+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39

Thread: Rogues invisible during battle/stealth into town

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    40

    Angry Rogues invisible during battle/stealth into town

    Ok so I have never played an mmorpg game like this before but im liking and recently became a lv 50 warrior

    The dumbest thing I have noticed is rogues can disappear during mid-battle which is total cowardice and pathetic I mean really what the heck is with that. The fact that rogues have an ability to go completely invisible in the first place is beyond me.. it would make more sense for a mage to be able to do that.

    Also rogues stealthing into Meridian and killing newbies and more in the manufactory and etc that is total BS as well, can the NPCs not detect their stealth? Great job Trion for building a class for annoying ****s

    /rant

  2. #2
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corupt2057 View Post
    rogues can disappear during mid-battle which is total cowardice and pathetic
    This, in its all, is what we do. We dont fight on your terms, we fight on ours. Anything to get the advantage is the mindset of a true assassin.

    Not flaming, just stating

    :edit: as far as getting into town... Thats kinda silly. Sure, we should be able to 'get into town' but once we're seen, there should be an A-bomb dropped on us by everyone and their brother.
    Last edited by Daggerr le Vaurien; 04-19-2011 at 08:10 AM.

  3. #3
    Plane Touched Calva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corupt2057 View Post
    Ok so I have never played an mmorpg game like this before but im liking and recently became a lv 50 warrior

    The dumbest thing I have noticed is rogues can disappear during mid-battle which is total cowardice and pathetic I mean really what the heck is with that. The fact that rogues have an ability to go completely invisible in the first place is beyond me.. it would make more sense for a mage to be able to do that.

    Also rogues stealthing into Meridian and killing newbies and more in the manufactory and etc that is total BS as well, can the NPCs not detect their stealth? Great job Trion for building a class for annoying ****s

    /rant
    lol glad to make your day
    Calva-level 50 assassin(51)/infltrator(10)/bladedancer(5)
    Shard-Ramsmolov
    Defiant

  4. #4
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    30

    Default

    haha far too funny!
    Assassin all the way

  5. #5
    Telaran Pheryllt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corupt2057 View Post
    Ok so I have never played an mmorpg game



    /rant
    Fixed that for you

    "The sceptre was the chief mark of royalty in Númenor, the King tells us; and that was also so in Arnor, whose kings wore no crown, but bore a single gem, the Elendilmir,
    Star of Elendil, bound to their brows with a silver fillet."

  6. #6
    Rift Master Kor Phaeron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corupt2057 View Post
    it would make more sense for a mage to be able to do that.
    the only thing that makes more sense in a mage is a bot that auto plays for you and wins vs everybody. seriously, how much more overpowered do you want them to be?

  7. #7
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    297

    Default

    The only legitimate point he had is that slip away is a tad op. I think you should have go 51 pts for the full effect of being immune after restealth - as it is now if that cd is up you can't lose unless your dotted to all hell and back.
    Famaji - 50 Rogue
    Famage - 40 Mage
    The reason you have 4 souls is to provide negative feedback on all 4 at once, rather than focusing an educated feedback on 1.

  8. #8
    Telaran Pheryllt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Famaji View Post
    The only legitimate point he had is that slip away is a tad op. I think you should have go 51 pts for the full effect of being immune after restealth - as it is now if that cd is up you can't lose unless your dotted to all hell and back.
    I always felt thats what made it non-op. What class doesnt have a dot? Popping into stealth is a strength, but damage knocks you out of it which is the strengths weakness, I always expect to get dotted when Im spotted to keep me visible.

    "The sceptre was the chief mark of royalty in Númenor, the King tells us; and that was also so in Arnor, whose kings wore no crown, but bore a single gem, the Elendilmir,
    Star of Elendil, bound to their brows with a silver fillet."

  9. #9
    Ascendant Proclus_Lycaeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,459

    Default

    Rogues who fight and run away live to fight another day.

    Warriors who are too stupid to do that, end up paying 50 gold at the Soul Healer.

    /thread
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

  10. #10
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pheryllt View Post
    I always felt thats what made it non-op. What class doesnt have a dot? Popping into stealth is a strength, but damage knocks you out of it which is the strengths weakness, I always expect to get dotted when Im spotted to keep me visible.
    If you use the ability in your burst rotation there is a very small chance the other player will have a chance as you'll just use the 3 sec to eat a tick and re open...

    However heres the situation I'm more concerned about: Assassin jumps me, I turn the tables with dmg mit cds, he waits for the 1 DoT I have to run down to 3 seconds or so and Slips Away.

    I have 0 chance of reengaging due to permanent stealth, and depending on his other souls he may be able to follow me stealth for quite a long time.

    Now the non-op side of it is what your talking about: Assassin finds himself in a fight vs a dot class or multiple targets so that he can't really track whats even going on anymore, Slips Away, 3 seconds later (if hes not stupid he's out of cast range) reappears vulnerable, but still likely out of combat and can mount or agility or something to get away.

    Eh.
    Famaji - 50 Rogue
    Famage - 40 Mage
    The reason you have 4 souls is to provide negative feedback on all 4 at once, rather than focusing an educated feedback on 1.

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corupt2057 View Post
    Ok so I have never played an mmorpg game like this before but im liking and recently became a lv 50 warrior

    The dumbest thing I have noticed is rogues can disappear during mid-battle which is total cowardice and pathetic I mean really what the heck is with that. The fact that rogues have an ability to go completely invisible in the first place is beyond me.. it would make more sense for a mage to be able to do that.

    Also rogues stealthing into Meridian and killing newbies and more in the manufactory and etc that is total BS as well, can the NPCs not detect their stealth? Great job Trion for building a class for annoying ****s

    /rant
    Although I make no excuses for vanishing from sight to stab you in the back, I do agree with you about city guards. They seem to be a little too oblivious to their citizens being brutally murdered just metres away. Having said that I'm worried about Trion going the Warcraft route and making cities untouchable without two 40 man raids. It would be nice to have some sort of player emote like /sos that calls nearby friendly NPCs to your aid.

  12. #12
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    297

    Default

    But don't get me wrong, I use heavy rift off soul and do power teleport to escape virtually any fight unless they can mount and catch me faster than i can stealth sap and run away.
    Famaji - 50 Rogue
    Famage - 40 Mage
    The reason you have 4 souls is to provide negative feedback on all 4 at once, rather than focusing an educated feedback on 1.

  13. #13
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nosleepdemon View Post
    Although I make no excuses for vanishing from sight to stab you in the back, I do agree with you about city guards. They seem to be a little too oblivious to their citizens being brutally murdered just metres away. Having said that I'm worried about Trion going the Warcraft route and making cities untouchable without two 40 man raids. It would be nice to have some sort of player emote like /sos that calls nearby friendly NPCs to your aid.
    Not sure how many EQ PvPers are still around, but they're original system had guards as standard NPCs, with gate guards slightly higher lvl than max. and towns were completely racial based not faction based - meaning your individual faction with that city would determine whether guards cared about PvP at all.

    WoW kind of started the them vs us problem we see in alot of games now, your apart of something too big.
    Famaji - 50 Rogue
    Famage - 40 Mage
    The reason you have 4 souls is to provide negative feedback on all 4 at once, rather than focusing an educated feedback on 1.

  14. #14
    Plane Walker WarTornPanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corupt2057 View Post
    Ok so I have never played an mmorpg game like this before but im liking and recently became a lv 50 warrior

    The dumbest thing I have noticed is rogues can disappear during mid-battle which is total cowardice and pathetic I mean really what the heck is with that. The fact that rogues have an ability to go completely invisible in the first place is beyond me.. it would make more sense for a mage to be able to do that.

    Also rogues stealthing into Meridian and killing newbies and more in the manufactory and etc that is total BS as well, can the NPCs not detect their stealth? Great job Trion for building a class for annoying ****s

    /rant
    I don't mean to troll, but if you think Rogues going invisible is absurd, then I can't wait to see what you think about mages shooting fireballs out of their palm.

  15. #15
    Shield of Telara Xanian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corupt2057 View Post
    Also rogues stealthing into Meridian and killing newbies and more in the manufactory and etc that is total BS as well, can the NPCs not detect their stealth? Great job Trion for building a class for annoying ****s
    /rant
    You can't stealth past the guards, they see through stealth and aggros from a mile away.. they also pretty much one-shots you. The other NPCs on the other hand does not.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts