+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Please do not "adjust" clerics

Rift Master

Thumbs up Please do not "adjust" clerics

In spite of these QQer threads asking for various nerfs to clerics, please do not change anything about the class.

As it stands right now, we are not the top dps single target (i.e., we have decent AoE but many situations ask for single target focus), we are not the top choice for tanking (i.e., warriors have a definite advantage over us with more than one taunt), and finally for healing, we may be top choice for a few encounters, but a well-equipped Chloro can do equal if not better healing and produce significantly better dps, there making them a more effective party member.

The fact that in 1-on-1 encounters, clerics have more survivability stems from several factors, including chain armor, but it does not justify nerfing their skills. Thank you.

Soulwalker

Cool story, bro.

Prophet of Telara

Can't faceroll clerics...they must be nerfed...to the boards!~

Quote Originally Posted by Grulamania View Post
    In spite of these QQer threads asking for various nerfs to clerics, please do not change anything about the class.

As it stands right now, we are not the top dps single target (i.e., we have decent AoE but many situations ask for single target focus), we are not the top choice for tanking (i.e., warriors have a definite advantage over us with more than one taunt), and finally for healing, we may be top choice for a few encounters, but a well-equipped Chloro can do equal if not better healing and produce significantly better dps, there making them a more effective party member.

The fact that in 1-on-1 encounters, clerics have more survivability stems from several factors, including chain armor, but it does not justify nerfing their skills. Thank you.
    Learn 2 play ,ive seen clerics that destroy 2 players in a single fight or is just unkillable with 4-5 on his back .This stink i can say ,and Trion need to balance them soon..

Plane Touched

people want to smash together a healing cleric and a dps cleric as if their the same spec.

total heal clerics can't do poop for dps, and "battle cleric" spec can be beaten with practice. I was all for them omg cleric train till i figured out timing my burst was the only key to winning.

Now heres something crazy, as clerics can make new specs... SO CAN YOU! I made a limited mobility spec that just annihilates healers and im sure if every rogue was constantly this spec you'd see clerics crying about not being op enough.

If you can't beat a dps cleric in a wg, cc him and move on to someone else. Wow. That was hard.
    Famaji - 50 Rogue
    Famage - 40 Mage
    The reason you have 4 souls is to provide negative feedback on all 4 at once, rather than focusing an educated feedback on 1.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
    Learn 2 play ,ive seen clerics that destroy 2 players in a single fight or is just unkillable with 4-5 on his back .This stink i can say ,and Trion need to balance them soon..
    I'd say those 6-7 people you're talking about were spamming their one-button macros and crying all the way to the graveyard. If I want to heal I have to spec for it, if I want to dps I have to spec for it, if I want to tank I have to spec for it. You idiots just want to burn everything down with one spec that has zero anti-healing components.

4-5 people on a healer is exactly why all you clowns are *****ing on the forums. The healer is specced for that encounter but the 4-5 people aren't and they don't want to be bothered to spec for it because it might hurt their stats on the summary page.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Maladon View Post
    I'd say those 6-7 people you're talking about were spamming their one-button macros and crying all the way to the graveyard. If I want to heal I have to spec for it, if I want to dps I have to spec for it, if I want to tank I have to spec for it. You idiots just want to burn everything down with one spec that has zero anti-healing components.

4-5 people on a healer is exactly why all you clowns are *****ing on the forums. The healer is specced for that encounter but the 4-5 people aren't and they don't want to be bothered to spec for it because it might hurt their stats on the summary page.
    Was about to edit my post, if 3 people can't kill a healer 3v1 they're utterly incompetent. I can solo kill healers without breaking a sweat and fairly quickly...
    Famaji - 50 Rogue
    Famage - 40 Mage
    The reason you have 4 souls is to provide negative feedback on all 4 at once, rather than focusing an educated feedback on 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Famaji View Post
    Was about to edit my post, if 3 people can't kill a healer 3v1 they're utterly incompetent. I can solo kill healers without breaking a sweat and fairly quickly...
    Try doing it as a rogue. I cant...

I agree though they shouldnt nerf healers, they should just fix classes like rogues that do crap dps burst dmg and poisons are laughable... But hey to Trion's defense they said they are doing it, I just hope its not too late as right now it sucks for anyone that chooses to play an assasin.
    Remove all PVP from PVE servers . they're not PVP'rs , they are the bane of PVP'rs and PVP servers .
    Remove WF's from PVE servers, because they suck at pvp and as a result cause unjust nerfs to classes .
    No new instanced PVP , give us world PVP objectives. do not add arena's or more WF's please .
    Make all PVP gear craftable and get rid of the WF faction vendors .

pvp isnt suppose to be about gear . pve is suppose to be about gear ...and grinding that same ****ty instance over and over again for that gear .
    pvp is suppose to be about the other part of the game ...war and hatred for the opposite faction .
    and pve servers are for the players who don't want to be a part of the war
    Stylianfire member of Saga Briarcliff PvP/US Server

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Romulan View Post

I agree though they shouldnt nerf healers, they should just fix classes like rogues that do crap dps burst dmg and poisons are laughable... But hey to Trion's defense they said they are doing it, I just hope its not too late as right now it sucks for anyone that chooses to play an assasin.
    There are good rogues out there who eat healers for lunch. You have to spec for it but we're basically defenseless against them. It still takes awhile, no one-shotting for sure but we have to rely on a finite resource to beat the rogue while all he has to rely on is procs and energy. Good rogues will always win that fight.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
    What the eff are you trying to say? Can you speak with words and punctuation? G-T-F-O my thread until then.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Maladon View Post
    Can't faceroll clerics...they must be nerfed...to the boards!~
    Exactly, excellent summary of the current situation.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Romulan View Post

Nightblade 32pt Fell blades + Infiltrator 15 pt "Anathema" ability reduces healing done by the player ~75%.

If you get those 2 abilities and create a DPS spec out of it, and can't burst down a healer after Anathema, there is no hope for you.
    Famaji - 50 Rogue
    Famage - 40 Mage

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Famaji View Post
    Nightblade 32pt Fell blades + Infiltrator 15 pt "Anathema" ability reduces healing done by the player ~75%.

If you get those 2 abilities and create a DPS spec out of it, and can't burst down a healer after Anathema, there is no hope for you.
    news of today

seems like healing debuffs dont stack

onyl tried it with necro domi archmage tho ...
    only the biggest debuff was applied... q.q =(

Plane Touched

tbh im not 100% how they stack. But i made a ***/nb/infil spec to obliterate healers with heavy crits/snare and healing reduce.

I'll post when i parse something official
    Famaji - 50 Rogue
    Famage - 40 Mage

Sez

Why are we talking about rogues in a OP cleric thread?

Old man cleric doesn't want change. He doesn't want to evolve with the game, he wants to die a relic.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast