+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: which pvp soul for my wife?

Shadowlander

Default which pvp soul for my wife?

Hello

My wife just started playing pvp last night (ranger/marksman) In her heart she is a sword and board, tough as nails, hits things with sticks and not magic barbarian type from the everquest days. (although she also likes stealthy assassin types)

I want to make sure she is having fun by increasing her survivability, giving her ways to prevent cc from ruining her day all the time, and to make sure she can wack on stuff. (charge/gap closers/whatever)

Can you suggest a soul combination and possible build? More concerned about it being a straight forward build then then min/max. So far I was looking at Champ/Pala or maybe Champ/VK

thanks (I'll be playing cleric or bard with her in pvp)

Gratz on having an awesome wife!

CC is a major part of PvP in this game...and the higher the levels, the more CC becomes prevalent. There is no escaping it, really.

Just forewarning you there.

The rest I will leave to someone who knows more about warrior classes to answer.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

The fun thing is she can switch roles in a matter of seconds.

I'd recommend trying out maining champion or riftblade first to get a feel for things.
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

You won't get much survivabilty from a warrior, sorry.

Justicar / inquisitor is the way to go for pvp tank.
    Mage - steel cannon
    Rogue - tin pistol
    Warrior - glass machine gun
    Cleric - adamantium machine gun

Telaran

Say no more, man. I got a solid spec for your wife.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...0dcMGtz.EMozoo

This spec has survivability, as well as solid dps output. It's sword & board based. The key point about this spec though is it's ability to shut down casters/healers and no need for a pvp soul, per se, because you can effectively get out of just about anything anybody can throw at you. Not to mention you can be teleporting and charging from place to place so it pretty much guarantees nobody is getting away from you.

If you see a cleric healing his little heart out just turn to him, snare him with frost armor, start wailing on him, and silence when he's dipped in health some. Silence wears off, then throw your hammer to stun for 3 seconds. Interrupt any casting after that stun wears out and your silence should be back up really quickly to toss it on him again. If he manages to get off a heal or two, it won't be the end of the world because he'll pretty much have -50% heals on him the whole time (assuming you crit reliably, ie stack crit and/or dex).

Soulwalker

i have been having fun with RB/reaver/vind and RB/VK/vind, with a ~30/~30 spread (vindicator for break free obv.) both get me about 6k health in t1 pvp gear, which is decent.

RB/reaver boasts some dots,ranged attacks and a gap closer with riftwalk, and some good self healing. infestation hits for 1k min, and combined with the dots and the dmg abilities from RB, you can deal pretty good dmg.

RB/vk is an anti-caster spec which i have fallen in love with. after about 10 seconds, your target will be out of mana and unable to cast anything. with 2 6 second silences, casters pose little threat (xcept pyros in turret mode) again, the dmg from RB is good (and you also get riftwalk), and VK has some interesting utilities as well, like a pull (riftsummon, which is amazing for killing enemies that are trying to escape.
    Dago - 50 Bahmi Warrior || Olive - 50 Eth Mage ~ Sagespire EU (PvP)

Quote Originally Posted by krilly View Post
    You won't get much survivabilty from a warrior, sorry.

Justicar / inquisitor is the way to go for pvp tank.
    Leaving the rediculous nature of your build\statement alone, the OP is asking for builds for ROGUE.

Quote Originally Posted by CericX View Post
    Leaving the rediculous nature of your build\statement alone, the OP is asking for builds for ROGUE.
    No, the wife is currently a rogue, but wants to be a warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by CericX View Post
    ROFL

Sometimes, the foot inserts itself without any help.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

And krilly is right, if you're looking for tough as nails, you will be disappointed in warrior pvp.

Soulwalker

I can't give you an exact spec but I think you should be looking for a nightblade/assasin spec.

Goodluck!

RB/Pld listed above is a current favorite for flexibility and survival (lot of control and survival skills) but not super exciting on damage. It's also got a fair bit of fireball pew-pew that may turn the little lady off. I'd say make sure she subs Vindicator as it gives substantial PvP defense passives, a cc break and guard so she can reduce damage you are taking.

It really depends on what she wants to do. If she wants to smash faces and cause high burst murder then she'll be sacrificing survival and control for it. If she wants to control and protect then her damage slider will go down. Does she want to be the focus of enemy aggression or does she want to go in with someone else who is scarier and support?
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Vihar View Post
    ROFL

Sometimes, the foot inserts itself without any help.
    Yes it does. I got irritated at the post regarding PVP tanking with a cleric Just\Inq and shut off brain. My bad, point stands "Not a Cleric".

Since pve driven reaver / pala nerfs

Justicar / inquisitor is THE pvp tank

You can't pvp tank as a warrior or a rogue, you sort if can as a mage though . You can use tank souls in your build yes, vk for anti casters, pala for rdps / cc coupled with rb, wl as off soul for cc. But you cant pvp tank as a warrior pushing into enemy lines and being a damage soak.

Warrior mitigation is only useful vs other warriors and some rogues.
    Mage - steel cannon
    Rogue - tin pistol
    Warrior - glass machine gun
    Cleric - adamantium machine gun

Quote Originally Posted by krilly View Post
    Since pve driven reaver / pala nerfs

Justicar / inquisitor is THE pvp tank

You can't pvp tank as a warrior or a rogue, you sort if can as a mage though . You can use tank souls in your build yes, vk for anti casters, pala for rdps / cc coupled with rb, wl as off soul for cc. But you cant pvp tank as a warrior pushing into enemy lines and being a damage soak.

Warrior mitigation is only useful vs other warriors and some rogues.
    You are out of your mind. Templar+... nevermind, it is offtopic. If you wish to persue it, go to any of the 5-6 threads open on it currently.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast