+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45

Thread: I'm sorry, but does anyone like the giant grind that is PVP gear?

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default I'm sorry, but does anyone like the giant grind that is PVP gear?

    like...
    is it fun? or..

  2. #2
    Ascendant Original_Hellfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In your mom's bed
    Posts
    2,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nguruthos View Post
    like...
    is it fun? or..
    Yes.
    /10 char

  3. #3
    Ascendant xtorma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,506

    Default

    Actually , its a grind because there is not much content. Grinds are designed to stretch content. I forsee them adding more content and relaxing it a bit, but right now, they can't afford for the majority of people to run out of things to play for.
    Minsc and Boo
    All time favorite RPG characters.

  4. #4
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    468

    Default

    I actually have fun in WFs ... mod out by the occational horrible group, they are pretty fun.

  5. #5
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kw0lf View Post
    I actually have fun in WFs ... mod out by the occational horrible group, they are pretty fun.
    guess you kept up with the gear curve or something.

    get behind in that and its just suffering

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser Ghoest9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    367

    Default

    If you look at the patch notes they are making the rewards for pvp closer to to equal effort for dungeon rewards.
    Wherever You Went - Here You Are

    Goest on Sunrest

    I kill red people.

  7. #7
    Plane Touched Slick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    254

    Default

    Not many people like the Giant Grinds at all, especially on a Pay to play. If people want to grind for everything then why not just download a free to play MMO? Pay to Plays should be way less Grindy then they are.
    Warrior:Pala/Reav/ 6-Champ    Mage:Ele/Pyro/Chlo off spec Chlo/Arch

  8. #8
    Plane Touched Real's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    272

    Default

    Upcoming patch is decreasing noto requirements for PvP gear. According to staff who updated PvP update.

    Be patient.
    Bounty - Nightblade/Assassin/Riftstalker - Deepwood

  9. #9
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xtorma View Post
    Minsk and Boo ....
    I recognized that thumbnail image soon as it scrolled up. Rangers may be proud of their raptors, but nobody better mess with the Space Hamster!

    (sorry for the slight hijack, Nguruthos.)

  10. #10
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
    If you look at the patch notes they are making the rewards for pvp closer to to equal effort for dungeon rewards.
    god I hope you're serious

  11. #11
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Real View Post
    Upcoming patch is decreasing noto requirements for PvP gear. According to staff who updated PvP update.

    Be patient.
    I'll be lazy and ask someone to post patch notes

    also so i dont get afkd from WF lol

  12. #12
    Shield of Telara Duvain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Brisbane Australia
    Posts
    780

    Default

    I enjoy pvp, if the group is interested in Objective based PvP ie winning the war front, I help with that.
    If they wish to ignore the objectives, and just play, I will switch souls and help play.

    The last 2 WFs to my 100 wins achieve I was a bit of an pain but usually I understand, it is just a game. My cleric apologises to those forced to endure "Please come to codex" 70 times...

    Back to the PvP gear, Basically, when I gain a rank I go look at what I can now buy. PvP for me is not about the gear but I do enjoy looking at what I have earned. Alas, In rift, PvE gear is far better than PvP gear in PvP anyway so we basically wear it just because it is available and amuses us personally.

    If you login and enjoy yourself you are in a game suited to you.

    Some people enjoy those long grinds and the satisfied feeling they get at the end, maybe they are in the right game for them.

    Do not reward game companies by paying to play games you do not enjoy.

  13. #13
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duvain View Post
    I enjoy pvp, if the group is interested in Objective based PvP ie winning the war front, I help with that.
    If they wish to ignore the objectives, and just play, I will switch souls and help play.

    The last 2 WFs to my 100 wins achieve I was a bit of an pain but usually I understand, it is just a game. My cleric apologises to those forced to endure "Please come to codex" 70 times...

    Back to the PvP gear, Basically, when I gain a rank I go look at what I can now buy. PvP for me is not about the gear but I do enjoy looking at what I have earned. Alas, In rift, PvE gear is far better than PvP gear in PvP anyway so we basically wear it just because it is available and amuses us personally.

    If you login and enjoy yourself you are in a game suited to you.

    Some people enjoy those long grinds and the satisfied feeling they get at the end, maybe they are in the right game for them.

    Do not reward game companies by paying to play games you do not enjoy.
    if they don't fix the PVP gear I'm not going to lol.

    I'll just see if Allods improves, wait for SWTOR or something else but I'll never play WoW again. & I won't play this if they have the same screwed up mentality that leads to people PVPing with PVE gear and weapons the way WoW did.

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple Lostsoulz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    137

    Default

    no . pve and pvp should have clear differences . pve for gear , pvp for control ..
    Remove all PVP from PVE servers . they're not PVP'rs , they are the bane of PVP'rs and PVP servers .

    Remove WF's from PVE servers, because they suck at pvp and as a result cause unjust nerfs to classes .

    No new instanced PVP , give us world PVP objectives. do not add arena's or more WF's please . Except ADD THIS ONE WF

    Make all PVP gear craftable and get rid of the WF faction vendors .

    pvp isnt suppose to be about gear . pve is suppose to be about gear ...and grinding that same ****ty instance over and over again for that gear .
    pvp is suppose to be about the other part of the game ...war and hatred for the opposite faction .
    and pve servers are for the players who don't want to be a part of the war

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    193

    Default

    There is seriously no satisfying you PvP crybabies.

    The forums would be so much better with you people gone. Your senseless whining, broken this and that, grinds, etc

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts