+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Please adjust clerics or boost all dps/healing debuffs across the board

Default Please adjust clerics or boost all dps/healing debuffs across the board

Was in a port scion yesterday and both sides had a good balance of healers and dps. Nobody could kill anybody. It was just a stupid standoff where even if 10+ people were focusing on one person they couldnt be killed due to direct and splash/spam heals. It was completely boring and frustrating.

Then in codex if there are 3 healers and ~3 dps at a node and you only have 1 even if you bring 9+ people unless you immediately get 3+ people on each healer and burst them all down simultaenously you are going to lose.

And it's not just how strong healing is, they never seem to go OOM either.

It's frustrating. And yea it goes both ways if our side has moer healers it's just a steam roll sit at their spawn point and afk becuase they know its pointless and wont even come down. Regardless of how much dps and focus fire they have they will maybe drop one person, but if the healers are good and switch to their focus fire target they wont die.

This is all becoming worse due to the warrior nerfs, and then when they nerf pyros will be even worse without an adjustment to healing.
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 04-20-2011 at 05:05 AM.

Working as intended, learn to play.
    Last edited by Sinndel; 04-20-2011 at 05:06 AM.

Please do this. But while we are at it, can we rename game to Counter-Strike Source. Also make sure you show the entrance to every Dungeon to healing clerics so they can camp the spot.

P.S. Healing is fine. % damage reduction is not.
    Last edited by Shaynaro; 04-20-2011 at 05:11 AM.

Soulwalker

Agree w/ Rottweiller. The healers in pvp are broken and need to be nerfed. Good luck if Black Garden if the other side has at least 3 healers. Pretty much a guaranteed loss. I truly enjoy Rift but the healers have gone the same way as the healers from WOW - they can't be killed. I was wondering why the queues were taking about 5 minutes to join where 1 month ago it was less then 1 minute (actually less then 30 secs). Ran a few BG's and I saw no less then 2 healers per side. In one BG, Defia had 5 healers! Five! Needless to say, that was a whooping we got. I see now that the community that pvp's has left for now leaving WF's dead. Thank you healers. Ya killed a rather fun pvp experience while it lasted. Good luck to Trion and the community. I'll be back when pvp is playable again.

Ascendant

This would have to correspond with a rather HEFTY reduction in the duration of stuns, silences, fears etc..

I used to heal in wfs but i got less favor than the dps, i constantly got shot down first & spent half my fight in a cc or out of mana.. It just wasn't fun..

Oh and where is my ranged disarm on spell cast ability.. Melee have a silence on ranged attack i want similar..

But seriously a healer specced solely into heals is rather squishy.. and clerics have very few self cc counters and those we do are on long cooldowns
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

With 14 ways to reduce healing, and the fact damage output is far, far greater than healing output, FOUR TIMES greater than healing, you're making things up, or you don't understand this game.

Any three people can focus down any one person no matter what. With spike damage as high as 5000DPS, and can be sustained for 3-6 seconds, if you're having issues with killing Clerics, get better gear, and choose a better spec.

Learn how to use AE CC, and spike out healers.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Plane Touched

Have you not read the other 10 posts about people crying about clerics? holy ****. IF THERES 10 CLERICS VS 200 ROGUES CLERICS WILL WIN BECAUZ DEY ARE OP !! NOT BECUZ WE SUCKS!
    Famaji - 50 Rogue
    Famage - 40 Mage
    The reason you have 4 souls is to provide negative feedback on all 4 at once, rather than focusing an educated feedback on 1.

If Clerics are so overpowered, why do you have 3-5 healers in Port Scion, out of a total of 40 players? Why is there always more rogues, warriors, and mages?

Everyone here crying about Clerics would be here crying that damage is too high if they played a Cleric.

Pathethic.
    Last edited by Visions; 04-20-2011 at 06:40 AM.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Champion of Telara

fix DR% stacking, leave healing alone. if heals get reduced, warfronts are going to devolve into dps attrition wars with everyone dying, and you'll still think clerics are op because they'll still be the only ones running around with 70% damage reduction.
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    If Clerics are so overpowered, why do you have 3-5 healers in Port Scion, out of a total of 40 players? Why is there always more rogues, warriors, and mages?

Everyone here crying about Clerics would be here crying that damage is too high if they played a Cleric.

Pathethic.
    what does that have to do with anything? Healers are always the least played classes in any mmo regardless of how underpowered or overpowered they are.

And all you need is 3-5 healers sitting between the bridge and church in port scion and you will never lose, if you do your healers suck.
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 04-20-2011 at 07:27 AM.

Champion of Telara

You have absolutely no idea how weak single target healing actually is. Your pugs are NOT focus firing at all, that's why you're not killing anything.
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

Shadowlander

Why don't people interrupt in this game? There seems to be CC a plenty, but as a Cleric I've had numerous warriors or assassins on me as I hard cast a healing spell and manage to get it off.

Yea, there have been situations where I can sit there and heal through the dmg of 3 PvPers because no one seems to interrupt... but then there are times when I'm more of a liability to my team where all I do is get cc'd, interrupted, targeted at first sight, etc...

Now that more people are utilizing their basic class mechanics, you see less and less healing clerics. We get less favor, and can't even control our characters the majority of the time.

But yea, I still come across those bad PvPers (who I seem to be plagued with on Guardian side as well) who don't interrupt me.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by shenghu View Post
    Why don't people interrupt in this game? There seems to be CC a plenty, but as a Cleric I've had numerous warriors or assassins on me as I hard cast a healing spell and manage to get it off.

Yea, there have been situations where I can sit there and heal through the dmg of 3 PvPers because no one seems to interrupt... but then there are times when I'm more of a liability to my team where all I do is get cc'd, interrupted, targeted at first sight, etc...

Now that more people are utilizing their basic class mechanics, you see less and less healing clerics. We get less favor, and can't even control our characters the majority of the time.

But yea, I still come across those bad PvPers (who I seem to be plagued with on Guardian side as well) who don't interrupt me.
    LOL THIS SPELL DOES NOT DO DAMAGE *drags off bar*
    Famaji - 50 Rogue
    Famage - 40 Mage
    The reason you have 4 souls is to provide negative feedback on all 4 at once, rather than focusing an educated feedback on 1.

Banned

Was in a port scion yesterday and both sides had a good balance of healers and dps. Nobody could kill anybody. It was just a stupid standoff where even if 10+ people were focusing on one person they couldnt be killed....

Stopped here because you are liar.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    what does that have to do with anything? Healers are always the least played classes in any mmo regardless of how underpowered or overpowered they are.

And all you need is 3-5 healers sitting between the bridge and church in port scion and you will never lose, if you do your healers suck.
    I regularly heal 600K on port scion, and I have lost when we had this spot due to my team needing to L2P.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast