+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: mages are so overpowered not because of GOS

Quote Originally Posted by solarbear View Post
    Whenever I do a warfront these days it is against at least 1 premade of dudes in R5/R6 gear.

Clerics hitting for 3k and Pyro flame as far as the eye can see.

Clearly, your shard is pretty casual. Which is odd.

I would love to mix up or enlarge the battlegroups for a bit of variety.
    Nah, not really casual - the populations are a lie. We have fewer people on now and are listed as MEDIUM than we did when we were LOW. WF queues still linger in the 1-3 hour area - there is no economy, etc, etc.

It is sad - it is a PvP shard, but for RoS Phase 2; Guardian and Defiant had to work together or it would not have gotten done... there are simply that few people. Think somebody said 60% of the game's pop is on 10 shards. The rest of the shards that are listed as MED are really LOW. Some of them are pathetically low.

We have been debating holding out on shard mergers/transfers or just rerolling.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Supra99 View Post
    And you sir should learn the classes before opening yours.

interrupt a 1.5 sec cast time spell? what a waste of effort cuz he'll just cast the spell again and your dead. also warriors and rogues can be stunned, incapped, confused, feared, rooted, snared, none of which affect pyros. so while you get interrupted once by a warrior, just be glad that you don't get stunned and feared for 3-6 seconds at a time like he is. Maybe they should add interrupt immune to gos too so that bad players like you can become good players.

I, as well as any smart player will gladly take mage's hp in return for their high damage reduction and anti-cc capabilities along with high dps. Low armor means nothing when you take less damage then high armor classes. i'm not going to bother explaining it to you as you clearly have no clue to how mechanics work. Read the previous posts and it might give insight into your lack of understanding.
    ...or you can spec for the ability, that when interupted makes the next cast spell instant...
    ...and there's that one 'opportunity'.

To be honest, you have to figure various things are broken.

Ice Shield (Elemental) 6 pts in - shields for 764.
    Consuming Flames (Archon) 6 pts in - shields for 764.

ZAM shows 16 mana for IS and 18 mana for CF. Thing is, IS is 57 mana in game (CF is 18).

Two spells doing the same thing - same number of points in - and one is three times the mana.

There are a bunch of little things like this here and there - they really need to go through and audit all the souls for all the callings to make sure that they are doing what they actually think they are doing. Need to put a punchlist together and go through it for a patch/hotfix.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by solarbear View Post
    Whenever I do a warfront these days it is against at least 1 premade of dudes in R5/R6 gear.

Clerics hitting for 3k and Pyro flame as far as the eye can see.

Clearly, your shard is pretty casual. Which is odd.

I would love to mix up or enlarge the battlegroups for a bit of variety.
    yeah thats my experience also. last night ran into a 2 cleric 8 mage group that totally blew away our mixed class group.

Quote Originally Posted by Supra99 View Post
    yeah thats my experience also. last night ran into a 2 cleric 8 mage group that totally blew away our mixed class group.
    If folks would pressure the Healers, it is pretty easy to get Pyros to kill themselves.

Necros are far more annoying in general.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    If folks would pressure the Healers, it is pretty easy to get Pyros to kill themselves.

Necros are far more annoying in general.
    easier said then done with all those mages nuking at you and one was even a chloro too since apparently 2 clerics wasn't enough. when you get up close you really only have about 3 seconds to attack the healer before you disintegrate and thats assuming you can even get up close. i think there was a necro in there too
    Last edited by Supra99; 04-21-2011 at 01:38 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8