+ Reply to Thread

Thread: In Direct response to the Dev Posted "Mage Balance info" thread. (Pyros).

Rift Chaser

Default In Direct response to the Dev Posted "Mage Balance info" thread. (Pyros).

As many of you have been posting the Pyromancer ability, Ground of Strength, is an amazingly powerful ability. In many cases it is more powerful than it was intended to be, and as a result, is effectively the required choice as the mage PVP soul. It does need to be desirable, but also does need to have its power brought in line with its intended balance.
    Ground of Strength is impossible to purge due to trash buffs you have to go through to get to it.
    Ground of Strength should never make the Pyro immune to CC. CC is useless against them. This is a problem. This is a absolutely horrible gameplay mechanic and you need to get rid of it.

Another issue, that in many cases is connected with the Pyromancer, is the Dominator's Controlled Opportunity. As many people have experienced, if you get Transmogrified by someone the next hit you take is really going to hurt. The main issue we found with this ability was critical hits on the target were receiving double bonuses, one from critically hitting and another from Controlled Opportunity, which generated much more damage than intended.
    Their damage even without this is far too much.

Once we get closer to the patch day, a full list of the fixes and changes included with the patch will be available. We look forward to your feedback on all of the changes when the next update comes to the Test Server.
    All I have to say is this. If these upcomming nerfs that you are not mentioining yet does not occur in these notes I will not be resubscribing. It is absolutely infuriating playing against a team with 2 or more pyros. You get stunned constantly, and the burst they put out is far too high and occurs too much to be balanced.

Isz
    Champion of Telara

OOOOOOO a threat, thats a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaarrj View Post
    Ground of Strength is impossible to purge due to trash buffs you have to go through to get to it.
    Ground of Strength should never make the Pyro immune to CC. CC is useless against them. This is a problem. This is a absolutely horrible gameplay mechanic and you need to get rid of it.

Their damage even without this is far too much.

All I have to say is this. If these upcomming nerfs that you are not mentioining yet does not occur in these notes I will not be resubscribing. It is absolutely infuriating playing against a team with 2 or more pyros. You get stunned constantly, and the burst they put out is far too high and occurs too much to be balanced.

ITT: Whiney kid threatens to unsub, and no one cares.
    I'm that guy.

Rift Chaser

F it. Uninstalled this game. Not going to waste my damn time playing a game where BrightWizard 2.0 is just going to stay overpowered.

Sorry Trion, but you screwed up hard. I'm not going to be sitting here paying for your mistakes anymore.

Later. Much.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaarrj View Post
    F it. Uninstalled this game. Not going to waste my damn time playing a game where BrightWizard 2.0 is just going to stay overpowered.

Sorry Trion, but you screwed up hard. I'm not going to be sitting here paying for your mistakes anymore.

Later. Much.
    I thought we already went over this....

Nobody cares, guy.
    I'm that guy.

Nevermind that clerics can be unkillable, warriors spec'd with 2pts in void knight can drain insane amounts of mana and rogues can spec into 30 seconds of immunity.

"I WANT EVERYONE IN HERE TO GET BUTT *** NAKED. GETCHA GOD DAMN CLOTHES OFF. THIS IS A ROBBERY!"

Rodney "Quills" Dinkins, my champion of courage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPn0EMxkz10 (4:00+)

+ Reply to Thread