+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Player - Guess go pyro?

Soulwalker

Default New Player - Guess go pyro?

Hi everyone, I just got the game, haven't seen that much about it, a few game play videos and read a bit on the forums. Even a very quick glance shows that it seems there is a universal opinion that pyromancers are overpowered. Would that mean an easy faceroll first time playing experience?

Any other classes you would suggest?

Don't listen to them.

Play whatever you like. Assassins can destroy a pyro just like warriors can.

People like to complain a lot. Pyros do have some issues that are going to be fixed, but are by no means super godly OP. They're just a good target this week since sabs and the warrior builds have been toned down slightly. A good assassin or a good warrior can turn a good pyro into a pile of mush.

Especially if you're new. You wont be facerolling anything as a pyro until you're a bit higher in level.
    Last edited by Ixath; 04-19-2011 at 08:50 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ixath View Post
    Don't listen to them.

Play whatever you like. Assassins can destroy a pyro just like warriors can.

People like to complain a lot. Pyros do have some issues that are going to be fixed, but are by no means super godly OP. They're just a good target this week since sabs and the warrior builds have been toned down slightly. A good assassin or a good warrior can turn a good pyro into a pile of mush.

Especially if you're new. You wont be facerolling anything as a pyro until you're a bit higher in level.
    What he said. Pyro op issue is a lvl 50 spec and the build isn't that great for staying alive at lower levels, and with all the crying I guarentee theyll be getting nerfed.
    Famaji - 50 Rogue
    Famage - 40 Mage
    The reason you have 4 souls is to provide negative feedback on all 4 at once, rather than focusing an educated feedback on 1.

Soulwalker

Thanks for the replies. Are most of the classes on par with each other? Lets say not only in PvP but PvE would any class be a gimp when it comes to dps for example (by class i mean the 4 general archetypes) or are casters way ahead of melee or vice versa?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeayras View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Are most of the classes on par with each other? Lets say not only in PvP but PvE would any class be a gimp when it comes to dps for example (by class i mean the 4 general archetypes) or are casters way ahead of melee or vice versa?

do you have a play style that you like? or is fishing for OP the motive ?
    Remove all PVP from PVE servers . they're not PVP'rs , they are the bane of PVP'rs and PVP servers .

Remove WF's from PVE servers, because they suck at pvp and as a result cause unjust nerfs to classes .

No new instanced PVP , give us world PVP objectives. do not add arena's or more WF's please . Except ADD THIS ONE WF

Make all PVP gear craftable and get rid of the WF faction vendors .

pvp isnt suppose to be about gear . pve is suppose to be about gear ...and grinding that same ****ty instance over and over again for that gear .
    pvp is suppose to be about the other part of the game ...war and hatred for the opposite faction .
    and pve servers are for the players who don't want to be a part of the war

Rift Disciple

I would choose based on archetype, and nothing else. Don't go for an ideal spec, just go for whatever role you want to play end-game. Each archetype will have a preferred leveling spec, so that's not a worry.

Right now:

Warriors can tank and DPS.
    Mages can DPS and heal.
    Rogues can tank and DPS.
    Clerics can heal, DPS and tank.

Of course, all of this is subject to change, and you have to take into account that most warrior DPS is melee and mage DPS is ranged, etc. And most clerics aren't taken into end-game groups as DPS unless it's a guild group or something, they generally are wanted for healers.

Right now mage DPS > warrior DPS > rogue DPS, but that will change, as it always does. Certain soul combinations will fluctuate with patches and certain archetypes will become more desirable in particular roles.

Hi everyone, I just got the game, haven't seen that much about it, a few game play videos and read a bit on the forums. Even a very quick glance shows that it seems there is a universal opinion that pyromancers are overpowered. Would that mean an easy faceroll first time playing experience?

Any other classes you would suggest?
    For now, yes. Nobody knows what they'll be like after the patch though. You're better off just picking a class that you want to play as opposed to picking the FoTM class.
    Faemist - Rank 4 Guardian Assassin - Mercilous
    Faemist - Level 30 Guardian Warlock - Lexium
    Faemist - Level 29 Defiant Cleric - Kotsune

Soulwalker

Wasn't aware that Clerics could tank too.

As for the FotM question... from past experiences with other games it takes a while and lots of QQing before an OP class is nerfed so why not make the best of it while i have nothing holding me back. I don't have a prefered playstyle, I have done it all in other games and enjoy all of it.

Was just wondering if there was a rift between pures and hybrids, but seems that everyone can be a hybrid or focused with the very diverse character system.

Plane Touched

Wasn't aware that Clerics could tank too.

As for the FotM question... from past experiences with other games it takes a while and lots of QQing before an OP class is nerfed so why not make the best of it while i have nothing holding me back. I don't have a prefered playstyle, I have done it all in other games and enjoy all of it.

Was just wondering if there was a rift between pures and hybrids, but seems that everyone can be a hybrid or focused with the very diverse character system.
    Game is about to get hit with a pretty major patch. I suggest playing the calling that best suits your play style, each role will always play with stereotypical perks and cons, and Trion is consistantly balancing classes as they see feedback, but gam eis still early so it can't always be perfect.
    Famaji - 50 Rogue
    Famage - 40 Mage
    The reason you have 4 souls is to provide negative feedback on all 4 at once, rather than focusing an educated feedback on 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazed59 View Post
    Don't go for an ideal spec, just go for whatever role you want to play end-game.
    You've never played real end-game. You should follow this guys advice and go warrior, then try to raid as Riftblade. Good luck!

Telaran

Don't play a Warrior if you want to pvp and enjoy yourself. PVE they are a good time. Solely my opinion. In PVP we get focused down and our DPS is meh. PVE I love tanking and my DPS is good enough.

I feel that in PVP range rules supreme. Then again, most MMO seem that way to me in regards to PVP. If you want to stun lock and gank casters. go rogue. If you want to pew pew from ranged: cleric, rogue or mage.. whatevah. The pewpew from distance for warrior is crap.

+ Reply to Thread