Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Comparison of Healers value in Rift vs other MMOs and why healers need adjustment

Default Comparison of Healers value in Rift vs other MMOs and why healers need adjustment

Felt this deserved its own thread:

If you took 4 healers and 2 dps out for some RvR in DAoC you would get wrecked by a team with 4 dps and 2 healers.

If you took 4 healers and 2 dps out in WoW you would get wrecked by a team with 4 dps and 2 healers.

If you take 4 healers and 2 dps into a WF in Rift you win 500-0 with zero deaths against a team with 4 dps and 2 healers. On top of that nobody on your team would likely drop below 80% health or mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post

If you took 4 healers and 2 dps out for some RvR in DAoC you would get wrecked by a team with 4 dps and 2 healers.

If you took 4 healers and 2 dps out in WoW you would get wrecked by a team with 4 dps and 2 healers.

If you take 4 healers and 2 dps into a WF in Rift you win 500-0 with zero deaths against a team with 4 dps and 2 healers. On top of that nobody on your team would likely drop below 80% health or mana.
    QFT.

- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

Rift Disciple

I have yet to see anyone counter this with something resembling clarity and logic.

How can people honestly justify what's going on right now with a straight face? Oh, they like being perched up in those lofty towers of easy street...without a care in the world. Must be nice.

So why aren't you playing those MMO's and instead playing Rift. Because those games s*cked arse thats why we are all HERE playing RIFT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    if i can't be happy no one can be happy!!!!!!!1111
    Quote Originally Posted by Gualtiero View Post
    It takes to long to clear trash and the boss is too hard! Nerf the whole raid!
    The dude playing that warrior is better than me! Nerf his whole class!
    The OP types the truth! Nerf his keyboard!
    Ladyfae Def Cleric R40 Bidnis Def Warrior R19 Shortdawg Guard Rogue R7

Quote Originally Posted by Copenhagen View Post
    I have yet to see anyone counter this with something resembling clarity and logic.

How can people honestly justify what's going on right now with a straight face? Oh, they like being perched up in those lofty towers of easy street...without a care in the world. Must be nice.
    GO play those MMO's and leave the people who like this game alone to play this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    if i can't be happy no one can be happy!!!!!!!1111
    Quote Originally Posted by Gualtiero View Post
    It takes to long to clear trash and the boss is too hard! Nerf the whole raid!
    The dude playing that warrior is better than me! Nerf his whole class!
    The OP types the truth! Nerf his keyboard!
    Ladyfae Def Cleric R40 Bidnis Def Warrior R19 Shortdawg Guard Rogue R7

Quote Originally Posted by TheBidnis View Post
    So why aren't you playing those MMO's and instead playing Rift. Because those games s*cked arse thats why we are all HERE playing RIFT.
    As with all men, when it comes to women... eventually we're going to want to try new ones.

- Vybz
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

Ummm, take two warriors and chain fear the 4 healers. Then it's 4 dps vs 2 dps and you win.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    Ummm, take two warriors and chain fear the 4 healers. Then it's 4 dps vs 2 dps and you win.
    We don't use tactical thoughts in threads, only unrealistic situations with players that use 1 ability.
    Famaji - 50 Rogue
    Famage - 40 Mage
    The reason you have 4 souls is to provide negative feedback on all 4 at once, rather than focusing an educated feedback on 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Famaji View Post
    We don't use tactical thoughts in threads, only unrealistic situations with players that use 1 ability.
    Oh noes, break free + a DR. :: vroooooom! ::

- Vybz

Time to kill is too short, both health pools and especially mitigation is too weak
    Healing AND damage are too high.
    Mage - steel cannon
    Rogue - tin pistol
    Warrior - glass machine gun
    Cleric - adamantium machine gun

Shadowlander

If you take 6 Pyromancers, you kill everything. What's your point?

Btw, that's a pretty bad WoW comparison. I can't speak for your rated bg rank or arena rank, but that's not the case at all.

Why aren't any of your healers silencing? DPS interrupting? DPS ccing? etc... I bet you're one of those WoW rogues who would cheapshot, mutilate, envenom and be confused as to why your target isn't dead yet.

Soulwalker

---I actually enecountered something similar to this in a BG match that had yet to fill up. It was myself, a heal specced cleric, 2 other heal specced clerics and 3 dps. The opposing team had 2 clerics and the rest DPS. They happened to get the fang first and ended up pulling ahead with a 150+ point lead simply due to the fact we could not kill any of their members with 3 heal specced players gimping our DPS.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    Oh noes, break free + a DR. :: vroooooom! ::

- Vybz
    Trust me that 4 balanced dps players would be able to win that scenario as the 2 healers could easily keep the players up vs 2 dps.

And if the 4 healer team gets locked down at start and 4 dps team gets shard, how are 4 healers going to get the shard back with their dps constantly snared aoe'd etc?

just saying "HEALS DO TOO MUCH HEALING" doesn't mean you can't work around it.
    Famaji - 50 Rogue
    Famage - 40 Mage
    The reason you have 4 souls is to provide negative feedback on all 4 at once, rather than focusing an educated feedback on 1.

Rift Disciple

Dark Age of Camelot, let's see how did you put it... DID NOT "s*cked arse".

Something tells me that you've NEVER even played the game in your life.

Ascendant

DAoC sucked? No wonder you like Rift pvp.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast