+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Game is unblanced and Boring to play

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    12

    Default Game is unblanced and Boring to play

    As a dps Warrior i have quite high Hp 6k. 700dps on single target (5min.)

    Mages hitting 1.5k fireballs 3.5k cinder burst, more high with crits.
    what is the point of playing while i die with 2-3 hits?

    Warlock's started attacking our base in Black garden. Tanking 5 players.

    Clerics: I hitted, slienced, snared a cleric all the way while he was carrying a source stone. Hp never droped under 50%, mana was nearly always close to full. What i did was just slowing him down. nothing more.


    Last days People are searching on general lvl 50 chat for more members to instances really long time. Everyday few and few people joining.

  2. #2
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    72

    Default

    I actually just made a post pretty much addressing this in the Classes forum. The topic was something about changes needing to be done asap for 1.2 or whatever.

    But it seems to be because all the numbers are set up for PvE. The major thing this effects is healing numbers. To compete in PvE a healer needs to bring a target from almost dead to full nearly constantly. Maybe not quite that extreme but their healing numbers are huge and sustainable. No DPS can compete.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Tarka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,611

    Default

    OP, I'd suggest you read through the changes that are coming to class balances. They are trying to make sure that as much of those changes are in patch 1.2 as possible, which is coming "sooner than some people think" according to Elrar in a podcast 2 days ago.
    Last edited by Tarka; 04-19-2011 at 05:12 AM.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Sinndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    My Justicar has about 6500 HP. Supposed to be a tanky type cleric who sustains itself with minor healing. Well the other day I ran into a mage, who immediately turned me into a squirrel, then blasted me with "fireball" for 5700 damage. I was thinking, lucky crit, I'll get that SOB. Next encounter, exactly the same thing. Then another and another. He consistently hits me for 5700 damage. Good thing they are getting nerfed imo.

    But another thing I can't help but noticed, is there's all sorts of physical damage mitigation. Armor, Block, Parry. But there is no damage mitigation from magical attacks? No magical resistance beyond what the character gets naturally, as far as I know. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Sinndel; 04-19-2011 at 05:15 AM.

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser Rakanishu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    My Justicar has about 6500 HP. Supposed to be a tanky type cleric who sustains itself with minor healing. Well the other day I ran into a mage, who immediately turned me into a squirrel, then blasted me with "fireball" for 5700 damage. I was thinking, lucky crit, I'll get that SOB. Next encounter, exactly the same thing. Then another and another. He consistently hits me for 5700 damage. Good thing they are getting nerfed imo.

    But another thing I can't help but noticed, is there's all sorts of physical damage mitigation. Armor, Block, Parry. But there is no damage mitigation from magical attacks? No magical resistance beyond what the character gets naturally, as far as I know. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    As far as i understood that's a side-effect of the CC. It's not intended enable the mage to do this much damage and will most certainly be nerfed in 1.2

  6. #6
    Ascendant Sinndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakanishu View Post
    As far as i understood that's a side-effect of the CC. It's not intended enable the mage to do this much damage and will most certainly be nerfed in 1.2
    They've only said they are planning on "toning it down" but I think it should be completely reversed. Players under the effect of CC like transmogrify should take 50% LESS damage not 50% MORE. Lowering the percentages isn't going to fix it, so they need 2 shots instead of 1, big deal. It should be the exact opposite.

  7. #7
    Ascendant VirusDancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Um, 6k health as a Warrior? Even the DPS guys are pushing 8-9k health. Tanks are 10-12k or more.

    My health ranges from 4k-4.8k self-buffed. My Warlock/Archon is 5739.

    And I'm woefully undergeared...
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

  8. #8
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarka View Post
    OP, I'd suggest you read through the changes that are coming to class balances. They are trying to make sure that as much of those changes are in patch 1.2 as possible, which is coming "sooner than some people think" according to Elrar in a podcast 2 days ago.
    Thanks for linking me to this. I did not know about that. When i take a look at the patch notes for 1.2 i may even consider re-subbing. This looks like it bodes well, and my hopes are actually high.

  9. #9
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    205

    Default

    You think the game is boring and you rolled a warrior.

    Somehow I am not surprised.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts