+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 111

Thread: mages are so overpowered not because of GOS

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    191

    Default mages are so overpowered not because of GOS

    ok maybe GOS is overpowered but its also because there is no protection against spells. For example tanks like paladins, riftstalkers, justicars, etc can mitigate about 50% physical damage due to armor and buffs. When it comes to spells their 50 earth resist mitigates like 5% damage? that is a huge discrepancy. that means melee dps is doing about half damage while caster dps are doing 95% of their damage.

    The numbers are just estimates, i'm sure geared players can pull off even higher physical and magical resists, but there is a huge gap between the two kinds of mitigation: spells and physical damage

  2. #2
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Idk about other mages, but sometimes I'll change roles to my raid support role which is 51 archon, has a raid wide buff that gives everyone something like +50 to all resists. Plus, I think void knights have a 50% spell mitigation ability that lasts for a short time? plus reflect spells? not sure on that one.

    I do remember a guild member complaining about getting resists in WF's, although he only had 40 or so focus.. I don't think I've ever gotten a resist, but then again I have 195

  3. #3
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Sorry OP but you are wrong .. Mages are not OP because of what you have said.

    Mages wear cloth ... lowest armour in the game, their health pools are also no where near the other callings .. makes a mage generally squishy yes .. now you want to see more resists vs spells , make a serious comment please , If you are tired of getting owned by a mage get in his face and start smasihing him, I could swear and you and call you names but I wont feed you anymore .

    Seems you are a Troll sir, please return to your nice cosy bridge.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sionis View Post
    Idk about other mages, but sometimes I'll change roles to my raid support role which is 51 archon, has a raid wide buff that gives everyone something like +50 to all resists. Plus, I think void knights have a 50% spell mitigation ability that lasts for a short time? plus reflect spells? not sure on that one.

    I do remember a guild member complaining about getting resists in WF's, although he only had 40 or so focus.. I don't think I've ever gotten a resist, but then again I have 195
    there is one in void knight but it lasts 10 seconds with max combo points with a 1minute recast. it also requires going 44 points in which people rarely if ever do since 10 seconds out of every minute is not a very long time. But what about the other 31 souls? That +50 all resists from archon is pretty nice but it translate into like 5% damage reduction or less due to diminishing returns? You'd never be able to achieve mitigation like you can with physical damage.

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,219

    Default

    This is actually the truth. It's the same reason nightblade is the best PvP spec currently even if they didn't have access to so many defensive CDs they deal equal damage to anything in PvP.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Epoxin View Post
    Sorry OP but you are wrong .. Mages are not OP because of what you have said.

    Mages wear cloth ... lowest armour in the game, their health pools are also no where near the other callings .. makes a mage generally squishy yes .. now you want to see more resists vs spells , make a serious comment please , If you are tired of getting owned by a mage get in his face and start smasihing him, I could swear and you and call you names but I wont feed you anymore .

    Seems you are a Troll sir, please return to your nice cosy bridge.
    I'm sorry that you play a mage and that I made you mad. But why do only mage damage go unmitigated. Why not other dps classes that use physical dps like rogues and warriors? I don't necessarily want more resists against spells, i want more mitigation along the lines like how melee dmg can be mitigated.

    And its cozy not cosy. not trollin just sayin
    Last edited by Supra99; 04-19-2011 at 03:53 AM.

  7. #7
    Plane Touched Dantes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    209

    Default

    I'm OP! As a mage, I have HUGE amounts of physical damage mitiga....oh wait, no, I don't. FAIL on trying to post about the same thing that has been posted about HUNDREDS OF TIMES ALREADY. Oh and before you say "you mad" or any other idiotic perversion of that saying, I'm actually sad. For you, because obviously your desire to cry about this makes you pathetic.
    Last edited by Dantes; 04-19-2011 at 03:55 AM.

  8. #8
    Prophet of Telara krilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,105

    Default

    The big problem is the cc immunity, there needs to be some cc that counters it. I don't think you should be able to charge in and stun them, perhaps something like the vk / warlord / cabalist pulls should still work to yank them out of the GOS. This would be fair as good mages will reply with that instant cast buff they can fire, but good groups will coordinate the pull with say a rogues stun to stop then reapplying.
    Mage - steel cannon
    Rogue - tin pistol
    Warrior - glass machine gun
    Cleric - adamantium machine gun

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dantes View Post
    I'm OP! As a mage, I have HUGE amounts of physical damage mitiga....oh wait, no, I don't. FAIL on trying to post about the same thing that has been posted about HUNDREDS OF TIMES ALREADY. Oh and before you say "you mad" or any other idiotic perversion of that saying, I'm actually sad. For you, because obviously your desire to cry about this makes you pathetic.
    how much damage reduction do you have against physical? include gos mitigation in there along with armor. I can almost guarantee you that your physical mitigation is way higher than anyone elses magical mitigation. So you have 30% from gos + what like 10% from armor? thats already 40% physical mitigation. Thats already better then everyone elses 5% magical mitigation.

  10. #10
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Supra99 View Post
    I'm sorry that you play a mage and that I made you mad. But why do only mage damage go unmitigated. Why not other dps classes that use physical dps like rogues and warriors? I don't necessarily want more resists against spells, i want more mitigation along the lines like how melee dmg can be mitigated.

    And its cozy not cosy. not trollin just sayin
    2h warriors can already 3 or 4 shot my mage, why don't I have more mitigation vs melee attacks? Sure I have 2 or 3 spells at my disposal that can either put me out of range or temporarily cc the warrior, but what good is it when another warrior comes into play during the fight and my cc is on cooldown? I can kind of see your point in saying that magic damage vs players is largely unavoidable, but it balances out because we're so squishy imo.

  11. #11
    Prophet of Telara krilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,105

    Default

    Also we need a new magic avoidance stat, we have parry and dodge, should be equivalent for magic, something like the disrupt stat they have in warhammer.
    Mage - steel cannon
    Rogue - tin pistol
    Warrior - glass machine gun
    Cleric - adamantium machine gun

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krilly View Post
    The big problem is the cc immunity, there needs to be some cc that counters it. I don't think you should be able to charge in and stun them, perhaps something like the vk / warlord / cabalist pulls should still work to yank them out of the GOS. This would be fair as good mages will reply with that instant cast buff they can fire, but good groups will coordinate the pull with say a rogues stun to stop then reapplying.
    it is near instant death most of the time when you charge in to stun them because smart players always put a wall of teammates between you and them. you can charge in to stun a rogue or charge in to stun a warrior or cleric, what makes them so special?

  13. #13
    Plane Touched Dantes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    209

    Default

    I would actually agree that there should be at least a couple ways of being able to remove GoS from a mage. I've heard there are currently ways to do it but I'm unaware of them honestly. But just like a good raid, you need a healthy diverse mix of callings and souls so that other peoples' weaknesses are made up for by other peoples' strengths. Hence, if you really want to be competitive in Warfronts, go with premades and ensure that at least one of those people has a means of removing GoS. Complaining about PUGs and you're inability to deal with turreted pyros is an exercise in futility.
    I love to splash around in these tear-flooded boards. It's so much fun!!

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sionis View Post
    2h warriors can already 3 or 4 shot my mage, why don't I have more mitigation vs melee attacks? Sure I have 2 or 3 spells at my disposal that can either put me out of range or temporarily cc the warrior, but what good is it when another warrior comes into play during the fight and my cc is on cooldown? I can kind of see your point in saying that magic damage vs players is largely unavoidable, but it balances out because we're so squishy imo.
    thats true assuming the warrior can get within range of you. but you can also 3 or 4 shot if not less on him and also from a distance. seems pretty fair to me since both are dps classes.

  15. #15
    Ascendant VirusDancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Spec for it. Stay in range of those providing the resistance buffs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts