+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Clerics are to op atm needs fixing

Rift Disciple

Default Clerics are to op atm needs fixing

Hey i was doing pvp today, trying to farm prestige 6 on my rogue, i do barely any damage to cleric as it is, i do fine dmg on warriors, but everytime i find a inq/caba or shaman/druid cleric, their like plate users, but even more harder to deal dmg on, and they do insane damage back.

I dont understand it, a rogue should have higher damage up on target then a healer class? isnt this true?.

Edit: forgot shamans has 1 button macro ^^
    Last edited by Furybeard; 04-19-2011 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Furybeard View Post
    I dont understand it, a rogue should have higher damage up on target then a healer class? isnt this true?.
    If cleric is a healer class then you are a support class.

Hey i was doing pvp today, trying to farm prestige 6 on my rogue, i do barely any damage to cleric as it is, i do fine dmg on warriors, but everytime i find a inq/caba or shaman/druid cleric, their like plate users, but even more harder to deal dmg on, and they do insane damage back.

↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑
    Last edited by Tweets; 04-19-2011 at 03:07 AM.

Rocks says paper is OP. Scissors says Nerf rock.

Telaran

Edit: forgot shamans has 1 button macro ^^
    There are two solutions here, either u suck BADLY or u werent up against one of those souls...

Yeah we cleric have one hard to kill soul(justicar) but that soul couldnt kill a kitten with 3 legs to be honest.. Some claims have been made that the justicar soul needs a bit of tweeking in WF where u have CTF objectives and so on, and that might be true...

However our two dps soul combos, INQ/CAB and shaman/druid can do decent damage(less than rogues, warriors and mages btw) but they more or less sacrifice all their healing abilities in order to do it..

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuner View Post
    If cleric is a healer class then you are a support class.
    Wow.. rogue is not a support class in all, we have a small support buff spec that is terrible...

Cleric has 3-4 healing souls, still they do more dps in pve then me currently and pvp they do incredible dmg and needs fixing, i dont say nerfing just tune down abit.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Djoffer View Post
    There are two solutions here, either u suck BADLY or u werent up against one of those souls...

Yeah we cleric have one hard to kill soul(justicar) but that soul couldnt kill a kitten with 3 legs to be honest.. Some claims have been made that the justicar soul needs a bit of tweeking in WF where u have CTF objectives and so on, and that might be true...

However our two dps soul combos, INQ/CAB and shaman/druid can do decent damage(less than rogues, warriors and mages btw) but they more or less sacrifice all their healing abilities in order to do it..
    Cleric in my guild did 1360 dps
    i did 1028

Explain, we have excat same gear level and excat same hit(focus for him)...

And in pvp well cleric is to op for its own now.. try play a rogue and come back

Ascendant

Wow.. rogue is not a support class in all, we have a small support buff spec that is terrible...
    *whoooosh*

And you're deliberately ignoring Bard I assume.
    Last edited by Kerin; 04-19-2011 at 03:12 AM.

OP you do not even know how the game works. A cleric is not a healer class in fact they are not even a class. Souls are classes not calling names. A cleric can be a tank, magic DPS, melee DPS or healers.

Is the Clerics 9 classes OP as a whole NO. Just a few classes in it are a little OP.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

Telaran

i did 1028

And in pvp well cleric is to op for its own now.. try play a rogue and come back
    Maybe it's time for you to work on your souls then? Something is terribly wrong with you if you can't out dps a cleric. Are you trying to melee DPS as marksman or something?

DPS also means nothing, that's just how much damage you pump out per second, the real jewel to look at is damage done overall.

Wasn't going to say this but....learn to play and stop yer whining

Cleric has several "dps" souls,with little to no healing,or they have healing soulss,with little to no dps.

What they do not have are both these things at once with any efficiency.

They also have a tank spec,which can be rather hard to kill,but which others have stated,is with a certain lack of dps

Just because some cleric beat you is no reason to come crying for nerfs....even though that seems to be the common practice

Telaran

i did 1028

Lol a cleric doing 1360 dps... Either u found the best damm cleric in the game or u are full of it...
    Check the 800+dps thread in the cleric forum, where i think(last i checked anyway) the best cleric got around 850-900dps, and that was on the practice dummy with the sham/druid spec. In reality u cant even get close to those numbers, since u cant be in melee range half the time in pve and pvp...

Cleric has 3-4 healing souls, still they do more dps in pve then me currently and pvp they do incredible dmg and needs fixing, i dont say nerfing just tune down abit.
    You miss his point regarding the comment on you saying clerics being healers, he is saying you're saying all clerics are healers, but if you're Inq/cab or sha/dru then the cleric isn't a healer, he's DPS.

I don't mean to sound like a troll, but as a rogue if you can't out DPS a cleric in PVE you're doing something seriously wrong.

In pvp cleric damage is not by any means incredible and is below all other classes, the cleric dps is probably lower due to our ability to heal ourselves, but in DPS spec this isn't 'that' much of an advantage.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Magabury View Post
    Maybe it's time for you to work on your souls then? Something is terribly wrong with you if you can't out dps a cleric. Are you trying to melee DPS as marksman or something?

DPS also means nothing, that's just how much damage you pump out per second, the real jewel to look at is damage done overall.
    I do abit more damage overall on bosses then him. currently specc nb/mm/*** .. one of those reglur spec a friend gave me, workt rly fine untill this guildie cleric, did alot more dps/dmg then me with 2 macros, he didnt need anything else, thats how unskilled that class are atm.

@Asobi or w/e your name is... Try playing rogue first then come back, fighting clerics with 2 maccro and dieing isnt fun is it ?

Default Justiciar

The Justiciar soul is indeed a strong one. But you're welcome to come with me on a trip to the WF. Just an hour ago, I attended three black gardens. And everytime there was this level 29 warrior. I am 29 as well, and believe me he killed me in a matter of seconds. He leaped towards me, stunned me, and before I could cast a spell again I was dead. This happened everytime I encountered him.

Normally I don't have any problems, so I must admit, that warrior was a well spec'ed one. But to be honest, if my cleric would be OP, I would have my revenche now on that warrior.
    No matter how dark the night, morning always comes. And our journey begins anew...

Telaran

I do abit more damage overall on bosses then him. currently specc nb/mm/*** .. one of those reglur spec a friend gave me, workt rly fine untill this guildie cleric, did alot more dps/dmg then me with 2 macros, he didnt need anything else, thats how unskilled that class are atm.

@Asobi or w/e your name is... Try playing rogue first then come back, fighting clerics with 2 maccro and dieing isnt fun is it ?
    So after claiming the cleric did around 25% more dps that u, now u admit u do more damage than him overall? Lol just lol... I guess u just were full of it...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast