+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Remove the "group" option from warfront queues

Rift Chaser

Default Remove the "group" option from warfront queues

Why should i should i always be obligated in order to have a chance to win a warfront to go in with a premade group?..Maybe my friends are not online and i want to join a warfront alone..why should i be sentenced to a 95% chance of losing versus 1 or 2 premades?
    I once joined a warfront there were no premades on either side..was one of the most fun warfronts i been in.

Quote Originally Posted by bourbon View Post
    Why should i should i always be obligated in order to have a chance to win a warfront to go in with a premade group?..Maybe my friends are not online and i want to join a warfront alone..why should i be sentenced to a 95% chance of losing versus 1 or 2 premades?
    I once joined a warfront there were no premades on either side..was one of the most fun warfronts i been in.
    I win quite frequently, when I go in solo, late at night when everyone else goes to bed.

They should not remove the group option, but instead put those queing up for a group into the same que as others queing for a group. You should never take away options, only add more, better options.
    Last edited by Visions; 04-19-2011 at 03:24 PM.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Rift Chaser

that is the "5% grey zone"
    Ahh yes..that would be cool too..premades vs premades and pugs vs pugs
    Last edited by bourbon; 04-19-2011 at 03:26 PM.

Plane Touched

Omgz look at the skore bill dey havs a gud team all from same server omfg omfg premade its a premade /afk
    Famaji - 50 Rogue
    Famage - 40 Mage
    The reason you have 4 souls is to provide negative feedback on all 4 at once, rather than focusing an educated feedback on 1.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Famaji View Post
    Omgz look at the skore bill dey havs a gud team all from same server omfg omfg premade its a premade /afk
    /afk..that is exactly what is happening when facing a premade

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by bourbon View Post
    Or maybe you have no friends and have never made a premade before?

Rift Chaser

i have friends and i made a premade...that is not the point...
    why should i be sentenced to lose if i go solo...?
    P.S. that was a really dumb reply on your part..now im sorry i answered to a kid

I am in a pvp guild..when i make premades i win 90% of the time ..and that is WRONG
    Last edited by bourbon; 04-19-2011 at 03:32 PM.

Ascendant

Worst idea ever.

Separate queues for groups & solo = best idea ever tho.

Removing the group option alltogether would mean that this game is entirely designed for PVE'ers and casual PVP'ers ( I mean, even more than it is currently ).

Premade vs premades = the ultimate PVP challenge.
    Removing this would be horrible.

The only thing we need to remove is premade vs pugs.

Rift Chaser

yeah...if premades vs pugs would be removed..that would be a big plus
    it should be premades vs premades and
    pugs vs pugs
    Last edited by bourbon; 04-19-2011 at 03:37 PM.

Ascendant

Edit : Another option would be a single queue, BUT they still only place groups against other groups.
    So if there's no, say, defiants groups going, guardians will need to break up and sign up solo.

But then again, it doesn't mean much if they're the only one signing. They'll still have like 90% of their group.
    (Which wouldn't happen if all servers were queue'ing at the same place - another good idea that should be implemented).

Plane Touched

Groups can be 2-3 friends who want to PvP together, should they be forced to play against 10 geared and competant players because its unfair to face this trio against pugs?
    Famaji - 50 Rogue
    Famage - 40 Mage
    The reason you have 4 souls is to provide negative feedback on all 4 at once, rather than focusing an educated feedback on 1.

Champion of Telara The Real Viz Shady's Avatar

Groups can be 2-3 friends who want to PvP together, should they be forced to play against 10 geared and competant players because its unfair to face this trio against pugs?
    Good post..

and wow are there a lot of whiny little *****es out there!

Ascendant

I understand your point ( and I also play regularly with a friend so I'd feel the same way about it ) but where do you put the limit?
    2 groups of 5? queue'ing in and hoping they'll be together?
    1 group of 5?
    4?
    3?
    2?

Whatever the number you pick, someone will say "Why not one more?".
    Everyone has an opinion, but someone (i.e. trion) gotta make a decision.

I personnaly think it should be just 1 guy in solo queue. Even if that'd mean I could rarely play with my friend.

Because ( as I've experienced myself ) just 2 or 3 guys can make a HUGE difference in a game. It's not a premade, but if you have a solid 3 players core, you take a huge edge for the win.

We could divide it up into:

1) Group vs Group que
    2) I don't care que
    3) I kinda suck and want groups to be as disorganized as mine que
    4) I REALLY suck and maybe we can do something else and share presitige at the end over punch and pie que.

When I que up, it's usually just myself on a Bard, a friend on a Bard, and a 3rd friend on a Cleric.. what's so scary about that? A 4th friend sometimes plays a Warrior, and a 5th sometimes plays a Nightblade. Certain WFs, I also move to a 3rd dps (another nightblade) and we run 1 cleric 1 bard for support. We don't even have pyros! Why does everyone want to punish us?!
    Last edited by The Real Viz Shady; 04-19-2011 at 07:41 PM.

I want a GSB instance I can solo...

Or maybe one where I can que up and get into a pug raid, where we don't really need healers or a balanced group to be successful. I don't think it's fair that all these premades get to que up and roflstomp through GSB with the greatest of ease. How can the casual player possibly compete? Maybe we could separate the 2 dungeons, and reward the premades with twice as many plaques or something. The rest of us want to have fun too!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast