+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So I just hit 50

Soulwalker

Default So I just hit 50

And now I want Pvp Gear...

I dislike pve and will do it but prefer not to

What i want explained is...

Are there any initial Pvp gear you get when you hit 50 (in wow you got basic gear from areas you were honored with)?

How does pvp experience work? If you get more kills more dps etc... do you level it faster?

Should i spend favor on prestige rank 2 gear? should i save favor till i get higher pvp level? When do i spend favor?

I don't want to be completely dominated because of no gear but... if i'm going to out level the gear in two seconds why waste favor... so from you experiences do i use all the favor i have build up immediately or save it... i currently have near 100k favor

Thanks

Soulwalker

Good questions!

I'd also like to know just what it takes to get to Rank 2/3/4.

I'm currently only 37 so I can't see my Prestige bar. Is it possible to get to Rank 2 before level 50?

You'll be able to get some gear off the Quartermaster (not sure if names are same for Defiant) once 50, but you won't be able get the good stuff until you at least reach prestige rank 2. You get prestige once lvl 50 and you get it the same way you got xp in PvP; killing, healing, PvP quest, etc. Although prestige ranks take a lot more grinding then lvls.

All the merchants that sell prestige rank gear are found in your home town.
    Last edited by Jeremiahcp; 04-19-2011 at 08:43 PM.

Plane Touched

Another thing to add is that the full sets of Prestige gear are spread out over several Prestige "levels" as well. You won't have access to an entire set until you hit Prestige 4. Weapons become available at Prestige 5. You can also get gear from being of a certain Notoriety with the various Warfront factions; Caretakers for BG, The Unspoken for Codex, Whitefall Brigade for Whitefall Steppes, and the Noble Guard for Port Scion. Finally, as you've undoubtedly noticed, you can purchase various pieces of gear in exchange for favour as you level up. I don't believe any of it has Valor on it, but they can help you flesh out your character's gear as you level.

Good luck, and happy hunting
    Last edited by Magipants; 04-19-2011 at 08:55 PM.

Soulwalker

Does it take so long that you'll be able to buy all pvp gear for rank 2 before you hit rank 3

and buy all rank 3 gear before you hit rank 4 etc... what im asking is should i just wait till i hit p. rank 3 or so before i start buying gear or will i have plenty of favor to get a lot of gear before reaching the next rank...

I want the best gear with the least amount of grinding

Thanks

Plane Touched

The prestige gear is being reworked in build 1.2, check out the patch notes.

I'm in pretty much the same boat as you, just hit 50, and about 30% of the way to rank 2. It's going to take a while for me to hit rank 4 and get a weapon though, the weather is warming up.

Sun and fresh air > all

Soulwalker

bump

10charac

Quote Originally Posted by James Faust View Post
    And now I want Pvp Gear...

I dislike pve and will do it but prefer not to

What i want explained is...

Are there any initial Pvp gear you get when you hit 50 (in wow you got basic gear from areas you were honored with)?

How does pvp experience work? If you get more kills more dps etc... do you level it faster?

Should i spend favor on prestige rank 2 gear? should i save favor till i get higher pvp level? When do i spend favor?

I don't want to be completely dominated because of no gear but... if i'm going to out level the gear in two seconds why waste favor... so from you experiences do i use all the favor i have build up immediately or save it... i currently have near 100k favor

Thanks
    Tips from a rank 6

No you dont get a "starter" set. I would suggest you do just a couple of runs in T1 expert modes to give you a decent start.

Keep your favor (it caps at 150k, but you can buy gear you cant use) for higher Rank armor (the T2 pvp armor...do not buy the T2 weapon, as next patch will introduce new ones), just skip the T1 you can do as fine in blue gear from T1 expert modes. Especially before the next patch wich will pimp out Valor...when it hits live PvP gear will have a "greater weight".

It all depends on your playstyle...if you are kinda of nerdy you are going to climb up trough ranks quite fast and you will really cry over the favor spent for T1 pvp armor, but if you are more of a casual then actually buying the T1 armor isnt a bad investment as you are gonna have to wear it for longer.
    Last edited by Atreiu; 04-21-2011 at 07:33 PM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Hit 50, queue up, win a lot

It's a bit of a grind but you can keep getting gear eventually. If PvP is what's fun for you it wont seem bad.

If you get a few pieces here and there from BoE or PvE you'll have extra favor. I never found this to be the limiting factor.

Soulwalker

Thank you Atreiu... thats the answer i was looking for..

Just one more quick question

How many tiers are there? in pvp are there 1 for every prestige level? e.g. 6 tiers

If there is a place i can look online to read it that anyone knows about it would be great

Basically i have a 100k favor now and am only about 1/10 through the first prestige level... i imagine i will be near cap if not at cap right when i hit prestige 2. I'm actually doing fairly well in WF better then i thought i would with no gear... no longer top dps or heals but i'm not getting beaten down and i feel like i can wait for gear... I am one of those nerds who will level incredibly quickly...

Quote Originally Posted by James Faust View Post
    1) How many tiers are there? in pvp are there 1 for every prestige level? e.g. 6 tiers

2) I am one of those nerds who will level incredibly quickly...
    1) No, there are 2 tiers of armor, tier 1 goes like 1-4 then its T2 4-6

2) then as I already suggested skip T1, do pvp with a couple of random drops from some experts mode and gather up to buy the T2 gear.

Because , prestige is the easy part of the grind. Favor is a lot slower. I have hitted Rank 6 the 2 april and I have yet to buy all the gear...But I kinda slacked yeah :P
    Last edited by Atreiu; 04-22-2011 at 07:15 PM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by justpale View Post
    Good questions!

I'd also like to know just what it takes to get to Rank 2/3/4.

I'm currently only 37 so I can't see my Prestige bar. Is it possible to get to Rank 2 before level 50?
    Not very long to 2. A week or so for most to reach 3 and maybe 3 times as long to reach 4. This is assuming you run an hour or two of Warfronts every day and are about 50/50 in them.

+ Reply to Thread