+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP v PvE gear fix (maybe)

Default PvP v PvE gear fix (maybe)

Well as we all know pretty much any stat can be put on items. So heres my go at a possible fix. PvE'rs will QQ i have a feeling but oh well.

Have Valor and another stat (dont care what the name is) on Items

PvP items will have the Valor stat on them which will give the DR to armor items and give a Damage Increase to weapons against PC's.

PvE items will have the unamed stat added to their items that only give DR and DI against NPC's

The way most MMOs are they are giving the Valor stat to the individual when maybe the items are the place to put the stat. That way it discourages players who PvP from using those items in dungeons and also discourages players to bring their PvE items to PvP scenarios. I know this will mean you will have to grind 2 different ways to acquire both sets of items but it will keep both sides at bay from bringing unbalanced weapons/armor to either the WF or dungeon.
    Last edited by TheBidnis; 04-20-2011 at 10:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    if i can't be happy no one can be happy!!!!!!!1111
    Quote Originally Posted by Gualtiero View Post
    It takes to long to clear trash and the boss is too hard! Nerf the whole raid!
    The dude playing that warrior is better than me! Nerf his whole class!
    The OP types the truth! Nerf his keyboard!
    Ladyfae Def Cleric R40 Bidnis Def Warrior R19 Shortdawg Guard Rogue R7

Quote Originally Posted by TheBidnis View Post
    Well as we all know pretty much any stat can be put on items. So heres my go at a possible fix. PvE'rs will QQ i have a feeling but oh well.

Have Valor and another stat (dont care what the name is) on Items

PvP items will have the Valor stat on them which will give the DR to armor items and give a Damage Increase to weapons against PC's.

PvE items will have the unamed stat added to their items that only give DR and DI against NPC's

The way most MMOs are they are giving the Valor stat to the individual when maybe the items are the place to put the stat. That way it discourages players who PvP from using those items in dungeons and also discourages players to bring their PvE items to PvP scenarios. I know this will mean you will have to grind 2 different ways to acquire both sets of items but it will keep both sides at bay from bringing unbalanced weapons/armor to either the WF or dungeon.
    An offensive counterpart to valor in short?
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

Quote Originally Posted by xaed View Post
    An offensive counterpart to valor in short?
    More of a PvE counterpart to Valor it works against NPC's as Valor works against PC's
    Last edited by TheBidnis; 04-20-2011 at 10:51 AM.

Plane Touched

Ok look at this:

http://rift.zam.com/en/item/D4B3994B...27s-Chestguard

Armor 492
    Valor +31
    Endurance +22
    Dexterity +16
    Strength +12
    Attack Power +8

It's a rank 3 item, so... here's what you do:

Valor +31 = ~1.88% Damage Reduction

It is getting a boost, and all I can hope is they make it 0.1% per point instead of 0.06% per point. That means, the 31 valor will give 3.1% damage reduction on that one item.

The 74 valor enchant will do 7.4% reduction.

Stacking 1000 Valor is 100% reduction. Something like that. Make it 0.08% if you want, but something a little closer so that 1000 damage isn't only ~981 (1.88%).

Base Rogue Valor = 302 Valor from gear (Vigilante set) which is ~18% damage reduction.
    Fulminate does 7000 damage (for example) meaning now it is going to do 5740 damage.

Lets say they change it, so it's more reduction... here's what happens if it's 0.08% per point:
    7000 - (24% of 7000) = 5320 damage

So I mean, it's a little more, and it might make the difference, seeing as how a lot of people have over 5.5k hp in PvP Rank 5 gear. It's the people who are not as well geared that will suffer, but that means they are just out-geared.

1 point of endurance = +9 HP

That same rogue set gives 1492 HP bonus on top of what they currently have at their level plus enchants, focus' weapons and accessories. I don't think it's that hard to hit 6k at pvp rank 5. And that's leather.

Cloth is 1386 (Theurgist gear) so... that's not too much of a difference. Makes sense since it's Leather vs. Cloth and most cloth wearers are healing anyway (with the exception of pyros at this point).

I dunno. It seems kinda balanced right now, they just need to adjust the actual bonus (which they're going to do) that valor gives.
    Last edited by Darkener; 04-20-2011 at 11:14 AM.

What im saying is leave Valor off of players completely. Leave it as a Gear stat only so that it if you are a PvPr you get gear that is useful. For PvE have X stat that does the same thing as Valor but have it only work on Dungeon/Raid content such as Toughness is really only a good PvE stat.

So that way if you PvE you can't come into a PvP encounter and PWN because you farm dungeon/raid gear that is out of scale with PvP content.

So basically it would look like this

PvE gear ..... PvP gear
    +10 Stam ...... +10 Stam
    +10 Agi/Int ...... +10 Agi/Int
    +10 Str/Wis ...... +10 Str/Wis
    +x (stat) ..... +x Valor

And the valor/(stat) would be whatever appropriate number deemed from a higher source.

2 individual stats that would do the same thing just for different content.
    Last edited by TheBidnis; 04-20-2011 at 12:12 PM.

+ Reply to Thread