+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Explosive PVP

Soulwalker

Post Explosive PVP

MMO creaters have seen the success of Call of Duty, what with the millions who play it every single day who wouldn't.

It appears to me they have tried to implement that type of gameplay into MMO format and now we have Warfronts. I walked away from that game exactly because it was a solo game you just happened to be playing with 15 other people at the same time. I want a pvp setting that is just as complicated and thought out as my raids! I want the leaders telling groups of thirty people where to go and who to kill first, not ten people trying to capture a fang with nobody talking. (or thinking)

That being said I was told never to complain about somethign unless you had an idea for something better.

One instanced zone across a grouping of servers. This will take some number crunching and probably end up with 3-4 servers using the same instanced zone.
    This zone will never reset and every part of it is capturable including pvp quest areas, castles with Npc inside defending, and then of course you add in Rifts. Invasions that can target groups of players, or even powerful enough to take out a castle. All while groups of highly organized players run around trying to stop the rifts and each other from taking the whole map.

Pvp quest areas will offer quests that will give points to spend on potions/armour/whatever used in the area. They could also provide npc buffs to castles and send out attack waves to help capture the next area!

In this kind of PVP (with rewards that are only usable in this zone) players will nearly auto balance the numbers on both sides. I would stop caring about the points needed to get a new piece of armour I would care more about getting into a good fight! As would many others
    This is the type of pvp gameplay i have been waiting for. This is the type of gameplay that will give you fans that will play pvp ...for pvp's sake people and that will never leave this game.

MMO's will never duplicate the sucess of Consol games to attract millions of players, these games have to be reinvented every year! seriously how many call of duty games are there?!!! lol

Almost all of the game mechanics are already in place the only thing needed to create is the zone itself!

P.S. I have cut myself short on this if it sounds like sombody rambling im sorry lol

P.S.S
    Again please ...please ...get away from Warfronts like many others have said they take away the fun of pvp in a MMO......though they might be ok for people who just came from and will soon go back to Call of duty.

Soulwalker

If you make it through all that and have serious questions please post them i would love to argue about the idea
    ...argue ...not flame...

sadly, this is the one aspect of pvp i see requested most. But it constantly gets ignored and I have no idea as to why.

Ask anyone what the best aspect of DAoC was... RvR.

A static zone, with keeps and mobs and all kinds of possible ****.

Warhammer tried to make RvR 2.0 and failed hardcored because they did not retain the same forumla daoc used.

I would like to repeat myself and ask WHY more mmo devs are using this dumbed down, watered down, "Scenario/Warfront/WoW BG" ********.

ruins games, kills servers, turns them into ghost towns.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Bonapartejisons View Post
    Again please ...please ...get away from Warfronts like many others have said they take away the fun of pvp in a MMO......though they might be ok for people who just came from and will soon go back to Call of duty.
    Thread title: I'm bad at PvP and like CoD better.

Now, accept your flames for your dumb post.
    Famaji - 50 Rogue
    Famage - 40 Mage
    The reason you have 4 souls is to provide negative feedback on all 4 at once, rather than focusing an educated feedback on 1.

Rift Master

Thumbs up

Good post.

Personally i played DAoC from release until Rift came out. I LOVED 8v8, but i also enjoyed leading relic raids as well. It was very fun to have to coordinate multiple groups to do various tasks in order to complete the goal (block reinforcements, take out a tower and place trebs, main group on door, stealther group inside with 2nd ram, etc etc).

I also enjoyed the group vs group pvp instance in Aion Dredgion. You COULD just 6v6 (oh man, i dont even remember the group size lol) up top in the first room all day, or you could try a variety of strategies in taking the surkanas, including the normal crawl through while killing, hit your enemy from behind while they are crawling, or my favorite, the run through the entire thing training all of the mobs behind you taking out surkanas and eventually hitting the enemy dying and leaving all of the mobs on them.

Sure there were flaws in both of those games, but their PvP systems were unique/fun.

I think Rift's current WFs have potential at times, but for the most part i have to agree with the OP. Even Port Scion is reduced to take bridge/church and run shards 90-100% of the time.

More options, more complicated, MORE FUN.
    Lewk- Prestige Rank 50 Rogue of Sunrest

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Bonapartejisons View Post
    If you make it through all that and have serious questions please post them i would love to argue about the idea
    ...argue ...not flame...
    ^ Attracts trolls and flamers.

Even though I enjoy the idea, you have to realize that you aren't the first to think of it, and your idea is very very unimaginative...

You basically took another game, and then said "add rifts to it." Wooo, breakthrough.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

+ Reply to Thread