+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Allow people to leave warfronts if playing against a premade

Shadowlander

Default Allow people to leave warfronts if playing against a premade

Meaning don't give them a deserter debuff. Pvp especially pre final bracket seems to be scarce. I don't like going up against a pre-made seeing as it's usually a slaughter and I just waste more time not having fun.

Allow us to leave and re-queue or give us an option to not play against premades. Say a sliding scale maybe such as 2-10+. Giving people an option to still fight groups, but at your discretion.

People are going to make pre-mades that's fine, but give others an option too. I don't feel like being the sacrificial lamb ya know?

A comment, a question and a comment.

1) Premade queues don't work. Without filler bodies they don't pop correctly or fairly (in order of queueing) due to odd numbering.
    2) Why not make your own team?
    3) Have fun playing, regardless of winning. Do your best and make the most of your time.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by exLupo View Post
    A comment, a question and a comment.

1) Premade queues don't work. Without filler bodies they don't pop correctly or fairly (in order of queueing) due to odd numbering.
    2) Why not make your own team?
    3) Have fun playing, regardless of winning. Do your best and make the most of your time.
    Premade groups work just fine. I run into the same 3-4 clowns always grouped together and camping spawnpoints, and they do have a huge effect on the outcome.

General of Telara

People will leave when behind just assuming a pre-made whether there is one or not.

Although I understand how frustrating it is to be beat by pre-made groups over and over, the only real solution is to join a guild that has premades. I don't think you can completely fill a Warfront with just premades, I think some solos have to be added to balance both sides.

It is not a single player game, regardless of what the voices may have told you.

Plane Touched

"1 is a smaller number than 2 therefore we shouldn't use numbers"
    Famaji - 50 Rogue
    Famage - 40 Mage
    The reason you have 4 souls is to provide negative feedback on all 4 at once, rather than focusing an educated feedback on 1.

You do know what happens when people can just leave a warfront at any time with no penalty, right? "Oh, we're losing, I'm going to bail and find a warfront where we're winning". Then the next poor slob in the queue gets into the already losing game that you just abandoned, looks at the score and leaves. Repeat several times and this kills any chance of coming back and pisses off all the people who took your original place. It doesn't fix the premade "problem" it exacerbates it.

For reference, look at the city sieges in Warhammer Online. That scenario is exactly what happened.
    Last edited by Ryvn; 04-20-2011 at 12:05 PM.

Banned

If they did that then premades would just start dodging the other premades.

Quote Originally Posted by Pathios View Post
    Meaning don't give them a deserter debuff. Pvp especially pre final bracket seems to be scarce. I don't like going up against a pre-made seeing as it's usually a slaughter and I just waste more time not having fun.

Allow us to leave and re-queue or give us an option to not play against premades. Say a sliding scale maybe such as 2-10+. Giving people an option to still fight groups, but at your discretion.

People are going to make pre-mades that's fine, but give others an option too. I don't feel like being the sacrificial lamb ya know?
    Please refer to http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...42#post2207442

for further discussion and consolidation of inputs.

Simple fix, force pre-made groups to queue against other pre-made groups. Give them additional incentive for doing so. Problem solved.

GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 RotP 4/4 HK 10/11
    Pvp rank 8 Rogue - Age of Aggression.
    www.resultgaming.com

Quote Originally Posted by Notnice View Post
    If they did that then premades would just start dodging the other premades.
    this is not what happened in warhammer. as a previous poster stated, the pugs would abandon instances, it was not uncommon to have 100+ individual pugs pass through a 25 man instance vs a premade in city sieges.

the premades, when they encountered eachother in such instances, got their game on and fun times ensued.
    some of the most memorable gaming moments i've ever had occured in such instances with premade warbands vs premade warbands.
    there is much glory and enhancements to epeen to be gained from such premade vs premade fights, the PvPers realy go for that kinda thing. (not that there is anything wrong with that).
    even the smaller scale scenarios (=warfronts) of warhammer the premades preffered to fight other premades.

Or you could just man up and have a go.
    Guild Leader of Serenity on Bloodiron EU PvP
    I blog at http://stabbedup.blogspot.com/

Rift Disciple

Lemme give you an example of my WF run last night after work. And this is with the debuff.

Sat in Queue for 22 min...got in when someone dropped in Codex...score 976 - 318, losing. Was in the match less than 45 second before it ended. Wasted 23 minutes.

Exited match, entered queue again. Sat in queue for 36 minutes...got in when someone dropped from Whitefall...got in there down 2-0 with them less than 200 yrds away from the last capture. Was in the match MAYBE 1 minute before it ended. Wasted 37 minutes.

Exited the match and reentered the queue again. Sat in queue 18 minutes...got in when someone dropped from Black Garden...entered match at 456-33, losing, and them with the fang. Ran off the spawn point and before I reached the center of the map it ended. Waste of 19 minutes.

Gave up and went to watch TV for the last hour before I had to go to bed for work today. All total, people like you who want a free run if your losing...have cost me personally well over 8 days of play time after work already. If I could shoot you in real life I probably would at this point. And if they ever remove the debuff for leaving a match, I might just have to start looking for some of you.

If you leave a match early, and SCREW over someone else who has been waiting in Queue forever, you deserve at LEAST a 15 minute debuff. SO you are forced to waste just as much time as the person you f'ed over when you left the match near the end. Its only fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Azlidax View Post
    Premade groups work just fine.
    I meant the queue and team assembly math. 5+4+3 >10. Stuff like that. It isn't absolute and the bigger the player cap the more flexible but if the match is 1 player from starting you'll have to wait for 2+ on yours and a matching size on the other to reach the minimum.

It's just a pain. Mixing premade and solo means a larger and more flexible pool. Faster queues for everyone. That leads to more fights and even solo players gearing and learning faster. win/win
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    this is not what happened in warhammer. as a previous poster stated, the pugs would abandon instances, it was not uncommon to have 100+ individual pugs pass through a 25 man instance vs a premade in city sieges.

the premades, when they encountered eachother in such instances, got their game on and fun times ensued.
    some of the most memorable gaming moments i've ever had occured in such instances with premade warbands vs premade warbands.
    there is much glory and enhancements to epeen to be gained from such premade vs premade fights, the PvPers realy go for that kinda thing. (not that there is anything wrong with that).
    even the smaller scale scenarios (=warfronts) of warhammer the premades preffered to fight other premades.
    That's not true, and you know it. It happened, but it was only when those premades were already geared.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast