+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Open PVP goals and change suggestions Thread

Soulwalker

Default Open PVP goals and change suggestions Thread

First off, I am an ex-warhammer player. PVP had a goal there; Take all the points on the map to push the zone. Great concept, worked perfect, too bad it lagged.

Right now there is no point in taking a wardstone from the other realm since it will just respawn the same way it was within 2 minutes. No penalty, no difficult fights, nothing.

The ancient wardstones are too randomly placed and offer no strategic advantages so also here; no reason to cap besides the soulshard you are able to get.

Here are some suggestions to improve open PVP (imho):
    - Make the defiant/guardian wardstones captureable.
    i.e. destroy them to make them neutral, then destroy them to capture them. The defence on these points also needs to be improved so you need atleast a group with dps/tank/healer to cap them.
    - If not capturable make the timer longer (like 15 minutes) so that there's actually a punishment for the opposing team for not defending it.
    - Make it harder for high lvl's to enter low lvl zones to promote pvp in the zones
    i.e. give them a debuff that reduces stats/health so they are killable (still hard but doable.)

If you have more suggestions pls reply and I will try and update my post. My major point is the wardstones since they are just completely useless right now.

Skullsaver (Cloudborne)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by tcbenkhard View Post
    First off, I am an ex-warhammer player. PVP had a goal there; Take all the points on the map to push the zone. Great concept, worked perfect, too bad it lagged.

Right now there is no point in taking a wardstone from the other realm since it will just respawn the same way it was within 2 minutes. No penalty, no difficult fights, nothing.

The ancient wardstones are too randomly placed and offer no strategic advantages so also here; no reason to cap besides the soulshard you are able to get.

i.e. destroy them to make them neutral, then destroy them to capture them. The defence on these points also needs to be improved so you need atleast a group with dps/tank/healer to cap them.
    - If not capturable make the timer longer (like 15 minutes) so that there's actually a punishment for the opposing team for not defending it.
    - Make it harder for high lvl's to enter low lvl zones to promote pvp in the zones
    i.e. give them a debuff that reduces stats/health so they are killable (still hard but doable.)

If you have more suggestions pls reply and I will try and update my post. My major point is the wardstones since they are just completely useless right now.

Skullsaver (Cloudborne)
    i agree with suggestions 1 and 2, but not with 3..

i would rather see a new pvp zone where you fought for control of a number of ancient wardstones.

my thoughts on this:
    you would be able to upgrade them just like the normal wardstones, only with more 'levels', making them harder and harder for the other team to capture (maybe adding actual keeps or towers in the final stages). the wardstones would decay over time, the time growing shorter the further away from the faction base camp they are located; or you could have rifts spawning that would send out their own invasions (so that one side doesnt control the zone all the time). since rift already has the mechaincs for attacking/defending wardstones, they could also add invasions from both factions to take neutral and enemy wardstones, becoming stronger as you advance towards your enemy's base camp.

i know its still early in RIFTs life, but i feel that if trion is not going to do something like this, they would be wasting some enormous potential
    Dago - 50 Bahmi Warrior || Olive - 50 Eth Mage ~ Sagespire EU (PvP)

Quote Originally Posted by MojoMoe View Post

i would rather see a new pvp zone where you fought for control of a number of ancient wardstones.

my thoughts on this:
    you would be able to upgrade them just like the normal wardstones, only with more 'levels', making them harder and harder for the other team to capture (maybe adding actual keeps or towers in the final stages). the wardstones would decay over time, the time growing shorter the further away from the faction base camp they are located; or you could have rifts spawning that would send out their own invasions (so that one side doesnt control the zone all the time). since rift already has the mechaincs for attacking/defending wardstones, they could also add invasions from both factions to take neutral and enemy wardstones, becoming stronger as you advance towards your enemy's base camp.

i know its still early in RIFTs life, but i feel that if trion is not going to do something like this, they would be wasting some enormous potential

Copy/paste the Capturable world points by Guilds and allow them to keep as long as they can ala DAOC RVR.
    Make world pvp actually mean something, close off dungeons unless you control more pvp world points in game. (Daoc Darkness Falls).
    And try this out on PVP servers first so you dont hear the crying from the anti pvp'ers, and if they complain keep it only for pvp servers.
    Remove all PVP from PVE servers . they're not PVP'rs , they are the bane of PVP'rs and PVP servers .
    Remove WF's from PVE servers, because they suck at pvp and as a result cause unjust nerfs to classes .
    No new instanced PVP , give us world PVP objectives. do not add arena's or more WF's please .
    Make all PVP gear craftable and get rid of the WF faction vendors .

pvp isnt suppose to be about gear . pve is suppose to be about gear ...and grinding that same ****ty instance over and over again for that gear .
    pvp is suppose to be about the other part of the game ...war and hatred for the opposite faction .
    and pve servers are for the players who don't want to be a part of the war
    Stylianfire member of Saga Briarcliff PvP/US Server

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Romulan View Post
    Copy/paste the Capturable world points by Guilds and allow them to keep as long as they can ala DAOC RVR.
    Make world pvp actually mean something, close off dungeons unless you control more pvp world points in game. (Daoc Darkness Falls).
    And try this out on PVP servers first so you dont hear the crying from the anti pvp'ers, and if they complain keep it only for pvp servers.
    I actually like this idea, ill make sure to update my post (and put your name next to it) when I get home! thanks!

check out the general forums. they have a suggestion area there w/ a lot of ideas like these . http://forums.riftgame.com/forumdisp...47-Suggestions here ya go!
    Last edited by Lostsoulz; 04-19-2011 at 05:56 AM.
    Remove all PVP from PVE servers . they're not PVP'rs , they are the bane of PVP'rs and PVP servers .

Remove WF's from PVE servers, because they suck at pvp and as a result cause unjust nerfs to classes .

No new instanced PVP , give us world PVP objectives. do not add arena's or more WF's please . Except ADD THIS ONE WF

Make all PVP gear craftable and get rid of the WF faction vendors .

pvp isnt suppose to be about gear . pve is suppose to be about gear ...and grinding that same ****ty instance over and over again for that gear .
    pvp is suppose to be about the other part of the game ...war and hatred for the opposite faction .
    and pve servers are for the players who don't want to be a part of the war

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by tcbenkhard View Post
    I agree with all of your points and tbh I have encountered the exact same problems the last couple of days while outdoor pvping. The only reward for destroying wardstones is around 25 pvp points. And lvl 40-50 ppl ruining even and fun group fights in lower level zones.
    I also like your solutions because they are not too radical and can be thus be changed relatively easily.

Quote Originally Posted by MojoMoe View Post

my thoughts on this:

You are coming up with things that are impossible to achieve in a short period of time. Keeps, towers, need locations for them, change the whole map layout, create more kinds of rifts. Sure nice ideas but maybe for rift 2.

And why don't you agree with number 3? Making it harder for lvl 50's to enter lower lvl pvp area's. Since you are obviously lvl 50, could you explain to me what the use is of messing up the pvp content for lower level zones? I am lvl 30 and I dont want to have lvl 50 ppl running around thinking they do me a favour killing pvping groups of the other faction. You are forcing everybody to go back to questing, do I want that? No.

Plane Touched

I like the idea of getting more benefit and disabling your opponents base by wardstoning, eg creating a temporary NPC force to kill their quest givers.

But problem is some servers are HORRIBLE RATIO. Raslomov is easily 4:1 ratio and the guardians would rage quit b/c all the 50s would do is go around and harass.
    Famaji - 50 Rogue
    Famage - 40 Mage
    The reason you have 4 souls is to provide negative feedback on all 4 at once, rather than focusing an educated feedback on 1.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Famaji View Post
    I like the idea of getting more benefit and disabling your opponents base by wardstoning, eg creating a temporary NPC force to kill their quest givers.

But problem is some servers are HORRIBLE RATIO. Raslomov is easily 4:1 ratio and the guardians would rage quit b/c all the 50s would do is go around and harass.
    Then lvl 50's should be debuffed in lower lvl zones. And if the fight becomes too one sided the other faction could perhaps get an xp and stat buff.
    This should be easy to do, Trion just needs to open its eyes.

+ Reply to Thread