+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Please Trion, give us a Deathmatch map.

Ascendant

Default Please Trion, give us a Deathmatch map.

So we get rid of all these idiots who don't even know what an objective is.

(But seriously, along with getting rid of these guys, it just could be fun)

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    So we get rid of all these idiots who don't even know what an objective is.

(But seriously, along with getting rid of these guys, it just could be fun)
    Would rather a Last Man Standing.

All for a death match map. Thats all I ever wanted in MMO PvP as an option. Really don't give a flying **** about shuttling shards back and forth.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Albane View Post
    Would rather a Last Man Standing.
    No reason we couldn't get both!
    Last man standing and deathmatch map.

It would take like 20x less time to code this, than most PVE events/dungeons. And it'd keep PVP'ers happy.

(On a side note, last man standing would need to be done right, or it'd be just a coward hide&seek game. It should reward whoever fights the best and survive against everyone, no whoever hide best).

Shadowlander

Yes, please give both. A death match and a last man standing. Make them in an arena so there can be no environmental advantages.

Quote Originally Posted by BrowncoatBlue View Post
    Yes, please give both. A death match and a last man standing. Make them in an arena so there can be no environmental advantages.
    Ya man.... just make it all open flat ground! that is totally balanced for everyone right?

Or are we playing spot the OP mage?

Honestly I could care less, because I am not planning on playing the game anymore. Do it Trion, put the stupid god damn death match map in, so the FotM crowd can prove how awsome they are.
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 04-20-2011 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Champion

Sure, and they can give everyone killstreaks like a predator drone or chopper gunner, or if you get 25 kills in a row a tactical nuke that automatically wins the match.

And pyros will start with the tactical nuke.

Last man standing map with assassins that are undetectable and can slip away if things are going south for them. No thanks.

Telaran

I think this could possibly be a really fun warfront. Sometimes all you wanna do is pit your skills against other players and kill. But if you focus on doing that in other warfronts without being mindful of objectives you screw you team over. I've played FPS with team deathmatch pvp and its good fun. Why not try this out in an mmorpg. I think a well designed map would be key in executing this sort of warfront well though. would need a good combination of open areas as well as places for close quarters combat with power ups placed in key areas. But if done right I would prob spend most of my time in this type of warfront. Also while we're on the topic of new warfronts why not add in a seige type battle as well (open RVR would be ideal for this but warfront siege would also be fun). Always did enjoy doing those.

Telaran

sorry to post twice in a row but i just feel that last man standing is a bad idea. forgot to mention that in my last post. those games are only fun if you manage to stay alive long enough. but if you get focus fired right off at the beginning of the game(which does happen sometimes) you're left waiting for the rest of the players to finish the game with nothing to do. no thanks.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Vhodin View Post
    sorry to post twice in a row but i just feel that last man standing is a bad idea. forgot to mention that in my last post. those games are only fun if you manage to stay alive long enough. but if you get focus fired right off at the beginning of the game(which does happen sometimes) you're left waiting for the rest of the players to finish the game with nothing to do. no thanks.
    If you die right off the bat, guess you can just leave the warfront and queue up for another one?
    Just like when your team lose in a current warfront. You leave.
    In a last man standing, your team is "you" so if you lose, you just leave and play another one while other people keep fighting in that last one!

And about the "Assassins are gonna stealth and slip away and all that".. Well, as said in my previous post they'd have to get this done right obviously, or it's just gonna be hide and seek.

A certain amount of kills required to win would be a solution to this problem ( can't just hide and wait for the bestest time to attack ) but it would reward classes with huge burst damage, rather than good pvp'ers.

I.E. people focusing on killing the ennemy players by outlasting them (i.e. more survivability than DPS ) would never win this. It'd be like 50% pyro 50% sins or something like that.

I don't know, there's certainly a solution... Last man standing wasn't my idea tho.

Deathmatch, on the other hand, is super easy to figure out.

Plane Touched

imo, don't allow multi que, and have the current que show to all for each when you select it. (IE 24 defiant 3 guard que for suck garden would show you youll be #25.)
    Famaji - 50 Rogue
    Famage - 40 Mage
    The reason you have 4 souls is to provide negative feedback on all 4 at once, rather than focusing an educated feedback on 1.

Smile Yes Please

I can never fathom why most MMORPGs that have a form of instanced PVP don't implemented a Team Deathmatch scenario.

This Warfront would be the epitome of "jump in and have a few goes". I would sign up to it all the time. Most "objective" based pvp turns into a kill fest anyway. Why would they not give us a straight out kill for kill Warfront?

I am a big FPS player and one of the most popular game modes is TDM. If Trion made a mode like that with a hand full of different maps, I think it would be very popular. It would be with me, at least.

Rift Disciple

Last man standing doesn't appeal to me at all, and would be subject to all sorts of cheap maneuvering. Deathmatch sounds ok though, provided it didn't give faster prestige or favor than the other WFs.

Star Trek online was mostly horrible, but it had a few things that were neat. One of them was queuing for PVP. You could queue for the different maps in 5v5 or 10v10, etc, and the queue would show how many were waiting in the queue for that match. It would only let you queue for 3 queues total to keep queues from filling up with people that weren't going to actually join when it came up.

I'd also like to see some RvR world pvp like WoW's Wintergrasp zone. I thought it was really cool how there was a tangible reward to gaining control of the zone (your side could do the raids), but it wasn't a reward that made people determined to keep control nonstop every time the event started.

Flev

Plane Touched

I would like to see team deathmatch WFs.

I really don't get why they aren't implemented in alot of MMOs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast