+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WTF people!?! Nerf this, nerf that?

Angry WTF people!?! Nerf this, nerf that?

I can't believe the hysteria in these threads man!

So warriors needed nerfs, then sabos, then pyro mages were the target of choice, now It's clerics self heals and some fools now attacking Necro/locks!?!?

At what point does it stop? Will some of you never be happy until every class but YOUR favorite gets nerfed? People complaining about being one shotted while in the same thread say clerics live too long all while complaining about rogue stuns? WTF!?! Now we got fools saying how they can beat almost anyone in 1v1 but since they have a problem with locks and Necros then something is wrong and the nerf Gods must be prayed too? Cause you have a counter? Someone call Obama cause there might be ONE class you have problems with!?!

I fully expect to kick some tail and get mine kicked in the process but some of you freaking selfish little whiners will not be happy till you are /God mode and it's getting freaking old. I know it's old and cliched but seriously, L2P!!!
    Last edited by Monarrch; 04-20-2011 at 12:44 AM.

Telaran

Characters of equal skill/gear are not intended to kill 3-4 people in a row (well I hope not). When a character is able to do that multiple times I believe their spec/gear/etc needs to be looked at to see what can be done to fix the situation. I also believe things should be nerfed instead of others being buffed.

With that being said, nerf them clerics to the ground!

Quote Originally Posted by Layuth View Post
    Characters of equal skill/gear are not intended to kill 3-4 people in a row (well I hope not). When a character is able to do that multiple times I believe their spec/gear/etc needs to be looked at to see what can be done to fix the situation. I also believe things should be nerfed instead of others being buffed.

With that being said, nerf them clerics to the ground!
    Yeah and the next person will say when a character is two shotting you, they need to be looked at, when a character is stun locking you they need to be looked at, when someone is healing themselves while doing damage they need to be looked at..... All i see are people that get beat by a class that has an advantage over theirs and they can't handle it, you included. I for one don't have an issue with clerics and kill them all the time while assassins eat me alive and you know what, I love it! L2P!
    Last edited by Monarrch; 04-20-2011 at 01:04 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Monarrch View Post
    Yeah and the next person will say when a character is two shotting you, they need to be looked at, when a character is stun locking you they need to be looked at, when someone is healing themselves while doing damage they need to be looked at..... All i see are people that get beat by a class that has an advantage over theirs and they can't handle it, you included. I for one don't have an issue with clerics and kill them all the time while assassins eat me alive and you know what, I love it! L2P!
    You sound like you agree with Gersh's mentality of "A balanced game is a not so fun game". BTW, that mentality sucks monkey nuts. Just sayin.

Sure one calling has an advantage over another but with imbalance some callings are at an impossible impasse. That needs fixed. You will always have whiners that want 1 button wins over everybody but when some things are definitely not right they need fixed. If you think a game will be balanced and polished after a month or two you are quite the fool.

You sound like you agree with Gersh's mentality of "A balanced game is a not so fun game". BTW, that mentality sucks monkey nuts. Just sayin.

Sure one calling has an advantage over another but with imbalance some callings are at an impossible impasse. That needs fixed. You will always have whiners that want 1 button wins over everybody but when some things are definitely not right they need fixed. If you think a game will be balanced and polished after a month or two you are quite the fool.
    This game is a grp pvp based experience. If you can't figure that out just by looking at some of the acutely specialized trees then you are more than a fool. You cannot balance pvp for 1v1 in this environment, it is impossible. The whole premise of counter classes is the essence of grp play. Now if you can stack just one class and steamroll any other grp then I'll agree with you but I don't think that is the case. There is more crying in these forums for more classes than just pyro mages and that shows that it's just people who play a class that have trouble with another class, not everyone screaming about one class alone.

Telaran

This game is a grp pvp based experience. If you can't figure that out just by looking at some of the acutely specialized trees then you are more than a fool. You cannot balance pvp for 1v1 in this environment, it is impossible. The whole premise of counter classes is the essence of grp play. Now if you can stack just one class and steamroll any other grp then I'll agree with you but I don't think that is the case. There is more crying in these forums for more classes than just pyro mages and that shows that it's just people who play a class that have trouble with another class, not everyone screaming about one class alone.
    The mentality of NOT balancing around 1v1 and instead of balancing around group is EXACTLY what makes queued warfronts total garbage. When healing trumps all, you are left with a crap taste in your mouth when you see the other side has 3 healers and your side has 1. So basically at that point you just tell yourself to enjoy the face smashing you are about to receive. Unacceptable IMO.

The mentality of NOT balancing around 1v1 and instead of balancing around group is EXACTLY what makes queued warfronts total garbage. When healing trumps all, you are left with a crap taste in your mouth when you see the other side has 3 healers and your side has 1. So basically at that point you just tell yourself to enjoy the face smashing you are about to receive. Unacceptable IMO.
    Wait, so because they have more healers they shouldn't have an advantage?!?! Really? Yeah, I'm done with talking to you cause you have no sense at all.

Sov

I think the only thing that needs to be changed/fixed is channeling spells and their range and Line of Sight. That's the only BS thing about Necro/locks. You can get a slap in the face from Soul Drain and you could run to the end of the Earth and that is still ticking away at you. THAT needs fixing. I can see why people would want Soul Drain fixing because it does do ALOT of damge + healing. But I couldn't care about that really

And I play a Rogue! OMFG DA STEALTH HAXX OP'NESS OF DAT!

Telaran

Wait, so because they have more healers they shouldn't have an advantage?!?! Really? Yeah, I'm done with talking to you cause you have no sense at all.
    ...and there we have it folks, I play a healer, I AM SPECIAL.

Clerics will be next in line for the NERF, stop crying about it and just prepare for it.

Telaran

With all the stupid comments you've been making everywhere Monarch, you really do not play enough WFs.

Why should having more of one class give you an advantage? Yeah, that's right, because the casters are far better than the melee classes in WFs, period.

As I have said in some posts, be constructive wiht your posts. Say what you don't like, how it can be fixed, and not just take the "I got twoshotted by x, nerf them!". I agree with OP, they shouldn't nerf so much. They said they expected unbalance. I think that they need to have at least one OP specc in each calling, just to be fair :P

The only way you can perfectly balance PvP is to remove the ability to heal. Just remove it. None of that pesky healing going around to unbalance things.

You also have to make EVERY ability to do an equal amount of DPS, and give everyone the same HP. And make everything worth proportionately the same Energy/Mana Per DPS.

Then it goes purely to a person's skill.

But no one really wants to play that game.
    War may sometimes be a necessary evil. But no matter how necessary, it is always an evil, never a good. We will not learn how to live together in peace by killing each other's children. ~ Jimmy Carter

Actually, if I'm brutally honest...

Here's one: Stop making Black Garden so focused on having healers. Seriously. All you need in that round is healers. I could take 10 bards into that map over and over again and probably win all the time.

Who the hell takes DPS into that place anyway? You're completely worthless compared to just having healers.
    War may sometimes be a necessary evil. But no matter how necessary, it is always an evil, never a good. We will not learn how to live together in peace by killing each other's children. ~ Jimmy Carter

Soulwalker

and you only add to the "hysteria" by posting more about the "hysteria"
    writting in "General Discussion" is like participating in the special olympics, even if you win, you`re still ******ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyreheart View Post
    The only way you can perfectly balance PvP is to remove the ability to heal. Just remove it. None of that pesky healing going around to unbalance things.

You also have to make EVERY ability to do an equal amount of DPS, and give everyone the same HP. And make everything worth proportionately the same Energy/Mana Per DPS.

Then it goes purely to a person's skill.

But no one really wants to play that game.
    Exactly. People don't want balance, they just don't realize it! A truely balanced game would be so damn boring people would be dropping faster than some people claim they are right now! But I'm stupid and make stupid comments according to one tool.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast