+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What This Game Needs In Terms of PvP

Default What This Game Needs In Terms of PvP

Ok, Im sure plenty of people have said this previously, but I just want to Restate what needs to happen...

1. Warfronts needs a game mode where all you need to do is KILL, aka "Team Deathmatch" basically have a rotation on maps so your not in the same zone over and over and over, and set it up for like 15v15 first team to get 200 kills wins, or just most kills 10 mins something like that... I mean if you think of it for those who play some xbox or ps3 every now and again the most popular game modes are TDM...

2. They need to create a zone that is just hilly grass land with some trees and broken castles and just have Zero or very little mobs (lvl 50 zone only) have two major castles and a few defending outposts/towers/small towns, scatterd around and this would result in.. you guessed it ORVR.. By far the most saught after thing by the majority of (GOOD) pvp players...

3. A leaderboard would be sweet!

4. How about a guild v guild warfront?? requires 8-10 players from your guild, to go up against someone else's guild in diffrent scenario's, basically have it random one match youll get TDM, next match you might get CTF and just switch between them.. You could even creat alliances between guilds so you could mix and match between a few guilds, but keep it to like 3-4 guilds per alliance, that way you wouldnt be waiting for ever to get a match.. (more for elite players who actually play with people they know insted of joining PUG wf's.)

That's the MAJORITY of what this game could use, with minor tweaks here and there, but I personally would love to see things like this happen from trion!

Do you agree ??
    Dont Hate The Player, Hate The Game!

Collision detection
    Original los rules (ok when you have cd)
    Ability for warriors to tank in pvp I.e guard is permenant toggle, Reworking wl as a cc soul, vk letting you block magic damage for points invested rather than end buff.
    More survivabilty, longer time to kill
    Lower damage
    Lower healing
    Reworking of WFs into a bomb delivery rather ctf map
    Reworking of BG so that flag resets immediately on death of player, randomly in one of the 2 temples, but starts in the middle and scores higher when brought to the middle
    Reworking of pos into a tf2 style point domination map

And finally, and prepared to wait for it to be done right.

A big rvr zone for level 50s, make it 6 sided by having guilds declare for a planar faction. Have 6 big keeps. Numerous other objectives like smaller keeps, towers, graveyarfs siege works etc.. so it suits both zerg, raid group and party group alike. Possibly an open pvp dungeon you can unlock by holding enough territory.
    Mage - steel cannon
    Rogue - tin pistol
    Warrior - glass machine gun
    Cleric - adamantium machine gun

Oh and guild prestige ranked tied into doing pvp activities as a guild..
    Mage - steel cannon
    Rogue - tin pistol
    Warrior - glass machine gun
    Cleric - adamantium machine gun

you almost sound like DoAC open RvR.

in-large some of the BG. I been looking at it, you have better PvE gear then you do RvR gear. If you can have 2 soul sets. Example PvE set and RvR set. Would be great to have RvR gear go along with it.

I do not know if you meant this but that would be great! If you win a RvR/BG match the winning side has the option to do an insta for RvR gear. It will do 2 things. Encourage everyone to work together to win and take the winning team out of RvR role for 15-20 mins and give the other side a change to win and go into the insta. Warhammer had something like this.

well Daoc orvr was pretty much TOP NOTCH if you ask me..
    Dont Hate The Player, Hate The Game!

+ Reply to Thread