+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The proposed mage changes are inadequate for pvp

Banned

Default The proposed mage changes are inadequate for pvp

In short the problem with mages dominating is not just GoS or pyro - though both of these are significantly overpowered.

Its short, fast cast high burst dps with 0 defence.

I've lost count over the past few nights of the 2.2k plus firevalls, the 2.6k plus incinerates, the 3k plus instant cinderblasts and we all know and love the 4k plus fulminates.

These are all without powerups.
    These are all doable without GoS.

Unless trion is going to significantly decrease the burst of the mage then this patch fixes nothing and every other class dies in 3-4 s at 30 yards.

One option would be to implement at 0 cost blanket spell resist on pvp armours.
    One option would be to increase cast times and gcds (unfortunately a big impact on pve there)

I don't know the answer but 30 yards plus 4-6k damage in <4s is far higher than warriors and saboteurs were ever doing. This next patch to me is the 'warhammer' patch - the one warhammer got wrong big time and lost 60% plus of its subs to.

Plane Touched

I dont mind Rift going free to play ^~
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristoph View Post
    I think everyone already stopped expecting Trion to be even remotely competent when it comes to PvP balance.

I agree that burst is also a problem, I also think the Pyro isn't alone as far as Mage souls that are grossly over-powered in this area. The upcoming patch should at least make it easier to eliminate the threat which is a step in the right direction.
    Last edited by Octavian2011; 04-20-2011 at 01:14 PM.

GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 RotP 4/4 HK 10/11
    Pvp rank 8 Rogue - Age of Aggression.
    www.resultgaming.com

aux

Pyromancers aren't going to be the main problem in 1.2. Assassins will be.
    I'm so BORED

Sc / dom is just as deadly as pyro

Warlock / chloro tanks better than warriors and rogues using tank builds
    Mage - steel cannon
    Rogue - tin pistol
    Warrior - glass machine gun
    Cleric - adamantium machine gun

Telaran

ones again you speak of mages an dthen complain about pyros...
    the hell?

i have no idea towards SC never played it.
    but dominator damage is pathetic lol...

chloro warlock tanks better for exactly 7 seconds thats true but if a rogue stun locks you, your still dead unless you pop your cd before he blows his 2nd stun ...
    7 seconds in 3 minutes your a living god oh dear . unless you are dispelled !

but i know no one uses those. cause that would be OP and more crying would occur!
    Last edited by KingLeonidas; 04-20-2011 at 01:29 PM.

obviously dominator dps sucks, its a dedicated CC soul - the only one in the game, which can be equiped by a range nuker class. hmmm
    Mage - steel cannon
    Rogue - tin pistol
    Warrior - glass machine gun
    Cleric - adamantium machine gun

Telaran

Yeah but after you get done digging in dominator to get good cc goodness, most of your pts are allocated thereby severely limiting your selections in a boom class. I figure that's maybe why they put in the squirrel toaster ability but it should prolly be higher in the tree.

Plane Touched

Pyros are fine Minus the non-cc while in their circle.

Telaran

I agree the burst they do at the speeds they can do them is way to high. gos is not the issue in my opinion either.

Its when you have a great sustained fight going with many people and all of a sudden a pyro joins the battle boom its over...its just not fun for anyone. Or as you see the people who literally abuse this power by running pyro cleric groups that ruin it for everyone...

these are clues you have an overpowered class!

Boosting thier damage was a horrible idea, and I still cant even fathom they let this continue this long.

If this were my product...I would be working like mad to make sure I dont have such an obvious and vocalized imbalance.

There is not one class combo I have run across yet that even comes close to this instant insane lethality, period. At least I have never been continuously bombarded by 2k+ hits by any other class in that time frame...not even close. In fact I cant even recall many other hits over 2k from other players recently that wasnt from a pyro. (full pvp gear/spec)

It becomes more clear to me as they make decisions and events fail horribly and changes go into idiodic directions...that they simply dont know what the heck they are doing.

Add to the fire: I play an assassin, and still cant even understand how they think we need a boost.

Sure its gonna be great to be on top, but then again a well played assassin already is.

I have a bad feeling that in the end we will get nerfed worse. This is the never-ending cycle that they are beginning to follow.

These people just don't seem to play their own game, or realize the downstream effects of these decisions that have been made.

Its a good thing I am sponsored and dont pay....else I would have unsubbed long ago.
    Forgo Guardian Rogue P6 - Sunrest
    40k+ kills 1 million+ favor
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Forgoification?feature=mhum

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    Pyromancers aren't going to be the main problem in 1.2. Assassins will be.
    Not assassins, Marks men. It is going to be insane them raining down damage at 1 second GCD, all instant, all spammable on the move all the while being immune to slows, roots, cc, and running at 70% speed increase.

The only think I can come up with is, they are going to buff someone else to stupid levels instead of bringing mages back inline.

"There was an old lady the swallowed a fly......" ...... " ............. I guess she'll die."
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 04-20-2011 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Plane Touched

I'm much more scared of all of the pyro's that will reroll sc after that patch than I am of the buff to assassins. SC's pack some punch, and u can't freekin move :P

Rift Disciple

pyros will be op. no assassins. no wait marksmen. No wait wardens! Oh and necros!

Seriously guys. Changing GoS is a step in the right direction. Now start working as a team and when you see a pyro blow his *** up.

Making valor better and nerfing (a little) cc are also steps in the right direction.

Criers and whiners. That's all these forums are now. All I read is waaaaaaaaaaaaa the big bad pyro touches my special place! So sick of this crap.

Plane Touched

Wow, look who's a pyro? I don't play PvP because the balance sucks I'm not even trying, All I did when I did do it was just end up being an armored training doll, getting two shot continually by Cleric aoe and dots or pyroblasts is not fun or competitive it all comes down to who has more pyros and clerics

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast