extra opener and immunity to damage, if you are a caster then I also will use cleanse soul for immunity to magical effects, after all that we have anathema to help with stopping people from healing themselves. In the end when you take equally geared players that know how to pvp with good pvp builds then the sin is only just ok.

If you are not rank 4+ then you really have no right to complain as of right now.
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm, We ran to the sounds of the thunder, We danced among the lightning bolts, and tore the world asunder.

Banned

remarkable isn't it - apparently there are no warriors and theyre garbage yet you still see a large number of 2 handed charge spammers and silly jumpy flamespear tossers in warfronts, and they still have higher dps than all but 1 rogue soul.

I never focus on damage, I don't even pay attention to that, but what I do look at are killing blows, sin roques should always be near the top in killing blows, cause that's what we do we actually kill people.
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm, We ran to the sounds of the thunder, We danced among the lightning bolts, and tore the world asunder.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast