+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Don't expect Cleric nerfs just yet.

Default Don't expect Cleric nerfs just yet.

For Trion to nerf Clerics, they will have to tune all PvE encounters to compensate for lack of healing or create different values for skills used in PvP.

Both options are extremely time consuming.

Also. Anyone asking Cleric nerfs is okay with PvP influencing their PvE encounters, which also means that you are okay with arenas affecting the balance of this game.

Clerics won't get nerfed, if anything they'll get buffed. People saying clerics are OP are either trolling, or legitimately r.e.t.a.r.d-ed, or offended their FOTM class is already scheduled to be nerfed and throwing a tantrum by projecting their inadequecies on other people.
    Last edited by Sinndel; 04-20-2011 at 06:49 AM.

Plane Touched
    Famaji - 50 Rogue
    Famage - 40 Mage
    The reason you have 4 souls is to provide negative feedback on all 4 at once, rather than focusing an educated feedback on 1.

I have never felt overpowered as a cleric. Far from that tbh.. .

Quote Originally Posted by Iros Styx View Post
    I have never felt overpowered as a cleric. Far from that tbh.. .
    You're not really. People are just amazed when someone actually heals and it makes them jelly.

Quote Originally Posted by WarTornPanda View Post
    You're not really. People are just amazed when someone actually heals and it makes them jelly.
    Sadly, you are wrong. Cleric survivability in pvp far exceeds that of fully defensive specced warriors. Something has to give (buff one or nerf the other) but when you compare the two its a joke.

Funnily most clerics response to this is "Defensive specced warriors arent supposed to be used in pvp"

To that i say "says who?"

Plane Touched

For Trion to nerf Clerics, they will have to tune all PvE encounters to compensate for lack of healing or create different values for skills used in PvP.

Also. Anyone asking Cleric nerfs is okay with PvP influencing their PvE encounters, which also means that you are okay with arenas affecting the balance of this game.
    Great theory, if the problems with clerics in pvp were actually about heal numbers.

Its about to much damage mitigation, its about bugged abilities, its about the casting setback nerf that stupidly occurred in 1.1 and generally not enough interrupt abilities on melee souls.

Clerics need to be hard to kill, otherwise you would just get steam rolled trying to do your job in PvP, I have no issues if I cannot ever kill a cleric that is using all the tools as his/her disposal to keep me from killing them which includes positioning, kiting, support, cc and other utility. What I have issue with is that someone can stand in one spot, doing nothing but spamming a single heal over and over again and be very hard to kill.

not really you can just buff healing reduction abilities, easy fix and can be applied to players only so zero affect on PvE. Sorry Mr. Cleric.
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 04-20-2011 at 07:29 AM.

Plane Touched

A healing spec cleric will heal, a dps spec cleric will dps. That is all everyone wants.
    No need to nerf healing, infact as a healer in pve u sit back and heal.
    In pvp you get beaten up, and there is where they will make the change. No more godmode.

Also, let me add, one thing is for sure.. If they do not nerf clerics ,expect soon server merges and some servers to be closed.
    Not everyone is a pvE freak and do trust , the pvP community is vast and tired of this ****.
    The majority are silent, they dont come on the forum and whine or make valid point they simply log onto Trion and unsub, before you or any other uneducated monkey comes in here saying good riddance, I would like you all to remember that no MMO stays alive without a player base. So yes, they do need everyone for both pvp and pve, if they can`t make everyone happy well... Their problem. As customer we go and buy what we want with our money where we like it the most and if this store does not have what it takes I am pretty sure there are other stores more interested in our subscriptions.
    Last edited by Playahr; 04-20-2011 at 07:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristoph View Post
    I think everyone already stopped expecting Trion to be even remotely competent when it comes to PvP balance.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Nuum View Post
    Great theory, if the problems with clerics in pvp were actually about heal numbers.

Its about to much damage mitigation, its about bugged abilities, its about the casting setback nerf that stupidly occurred in 1.1 and generally not enough interrupt abilities on melee souls.

Clerics need to be hard to kill, otherwise you would just get steam rolled trying to do your job in PvP, I have no issues if I cannot ever kill a cleric that is using all the tools as his/her disposal to keep me from killing them which includes positioning, kiting, support, cc and other utility. What I have issue with is that someone can stand in one spot, doing nothing but spamming a single heal over and over again and be very hard to kill.
    Well said.

There is a fun little theory going around amongst clerics that their survivability is due to their superior skill, and that the 3-4 dps classes wailing on them are bads.

Reality:

Pick up group cleric > Pick up group dps

Arranged team Cleric > Arranged team dps

Arranged team dps > pick up group cleric

at the moment pyros are simply destroying anyone they come across in a facerolling macro.

once pyros are nerfed, we will see more rogues and warriors surviving enough to actually have an impact on the battlefield. now if just 5% of them learn to specc for CC and healing debuffs, clerics wont be that hard.

so yep, I dont think a cleric nerf is needed. just nerf pyros already

I do not want pvp healing clerics nerfed, I just want them to Admit publically on these boards their Easy-mode status.

Like a signature saying "I play a pvp healing cleric and I roll my face to the victory!"
    Last edited by Atreiu; 04-20-2011 at 07:41 AM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

+ Reply to Thread