+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do Guadians win all WF's?

Default Why do Guadians win all WF's?

Simple question.

I've checked most of the popular servers and at every level Guardians win the vast majority of WF's. Defiant seems to have instant ques because most people that pvp in WF's have rerolled Guardian. Obviously, this has nothing to do with open world PvP. I am just curious about the WF situation, it seems even worse than it was a few weeks ago.

Has everyone just given up on Defiant? Do I have to roll a Guardian toon just to be carried like the rest? Or is this a problem that the Devs can address? When every server seems to have the same issue, it seems to me that the failing is on the part of the Devs, not the players.

The answer here is obvious.

We are the chosen ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Razyr View Post
    The answer here is obvious.

We are the chosen ones.
    Only the best for the Gods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Dwarves

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is it true there is Arabic text in the Defiant's banner?
    Last edited by Protokill; 04-19-2011 at 08:25 PM.

For reasons I have been unable to figure out people who play Guardian are able to actually play as a team and follow directions.

sadly, they don't on my cluster at 50. or a lot of guardians are played by sheeps. I dunno...
    Last edited by Gray; 04-19-2011 at 08:37 PM.

Seriously. This is a problem that seems to be getting worse.

I thought at first things would even out over time, but most defiant that want to do WF's are rerolling guardian so they can get easy wins. And many other players have given up on WF's altogether. That is a huge portion of the game just wasted for a large segment of the playerbase.

The PvE game is fun but it gets boring after a while. WF's are not supposed to be dominated by one side accross all servers. That indicates that the devs have failed in some basic way. Many Defiant players have given up on WF's, if those same players then decide that the PvE is also pointless then they will give up on Rift.

I would like Rift to be successful. I think this is an issue that needs to be dealt with. Perhaps it is finally time to separate premades from pugs, a situation that has been complained about accross many games, for many years. Only in Rift, it seems to be worse than ever.
    Last edited by Grim1; 04-19-2011 at 08:43 PM.

Defiants are plain bad. Coming from a defiant on Deepstrike, we enter the warfront, we split up, we don't communicate, we don't plan, we don't do anything that could even be thought of as a logical course of action. We run around like chickens with our heads cut off in a dark room full of random crap on the floor. When we play Codex, we either attempt to 15man zerg the codex which means we lose the rest of the map and have our spawn point camped, or we do the aforementioned where we run around aimlessly. In black garden, the fang kills the carrier and we don't like to die. So we dont pick it up. In Whitefall, well, I think we get mesmerized by the shiny objects being carried out of our base and whatnot and in our mesmerized stupor we don't attack because it might break the shiny object. Never done port scion but I assume from what I hear about it that we don't take the church because church is the house of god and we defiants don't worship them so why should we go to a church?

Meanwhile the Guardians have the blessings of the Vigil and thus, they cannot lose. They aren't afraid to die because they know that their god is sure to bring them back whereas if the defiant machine malfunctions, well sucks to be a dead defiant eh? Not sure about Guardians and shiny objects, but id assume being religious zealots that they would be around shiny crap a lot. So they aren't going to see a shiny blue (if its not blue, then whatever. Colorblindness is a *****) object leaving their base and be like "Ooh, shiny! *drool*" And then obviously religious nuts aren't going to have an issue going to church in the middle of a damn war to pray and all that other crap they do.

...I honestly have no clue wtf I just typed... but for the most part I think it's an accurate analysis of why we defiants are terrible at PvP. So no OP, the issue isn't because of the Devs. The players just suck horribly on Defiant side.
    Last edited by Vyxagallanxchi; 04-19-2011 at 08:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

Because Defiants don't protect their healers....or focus down the Guardian healers.

Until you protect your healers, you will continue to lose.

We cannot heal you if we are dead.

Sword of Telara

Reporting in on this thread. My guildmate just broke his record of 1-32 for the night. 1 win out of 33 games. Defiants suck at PVP.

B.c it's easy to bot when You have instant queues. You might not notice but atleast 2-4+ in each game are Bots. The same would be happening on guardian side if you had instant queues.
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    Because Defiants don't protect their healers....or focus down the Guardian healers.

Until you protect your healers, you will continue to lose.

We cannot heal you if we are dead.
    I played a healer in black garden once. I got protected. Only problem was, the Guardians had the fang. When we went to get the fang, people attacked only the people attacking us healers. The problem then was, the guy with the fang was never really attacked. We do things in idiotic extremes... its irritating.
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

Quote Originally Posted by MopDaddy View Post
    B.c it's easy to bot when You have instant queues. You might not notice but atleast 2-4+ in each game are Bots. The same would be happening on guardian side if you had instant queues.
    Ive seen one bot (though admittedly she was in about 38 Warfronts I did over the course of 2 days).

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxagallanxchi View Post
    Defiants are plain bad. Coming from a defiant on Deepstrike, we enter the warfront, we split up, we don't communicate, we don't plan, we don't do anything that could even be thought of as a logical course of action. We run around like chickens with our heads cut off in a dark room full of random crap on the floor. When we play Codex, we either attempt to 15man zerg the codex which means we lose the rest of the map and have our spawn point camped, or we do the aforementioned where we run around aimlessly. In black garden, the fang kills the carrier and we don't like to die. So we dont pick it up. In Whitefall, well, I think we get mesmerized by the shiny objects being carried out of our base and whatnot and in our mesmerized stupor we don't attack because it might break the shiny object. Never done port scion but I assume from what I hear about it that we don't take the church because church is the house of god and we defiants don't worship them so why should we go to a church?

Meanwhile the Guardians have the blessings of the Vigil and thus, they cannot lose. They aren't afraid to die because they know that their god is sure to bring them back whereas if the defiant machine malfunctions, well sucks to be a dead defiant eh? Not sure about Guardians and shiny objects, but id assume being religious zealots that they would be around shiny crap a lot. So they aren't going to see a shiny blue (if its not blue, then whatever. Colorblindness is a *****) object leaving their base and be like "Ooh, shiny! *drool*" And then obviously religious nuts aren't going to have an issue going to church in the middle of a damn war to pray and all that other crap they do.

...I honestly have no clue wtf I just typed... but for the most part I think it's an accurate analysis of why we defiants are terrible at PvP. So no OP, the issue isn't because of the Devs. The players just suck horribly on Defiant side.
    I agree that defiant side players are bad. But the issue is that on EVERY server Guardian's have attracted the organized players and Defiant has not. That should not be, and if TRION wants their game to be successful over the long term, then they are going to have to address the issue. Otherwise WF's will become a side show played by a small minority.

And if that happens then TRION will not devote resources to creating any more PvP content, even for WF's. Already the open world PvP has become a sad joke.
    Last edited by Grim1; 04-19-2011 at 08:59 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast