+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Learning to PVP

Default Learning to PVP

I got a few Questions?

How many of you been in a PUG where everyone from go scrambles all over the Map instead of staying in 1 strong unit?

How often are you in a PUG and you notice that at least 2 of your members are just standing there doing nothing?

How often have you been in a PUG with 2 or more clerics but for some reason they never use not one group heal?!?

Note for cleric: Singles heals is great but means jack if your entire teams is at 50 % health or less. Other wise keep up the good job. I love Healers!
    Last edited by albefranks; 04-19-2011 at 12:53 PM.
    TutonHammr Goldust - Justicar -
    Farnathil Wundrlust - Ranger -
    Gathroh Zhamphion - Paladin
    " MMO for life..."
    -=SYMBION=-

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by albefranks View Post
    I got a few Questions?

How many of you been in a PUG where everyone from go scrambles all over the Map instead of staying in 1 strong unit?

How often are you in a PUG and you notice that at least 2 of your members are just standing there doing nothing?

How often have you been in a PUG with 2 or more clerics but for some reason they never use not one group heal?!?

Note for cleric: Singles heals is great but means jack if your entire teams is at 50 % health or less. Other wise keep up the good job. I love Healers!
    **** off.

/10 char

wow / rift skills

make a bunch of macros, jump around in a figure of 8 spamming them macros
    Mage - steel cannon
    Rogue - tin pistol
    Warrior - glass machine gun
    Cleric - adamantium machine gun

****ing clerics never heal I mean come on clerics wtf if i could heal on my rogue or mage i would.
    If you played FFXI then add me to your friend list.

Soulwalker

we clerics dont heal for 2 reasons....one of them being people like you...and second because we get no favor...doh

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by arthoa View Post
    we clerics dont heal for 2 reasons....one of them being people like you...and second because we get no favor...doh
    Lol this is very true.

1) We get 0 favor for healing.
    2) Nobody defends healers.

Want to rant about healers? How about healers rant about you guys! Just cause we can heal doesn't mean we DON'T need protection. Most good pvpers will flock to take down the clerics first then all others second cause healers keep YOU in the fight. Most people in Warfronts just want to run around and do there own damn thing thinking a cleric will chase behind them with heals. So its more your selfishness then thinking healers are greedy, we have to live too! If you were attacking the group thats attacking my healer rather then run off chasing some other clown after you just got a full heal leaving me to defend myself, then healers would be more inclinded to heal you.

Sez

Oh? Nobody has said roll a healer or deal with it yet?

Allow me...

Roll a healer, or deal with it.

K bye
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by albefranks View Post
    I got a few Questions?

Welcome to instanced pvp. This was rarely if ever a Dark Age of Camelot RvR issue - for those few Rift players who know what I'm talking about - go ahead and nod.

It's time for the 15 minute immediate gratification pvp "game" to die. Thank you WoW - it's been fun (not really - hence why WE are here right?).

What we need is a benefit to the entire realm in pvp - this will in turn cause people to be more stimulated to work under an alliance leader. I realize this is very foreign to most who have never progressed beyond a capture the flag or open world run through a pve zone and kill people for no apparent purpose other than to "clear" said zone temporarily.

So ironic that as human beings we attempt to fill our lives with purpose:

1. Relationships
    2. Religion
    3. Financial success

These things grant purpose to our lives (or should). Then we come to a game where we spend countless hours of our "purposeful" lives and we engage in a time consuming event called PvP and for us more educated players - we quickly realize we have no sense of purpose. We all pay to be here - wouldn't it make sense if a sense of purpose was included in our entertainment as well?

This will fall on deaf ears - however. It did in Vanguard, Conan, Lord of the Rings. But maybe - just maybe for once...Trion is a different sort of organization? I, for one, would surely like to think so.

But, 'nuff said - it's the state of the game since 2004.

/Rip Dark Age of Camelot
    Last edited by Komaf; 04-19-2011 at 01:50 PM.

Mages can raid-heal easier and better then Clerics.

Chloromancer is Rift's main healer, not any of the Cleric callings.

*nods*

/10frigginchars

Telaran

Just wanted to add:

I know that grabbing a flag and going from A to B, or a tooth, or what have you, is a lot of fun for some folks. People did it in WoW for years - and then a lot of them left and came here.

I can youtube and listen to a lot of young guys having a great time in broken down titles such as Mortal Online and Darkfall - screaming in delight while getting baked out of their minds. Those folks have a right to a game outlet that matches their intellectual expectations - they have it - Gods bless them.

I just want something more. Many of us want something more. Many of us are quite capable - from military to academic to just plain common sense book reading backgrounds - we know that fantasy movies aren't built around battleground stories where races and classes and pvp in general is purely cosmetic and plastic. We want to be a part of something truly epic - the Battle for Helm's Deep - now that was epic. Not, I repeat, NOT, a 14 minute battleground where a bunch of people play with flag capture - for God's sakes, I used to do that as a kid in school.

C'mon developers - I know you can do it! There are more options!

This will fall on deaf ears - however. It did in Vanguard, Conan, Lord of the Rings. But maybe - just maybe for once...Trion is a different sort of organization? I, for one, would surely like to think so.

WE AREN'T ON AZEROTH ANY MORE - are we?

/Rip Dark Age of Camelot
    Last edited by Komaf; 04-19-2011 at 01:57 PM.

Soulwalker

Go into codex....my god noone ever guards anything, one or two stay behind to cap it, then rush the near single defiant to gang up 5 to 1, while the rest of their team is taking our flag....

Oy

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Tenet View Post
    Mages can raid-heal easier and better then Clerics.

Chloromancer is Rift's main healer, not any of the Cleric callings.

Hmm I beg to differ, my Sent is insane!

Quote Originally Posted by Sundial View Post
    **** off.

/10 char
    Dont get me wrong Bro! look at my signature my main character is a cleric and a healing one at that

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...0bs.EuMooe0kRo
    Sentinel (21) / Justicar (32) / Druid (0)

I just think we need to work on proper method to play in PVP. to make it fun for you and everyone else
    TutonHammr Goldust - Justicar -
    Farnathil Wundrlust - Ranger -
    Gathroh Zhamphion - Paladin
    " MMO for life..."
    -=SYMBION=-

Quote Originally Posted by Komaf View Post
    Welcome to instanced pvp. This was rarely if ever a Dark Age of Camelot RvR issue - for those few Rift players who know what I'm talking about - go ahead and nod.

It's time for the 15 minute immediate gratification pvp "game" to die. Thank you WoW - it's been fun (not really - hence why WE are here right?).

What we need is a benefit to the entire realm in pvp - this will in turn cause people to be more stimulated to work under an alliance leader. I realize this is very foreign to most who have never progressed beyond a capture the flag or open world run through a pve zone and kill people for no apparent purpose other than to "clear" said zone temporarily.

So ironic that as human beings we attempt to fill our lives with purpose:

1. Relationships
    2. Religion
    3. Financial success

These things grant purpose to our lives (or should). Then we come to a game where we spend countless hours of our "purposeful" lives and we engage in a time consuming event called PvP and for us more educated players - we quickly realize we have no sense of purpose. We all pay to be here - wouldn't it make sense if a sense of purpose was included in our entertainment as well?

/Rip Dark Age of Camelot
    I agree, rvr is best
    But.......

Instanced pvp can be more fun, more thinking based and more team based than this.

I could play war scenarios or GW arena all night, because they are more tactical games, there not about 1 on 1 twitch "skillz" and who has best macros / fotm build. Rift I can play about an hour then I would rather just go pve. It us almost as bad as wows lame pvp. It gets 1 over on wow due to bards, other than having a support class, the rift group dynamics are the same as wow, build for spike dps, cooldowns burning with stunlocking that you use as part of damage rotation (not tactically) or stand back and heal.

You have 2 strands of instanced pvp,
    the wow model that is all about muscle memory and planning your char for 1 on 1 killing (including macro writing)
    The GW model which is all about working as a team, getting skills that combo well off different players to win, selectively using cc to remove players tactically while you kill someone else. Thinking pvp in other words.

I guess the 1st type isn't for me
    Last edited by krilly; 04-20-2011 at 04:58 AM.
    Mage - steel cannon
    Rogue - tin pistol
    Warrior - glass machine gun
    Cleric - adamantium machine gun

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast