+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Please nerf cleric self-healing in 1.2 along with the other changes

Default Please nerf cleric self-healing in 1.2 along with the other changes

As a P4 Pyromage, I cannot DENT a P6 cleric as it is right now in 1.1. In 1.2, it will be even worse and high level clerics will be invincible.

The ability that makes them take 1/2 damage when receiving a spike in damage is just silly. Couple that resistance and valor and you're looking @ an unkillable machine.

So, please, take this into consideration when coding the 1.2 balance changes.

Thank you.
    Corky - P8 Mage
    Kim - P5 Rogue
    Billy - P4 Cleric

Server: Seastone, Guild: Hot Shots

Champion of Telara

considering a p6 cleric can reduce your spell damage by 70%, without even popping detaunt or healer covenant, I would think your issue would lie with damage reduction stacking not healing....

yet of course, you come here *****ing about healing.

/fail
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by wfsaxton View Post
    The ability that makes them take 1/2 damage when receiving a spike in damage is just silly. Couple that resistance and valor and you're looking @ an unkillable machine.
    What is this ability? Sounds pretty beastly. I may want it. Can you link to it please?

Quote Originally Posted by Baconbits View Post
    considering a p6 cleric can reduce your spell damage by 70%, without even popping detaunt or healer covenant, I would think your issue would lie with damage reduction stacking not healing....

yet of course, you come here *****ing about healing.

/fail
    Reading comprehension fail. Let me help you again:

"The ability that makes them take 1/2 damage when receiving a spike in damage is just silly. Couple that resistance and valor and you're looking @ an unkillable machine."

Now I'll explain this is a little more carefully, so that you can understand.

A P6 cleric, though the use of healing and damage reduction, is invincible. Trion, please take this into consideration when rebalancing in 1.2.
    Corky - P8 Mage
    Kim - P5 Rogue
    Billy - P4 Cleric

As a Cleric all we have is some self healing abilities and HoTs. We are unable to stand and cast any of our 3sec heals which are our bigger heals. Nerf our HoTs and Self Healing abilities and all we can do is stand and cast our 3s heals. We won't be viable in any situation PvE or PvP.

How many Mages can stand and cast their spells.... oh all of them with GoS.
    How many Clerics can stand and cast their spells.... oh none of us because we are always being focus fired, cc, or silenced.
    Last edited by TheBidnis; 04-19-2011 at 09:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    if i can't be happy no one can be happy!!!!!!!1111
    Quote Originally Posted by Gualtiero View Post
    It takes to long to clear trash and the boss is too hard! Nerf the whole raid!
    The dude playing that warrior is better than me! Nerf his whole class!
    The OP types the truth! Nerf his keyboard!
    Ladyfae Def Cleric R40 Bidnis Def Warrior R19 Shortdawg Guard Rogue R7

Quote Originally Posted by Atluss View Post
    What is this ability? Sounds pretty beastly. I may want it. Can you link to it please?
    Blessing of the Martyr in the PvP soul tree.

Actually, it's worse than I thought. It's 25% damage reduction, but can stack up to 3 times.
    Corky - P8 Mage
    Kim - P5 Rogue
    Billy - P4 Cleric

Champion of Telara

Title: please nerf self healing
    Body: please nerf damage reduction

do you even know what you're posting about?
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

Champion of Telara

Actually, it's worse than I thought. It's 25% damage reduction, but can stack up to 3 times.
    No it's not, rofl. If you don't know what other classes abilities do don't post about them. I probably know mage better than you do without playing it.
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

Telaran

its 5%, stackable by 3.

http://rift.ign.com/wiki/Blessing_of_the_Martyr

Reading comprehension fail. Let me help you again:

"The ability that makes them take 1/2 damage when receiving a spike in damage is just silly. Couple that resistance and valor and you're looking @ an unkillable machine."

Now I'll explain this is a little more carefully, so that you can understand.

A P6 cleric, though the use of healing and damage reduction, is invincible. Trion, please take this into consideration when rebalancing in 1.2.
    \

Title of the tread clearly states you want a nerf to their self healing.

Other guy points out its about DR stacking to ******ed levels, and come back saying he doesnt know how to read?

Are you for real? I mean how can anyone take you seriously when you sound like such a tool.
    Landaren

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by tanglefast View Post
    This is what I was getting at. I want the op's version though -- 25% stackable three times. Might make players think twice about trying to burst down a Cleric, lol. I might agree that the op's fanciful version of the ability would be worth looking at.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by TheBidnis View Post
    As a Cleric all we have is some self healing abilities and HoTs. We are unable to stand and cast any of our 3sec heals which are our bigger heals. Nerf our HoTs and Self Healing abilities and all we can do is stand and cast our 3s heals. We won't be viable in any situation PvE or PvP.

How many Mages can stand and cast their spells.... oh all of them with GoS.
    How many Clerics can stand and cast their spells.... oh none of us because we are always being focus fired, cc, or silenced.
    So you just want pure easy mode in pvp? Melee have to learn to get in range, remove snares etc, ranged have to learn to kite/position, mages after the circle nerf will be like ranged and now all that's left are the clerics. All they do all day long is run around spamming HOTs. Learn to play, position yourself, watch for enemy cd's and use your casting heals rather than QQ about how your HOTs are the only thing you've left.

Champion of Telara

ITT: op knows nothing about clerics and is spreading misinformation.

How to get 70+% dr as p6 cleric:

5/5 arcane defenses, -15% spell damage
    P6 available valor gear, ~13% to all
    blessing of martyr: -15% damage, with 3/3 stacks up
    ethereal shell: -25% damage after CC
    ==
    ~68% damage reduction, pre resists
    add another 15% if its a tank spec justicar

absolutely none of that has to do with healing. If you want real QQ, throw in a detaunt for good measure which reduces by another 50% making your red-winged ground of skill pyro fulminate for about 1-10 damage.

...still has nothing to do with self healing, as OP title suggests. I would prefer you, OP, to learn how to make a topic pertaining to your title, if you are going to try and say that I can't read. Oh, and maybe spend a few minutes to learn about what you're complaining about.
    Last edited by Baconbits; 04-19-2011 at 10:53 AM.
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Rell View Post
    So you just want pure easy mode in pvp? Melee have to learn to get in range, remove snares etc, ranged have to learn to kite/position, mages after the circle nerf will be like ranged and now all that's left are the clerics. All they do all day long is run around spamming HOTs. Learn to play, position yourself, watch for enemy cd's and use your casting heals rather than QQ about how your HOTs are the only thing you've left.
    Are you targeted by every person in a WF thats not a healer?? Don't think so. Easy mode is stealthing to your opponent and then expecting them to just fall because you showed up.

Clerics have no CC's, Stuns, or way of stopping any melee from getting in range how is that easy mode. It seems you want easy mode in that we should stand there casting our 3s cast heals and be easily stunned silenced and rooted. Please just be honest ask Trion for the 1 button 1 kill ability that you really want.
    Last edited by TheBidnis; 04-19-2011 at 10:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    if i can't be happy no one can be happy!!!!!!!1111
    Quote Originally Posted by Gualtiero View Post
    It takes to long to clear trash and the boss is too hard! Nerf the whole raid!
    The dude playing that warrior is better than me! Nerf his whole class!
    The OP types the truth! Nerf his keyboard!
    Ladyfae Def Cleric R40 Bidnis Def Warrior R19 Shortdawg Guard Rogue R7

Quote Originally Posted by Landaren View Post
    \

Title of the tread clearly states you want a nerf to their self healing.

Other guy points out its about DR stacking to ******ed levels, and come back saying he doesnt know how to read?

Are you for real? I mean how can anyone take you seriously when you sound like such a tool.
    I pointed out both in my post. He chose to ignore the body and focused on the title.

I apologize that this forum does not allow you to post paragraphs of information in the title.
    Corky - P8 Mage
    Kim - P5 Rogue
    Billy - P4 Cleric

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast