+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The real problem with clerics, since people don't know how other classes work here.

Champion of Telara

Default The real problem with clerics, since people don't know how other classes work here.

The problem lies with 2 talents:

Ethereal Shell: Because it's too good
    Blessing of the Martyr: Because it's bugged and procs off every hit

Along with the fact that for some ******ed reason, Trion decided to make damage reduction in this game additive instead of multiplicative, meaning that it stacks with all the other damage reductions clerics have in a ridiculous fashion that no good MMORPG developer would ever let get past alpha, let alone beta.

None of the problems have anything to do with healing values, which quite frankly are a little subpar. Everything is to with the insane damage reduction these 2 talents+Trions terrible game mechanics give a high ranking cleric.

Please LEARN ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE WHINING ABOUT. If healing values are nerfed, you'd pretty much run in and instantly die as any melee class because the damage wouldn't be healable. If you want that; continue whining about the wrong thing. Be my guest.

But, if you want the game to actually be improved when they finally fix clerics, direct your whining at the thing that actually is the problem.
    Last edited by faction; 04-20-2011 at 12:19 PM.
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

Quote Originally Posted by faction View Post

Along with the fact that for some ******ed reason, Trion decided to make damage reduction in this game additive instead of multiplicative, meaning that it stacks with all the other damage reductions clerics have in a ridiculous fashion that no good MMORPG developer would ever let get past alpha, let alone beta.

None of the problems have anything to do with healing values, which quite frankly are a little subpar. Everything is to with the insane damage reduction these 2 talents+Trions terrible game mechanics give a high ranking cleric.

Please LEARN ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE WHINING ABOUT. If healing values are nerfed, you'd pretty much run in and instantly die as any melee class because the damage wouldn't be healable. If you want that; continue whining about the wrong thing. Be my guest.

But, if you want the game to actually be improved when they finally fix clerics, direct your whining at the thing that actually is the problem.
    As stated in the other thread that is now locked(thank you for reading our feedback, Creators), we may not have gotten the skills that need to be toned correct, but we all agree they are from the same class. Thanks again for admitting that it IS Clerics.

- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

Rift Chaser

Things are fine the way they are.

HOWEVER.

If they're to actually fix anything rather than break the hell out of clerics, make the other paths in Templar (Clerics pvp soul) Worth speccing into. Because they all suck so bad, even if you do nerf Clerics Survivability path, We'll probably just sitck with it anyway.

Seriously, don't nerf clerics Survivability path without buffing the other parts of the templar tree. It's just so terribly bad.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    As stated in the other thread that is now locked(thank you for reading our feedback, Creators), we may not have gotten the skills that need to be toned correct, but we all agree they are from the same class. Thanks again for admitting that it IS Clerics.

- Vybz
    If Trion is smart, they will approach the issue of healing very carefully, as its already extremely hard to get people to do it. No one wants to heal, everyone wants to dps and run around killing stuff.

Sez

LEARN ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE WHINING ABOUT.
    Made my snort my coffee.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Sundial View Post
    If Trion is smart, they will approach the issue of healing very carefully, as its already extremely hard to get people to do it. No one wants to heal, everyone wants to dps and run around killing stuff.
    Damn straight. They just better buff the other parts of templar. It's all i gotta say.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Skaarrj View Post
    Damn straight. They just better buff the other parts of templar. It's all i gotta say.
    All they'd have to do is swap Shell with one of the rank 5 talents on the right. Fixed.

Rift Chaser

All they'd have to do is swap Shell with one of the rank 5 talents on the right. Fixed.
    Hell. No.

When i say buff, i mean alter the abilities on the right side so they aren't so terrible. They are ALL TERRIBLE. All of them. There is not a single good tier 5 and lower ability on the right side.

nuuu our cleric secrets exposed
    █▄▄ ███ █▄▄ █▄█▄█ █▄█ ▀█▀

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Skaarrj View Post
    Hell. No.

When i say buff, i mean alter the abilities on the right side so they aren't so terrible. They are ALL TERRIBLE. All of them. There is not a single good tier 5 and lower ability on the right side.
    Reinforce, Purifiation, Creeping remedy are all very good. Just overshadowed.

Rift Disciple

Isn't Ethereal Shell also on the Archmage soul too? Does this mean you want thiers nerfed too? Just checking here.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kedd View Post
    Isn't Ethereal Shell also on the Archmage soul too? Does this mean you want thiers nerfed too? Just checking here.
    No? Can you read?

Agreed Faction, but you know as well as I do, the crybabies of this game, and every other game out there know very little about the game, let alone the characters they play. Even though us Clerics constantly ask for fixes to our class, or our gear to keep things balanced, these people will continue to cry, without ever having a clue of what truly is going on.

I hope the development team sits down with us Clerics who will be up, front, and honest about where any imbalances are, and boost the areas we also need boosted.

It's not balance these people are looking for, it's the fact they dont' wan't to have to learn their classes, only to destroy a class they have to work to kill.
    Last edited by Visions; 04-20-2011 at 02:12 PM.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Shield of Telara

Yep. There's no problem with healing - Only a problem with damage reduction.

Healing scales with reductions and applications - Reduction doesn't.
    Ugar - Spitescar - PvP

Reinforce, Purifiation, Creeping remedy are all very good. Just overshadowed.
    I'm a fan of the whole right side. It's just more task oriented. LHP defensive skills are good all the time so a much easier choice. A dead cleric heals no dps and the like.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast