+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 10 years+playing MMOs and still same prbs...

Soulwalker

Default 10 years+playing MMOs and still same prbs...

Well 1st of all i would like to say a HI to all rift community before starting my post.
    As i said ive been playing mmos for like 10 years now and in all games i reached high end content with top guilds..
    at rift im playing solo atm cause i wanna 1st see it before playing hardcore.

in any case the issue is this:
    i always wondered if devs of games ever tried to play the toons they create or they just make them and w8 for us to start finding the prbs and even the OP skills some has...
    im 50 lvl only some days now and ofc i understand i cant expect to live and fight vs ranks 3-6 but still i see ppl complaining for ONE more game about mages skills.
    this made me wonder if i play a new game OR im stll playing l2-WOW-AION-WH and all the games ive played all this years.
    its not about me i repeat cause i cant judge my toon in rank1 but its the general idea i get ONCE more..so i desided to post this time and not just stand back and watch ANOTHER good game suiciding.

so dear DEVs.ill try to be simple even if this seems harsh for u.
    how hard is it to log in a toon and play some WFs to see that mages with pyros are pawning everything easily?i see rank6 ppl dying 1 shoted and i really start to think that im just gonna waste my time over here and not just me.
    or u gonna w8 fomr months and months like devs of WOW did at patch2 with frost mages owning everything and tanking all the BGs and then when one day u will wake up from your sleep ,u are gonan change it?
    is our time our effort and at the end our money means anything to u??i mean OK i dont expect balance but most certainly i expect al ltoon to have ONE chance to fight vs all toons.
    and dont tell me that a rank6 WHATEVER his class or his specc ..should die in 2 shots?
    at thispoint dont forget that the ENVIROMENT always favoured rdps ,especially when it comes to height difeerences and ofc im talking about codex.
    its getting a bit tired even i play so few days as 50 to see pyro mages to go there and kill everything in 3 secs.
    how can a healer outheal the 2-6k dmg they do(depends on gear)
    once more i see warriors been a banch of nothing just going forward to take the beating while casters do their job.

pls tell me that u didnt study the past of the games before u made this one....all the TERRIBLE mistakes that made ppl furious and made them quit cause simply some other ppl didnt realize their mistakes.

ofc u all will say:just another typical persont who cries about something and bla bla bla..but ye its the 1st time i say such thing to a game i play and ill try to be my last time.
    i give this game some days more and i hope u will soon realize that ALL ppl WANTS to play this game AND not only pyro mages and EVEN drain soul mages that crits with dot(omg this is even the worst i ever seen)2k.
    and to close this i would like an answer if u devs at least know this issues and u are working on some fixxes cause seriously my age and my patient dont allow me anymore to give a game years of w8ing like i did in past without even talking..

in any case this game is OFC the best game in animations-sound-imagination of world pve-and ofc the creativity of pvp speccs.
    and the engine of the game is the best ever i think all knows it.

so..if u REALLY dont want to f.... this game do something and apologize to your customers that KNOWS and will not think selfish and will see the trueth.
    ps:i wasnt talking about me vs mages at this post BUT all classes ive seen facing them.and OFC cause i want to be fair i watched TOP rank and skilled players saying that before posting.

thanks in advance...
    Last edited by Tzou; 04-19-2011 at 08:14 AM.

I can't imagine how long this wall o' text would be if you actually typed words out instead of using every iContraction ever.
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Tugrath View Post
    I can't imagine how long this wall o' text would be if you actually typed words out instead of using every iContraction ever.
    thanks for your serious answer..
    u reminded my hmmmmm some million players of wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzou View Post
    thanks for your serious answer..
    u reminded my hmmmmm some million players of wow.
    Funny, I thought the same thing about you. Wait I mean u.

Ascendant

OP - I ask this question every time I get into a new game. How is it possible that after 12 years of these types of mmo's that they are still making the same damn mistakes every.damn.time.

I'm with you...I just don't get it.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Vember View Post
    OP - I ask this question every time I get into a new game. How is it possible that after 12 years of these types of mmo's that they are still making the same damn mistakes every.damn.time.

I'm with you...I just don't get it.
    well i see u got my point and im pretty sure that ppl that actually played lot of games and can see beyond their finger,will also get it.

in any case i dont expect devs of games to realize that 10 years now they do same mistakes.i just wanted to make the post so maybe just maybe one of them will read it ..and start thinking.

this will be a start.

Oh, this is just a massive 'I got killed by a pyro' whine thread. I'll toss it in with the others.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Tugrath View Post
    QFT, I made it about 1 sentence in and couldn't take it anymore.
    Famaji - 50 Rogue
    Famage - 40 Mage
    The reason you have 4 souls is to provide negative feedback on all 4 at once, rather than focusing an educated feedback on 1.

Not to be too offensive, but it is difficult to read. On top of that it is a lot to read.

Also regarding the topic, I'm sure it could have been said with less words to get your point across. There is such a thing as talking too much about something, this isn't even a TL DR response.

ITT: Long, whiney, scissors are OP and I don't like it post.

Move along.
    I'm that guy.

Isz
    Champion of Telara

in 10 years you could have gotten one of many degrees in game design and be well on your way to making the flawless MMO. Then you can have your own forums full of self-indignant jerks to poo all over what you thought was awesome.

Maybe you're just not a person who should play mmo's. Is it the fault of the game company that things are the same, your words, or you who keeps coming back after 10 years?
    Automark
    HD Guild Scribe
    Heroic Dead Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Automark View Post
    Maybe you're just not a person who should play mmo's. Is it the fault of the game company that things are the same, your words, or you who keeps coming back after 10 years?
    Cause it's more fun to pretend you're a dev and complain on forums then to actually play said game and learn to adapt to the mechanics you had no part in creating.
    I'm that guy.

The OP has a very, VERY valid point. Give him a break, english is not his primary language, and he probably went to some length to try to post this in a legible manner. His point is:

How come the people in charge of game design/development don't play their own game and don't experience the endgame content on a regular basis? They really should, at least 1-2 hours a day, it should be a requirement for their jobs.

ALL the OP's complaints are 100% valid, even if they are redundant at this point. I am a p6 with p5/p6 armor and I get 2-shotted (from 100% to 0%) by pyros in s**t gear on a regular basis, every time my spell immunities (read: cleanse soul and/or blackout) are on cooldown.
    Last edited by Slic; 04-19-2011 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Slic View Post
    The OP has a very, VERY valid point. Give him a break, english is not his primary language, and he probably went to some length to try to post this in a legible manner. His point is:

How come the people in charge of game design/development don't play their own game and don't experience the endgame content on a regular basis? They really should, at least 1-2 hours a day, it should be a requirement for their jobs.

ALL the OP's complaints are 100% valid, even if they are redundant at this point. I am a p6 with p5/p6 armor and I get 2-shotted (from 100% to 0%) by pyros in s**t gear on a regular basis, every time my spell immunities (read: cleanse soul and/or blackout) are on cooldown.

onm y shard, warfront is acutally nothingmore than:

clerics vs. mages online: sad tales of telara...

so to say: its a steady bombing/healing fight with sometimes some rogues here and there. not that its a bad thing (i have fun being able to tank and heal with my clothiechloro^^), but its somehow miles away from what trion intended to design...and therefor its miles away from my former intention to resub after the first 2 month.

i mean, that game has only 4 archtypes and 2 of them r half cracked pvp-wise...really sad state.
    and for all the pve“ers, yes i know its a pve game but it has pvp-tagged shards, pvp content and this should be a decent hint for the devs not to screw things up like now and neverever like MYTHIC!
    Last edited by myshkin67; 04-19-2011 at 02:14 PM.
    nope. was it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast