+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fix black garden and the fact that people can sometimes pick up flag while being hit.

Rift Disciple

Default Fix black garden and the fact that people can sometimes pick up flag while being hit.

Seriously, I have had an aoe on people, saw their hp going down, saw their character flinching while being hit.... and then they magically get the flag. Fix this please. ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranera View Post
    Seriously, I have had an aoe on people, saw their hp going down, saw their character flinching while being hit.... and then they magically get the flag. Fix this please. ASAP.
    They can pick up between ticks.

If they're picking up between ticks they've figured out how to pick up faster than the three second timer.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

i do it as a cleric and is ridiculously easy

its called a shield. Even a small one which only mitigates 500 damage is usually enough time unluss its getting completely bombarded. Hell as justicar i have a 2k shield

Rogues have abilities that make dmaging abilities miss for a short time

and warriors have things like shield wall

less qq more pew pew
    So long rift, may your potential someday be realised

yea Ive already stated in another thread that shields are for damage..stun them..squirrel them..fear them...unless of course they pop immunities to CCs..or are in GoS. I regularly insta GOS while picking up a shard or capping a flag.(and then pop a damage shield or ward pot to boot
    Last edited by Ticklepink; 04-20-2011 at 05:55 PM.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklepink View Post
    If they're picking up between ticks they've figured out how to pick up faster than the three second timer.
    I'm half convinced that there must be a way to speed it up (or there is a bug). Yes, I'm fully aware of all the normal ways to protect yourself. I've been using shields since level 10'ish and I'm usually the person who is lugging the fang around. If I'm not carrying the fang, I'm healing the fang holder.

There are times when people just seem to pick up the fang really quickly. The fang holder dies...then immediately, someone somehow managed to grab the fang.

You can start picking it up before it is visible.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by fervor View Post
    I'm half convinced that there must be a way to speed it up (or there is a bug). Yes, I'm fully aware of all the normal ways to protect yourself. I've been using shields since level 10'ish and I'm usually the person who is lugging the fang around. If I'm not carrying the fang, I'm healing the fang holder.

There are times when people just seem to pick up the fang really quickly. The fang holder dies...then immediately, someone somehow managed to grab the fang.
    yeah...there's definitely some trick/bug/abuse/whatever that makes ppl pick it up instantly instead of within 3 seconds.

aux

Quote Originally Posted by j3w3l View Post
    i do it as a cleric and is ridiculously easy

its called a shield. Even a small one which only mitigates 500 damage is usually enough time unluss its getting completely bombarded. Hell as justicar i have a 2k shield

Rogues have abilities that make dmaging abilities miss for a short time

and warriors have things like shield wall

less qq more pew pew
    No, it is not. I've seen people pick it up when they were actually taking damage (HP bar was dropping, damage numbers scrolling up) during the 'cast'. They weren't shielded, they were in fact taking damage during the pickup. There's something that prevents interrupts while taking damage, but I don't know what.
    I'm so BORED

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by fervor View Post

yes

I see this all the time. One of the reasons I don't run this zerg...er warfront any more.

Banned

Arrow

People are also able to pick up, if they've started, while being tranmorgrified.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by solarbear View Post
    yes

I see this all the time. One of the reasons I don't run this zerg...er warfront any more.
    You are able to not just pick up the fang like this but also other flags/wardstones. Even mine or quest objects this way. It needs fixed so if you take damage then you can't pick up the stone. Period.

Rift Disciple

I am pretty sure that while picking up a flag or casting a spell, you experience "spell pushback" from taking damage. The cast bar stutters and then continues. It will make a 3 second cast take 4 or 5 seconds. Damage alone will not stop someone from picking up a flag.

Interrupts, stuns, fears and the like are something completely different. The will make the cast bar go away so you have to reclick and start over.

I am not 100% sure that this is correct however, this is what I have seen in my experience (rank 4).

who cares if they can take the fang?

FOCUS and he will die.
    Vencalven Cleric 50 rank 4 <Imperium>
    Vencalven Warrior Priest 85 <Eltharion/Azgal>

Quote Originally Posted by daarknight View Post
    I am pretty sure that while picking up a flag or casting a spell, you experience "spell pushback" from taking damage. The cast bar stutters and then continues. It will make a 3 second cast take 4 or 5 seconds. Damage alone will not stop someone from picking up a flag.

Interrupts, stuns, fears and the like are something completely different. The will make the cast bar go away so you have to reclick and start over.

I am not 100% sure that this is correct however, this is what I have seen in my experience (rank 4).
    Err...wow. How'd you get to rank 4 without realizing that damage of any kind completely cancels the pickup? You have to start over.

If damage only caused pushback, then someone would always eventually pickup the fang/flag within 6 seconds or less. But it's not uncommon for the fang/flag to drop, then eventually return to the original position because no one managed to pick it up. That's why people AoE bomb the flag...to completely prevent pickups (unless shielded or immune in some way).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast