+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: DISCUSSION: Auto-loot every corpse in PvP matches

Default DISCUSSION: Auto-loot every corpse in PvP matches

As the titles says there's PvPers and there's PvEers... there's a concern of lack of income from the PVP matches. One must physically loot the corpse to get money which may cost an edge on a fight. Lots of time an avid PvPer doesn't even think about looting due to the competitiveness of the game. It would be an awesome addition and I'm sure acceptable by the majority if every kill result on shared income to all. Please consider this as I voice many others who want similar thing on this concern. Perhaps the wining team get some sort of monetary gain on top of the Favor?

Everyone please support this or provide comments on this situation.
    Last edited by Davador; 04-20-2011 at 12:53 PM.

Amen!!!!!!

/signed

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE EVERY PLAYER CORPSE JUST AUTO LOOT LIKE RIFT REWARDS. I am tired of being ganked by a million enemy players while trying to loot what could potentially be worth 7 gold...

Champion of Telara

give us some ******* real money off corpses while youre at it
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

Plane Touched

I must have missed where Trion gave a rats``S`` bout pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristoph View Post
    I think everyone already stopped expecting Trion to be even remotely competent when it comes to PvP balance.

Soulwalker

I requested the exact same change in a previous thread. Not only that, they should also implement a gold reward per match on par to a pve quest or something along those lines.

The PvE vs PvP gold gain balance is far from ideal.

Most of the players that like myself leveled via Warfronts are PvP poor for no real reason. Nobody is forcing PVE players to do warfronts, why force PVP players to do PVE quests for gold?

I know one could also do crafting and play the AH, but those are additional sources of income, PVP income should be on par with PVE imo.
    Last edited by ZeeWire; 04-20-2011 at 01:36 PM.

I want my 2 platinum!

I'm only about 40% of the way
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by -Slic View Post
    /signed

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE EVERY PLAYER CORPSE JUST AUTO LOOT LIKE RIFT REWARDS. I am tired of being ganked by a million enemy players while trying to loot what could potentially be worth 7 gold...
    Remove loot all together from player corpses, instead have it work as stated a rift reward contribution system that takes into account healing/buffing/damage and so on with the highest priority to rewards going to those who worked for the objectives in the match.

On top of that remove the usual crap green drops and potions. Throw the potions in at the end split up on the same basis as cash. Remove the green drops all together and replace them with favor reward tokens or some such, since lets face it if you are someone who NEEDS it you probably wont win it anyway cause half the press need on anything that drops even if they ca't use the item, and the favor tokens that would replace them are usable by all toward actualy getting PvP gear, instead of some crap green PvE drop.

Scale the cash drops accordingly as well, higher money based on level til 50, then add in a multiplier based on rank. Tired of going through PvP and when I actualy do have 3 seconds between fights, looting someone and getting less than a PvE mobs worth of rewards out of them is a slap in the face to career PvPers (which I'm not but can plainly see 89s for a 40+ player is just ridiculous.

Lastly scale favor gains based off the WF contribution not favoring killing blows and damage done so heavily, give people a solid reason to heal and run objectives. Don't want to do the objectives, fine don't, but you joined a TEAM warfront, so no one cares if you don't get lower rewards for being a slo ganker rather than a team player. If you want to solo gank first off you should have rolled on a PvP server (you know who you are) and secondly you can go do world pvp and solo gank all day long. Hell some warfronts actualy promote solo ganking such as PoS, and WFS, where you can take out a carrier who often dosen't even have backup in pugs, or kill stragglers/ressers and actualy benefit your team by keeping down the number of incoming.

My 2 cents on it.

Cheers.

This is a must, and needs to be hotfixed. It's really hard to loot, while you fight in Warfronts.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Rift Disciple

/signed

There should be a %60 (the norm I believe) speed increase mount purchasable via favor that is attainable prior to level 20 by a PC who mostly pvp's. That way our beloved pvp'er is not conscripted into PvE'ing so that they are not a liability in Codex and beyond.

It would be nice if there was a vehicle for providing more low-end pvp gear. Whether that be stocking on vendors or having the daily's be class specific.

If auto-loot is too hard to program an alternative solution would be to provide rewards the same way rift contributions are rewarded. Oh...and pvp essences (or essences period) would be very fine.

I'm glad lots share the same input, hopefully we hear something at least a consideration they are looking into it...

Keep on bringing in the comments and inputs guys!

Sez

Ok, I'll be the one who says no.

Killing someone is its own reward. If you want PvE moneyz, you need to PvE.

You spend 0 cash on upkeep, so you gain very little.

Items can be bought with the currency you do earn. If your argument was "There needs to be more things I can buy with Favor, then I agree.

Do a daily, farm some nodes. Why should PvP be the only "fun" way to make money?
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeWire View Post
    I requested the exact same change in a previous thread. Not only that, they should also implement a gold reward per match on par to a pve quest or something along those lines.

The PvE vs PvP gold gain balance is far from ideal.

Most of the players that like myself leveled via Warfronts are PvP poor for no real reason. Nobody is forcing PVE players to do warfronts, why force PVP players to do PVE quests for gold?

I know one could also do crafting and play the AH, but those are additional sources of income, PVP income should be on par with PVE imo.
    I don't care so much that you make more in PvE than you do in PvP, that's pretty much a non issue, if you wanna get rich, the only games I have played that allowed someone to get rich off PvP was UO and DF where you could take everything that person was carrying. But seriously, the monetary rewards in PvP need to be at least high enough to cover operating costs, so to speak.

Another (as much as I hate the expression) pet peve is the use of rift/planar items in PvP. In world PvP I can "almost" understand it, but in WF's or for career PvP'ers that's another issue suggesting you should go PvE if you really want to have the same tool set in pvp that a PvE'er has when joining a warfront.

Cheers.

Best thread of the month in this forum.

/signed

Sword of Telara

/signed
    /chars

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast