+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Secondary los check?

Soulwalker

Default Secondary los check?

So can we see a secondary LOS check on range so circle strafing means something? ******** when people shoot arrows/firebals/ect out their *****.

No, circle strafeing is ******ed. You are not Yoda. Nawt yoda. Stop jumping around like an idiot.

There's no reason you should be able to cancel my 2 second cast by running behind me, unless they give your attacks a cast time too so I can circle strafe you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    No, circle strafeing is ******ed. You are not Yoda. Nawt yoda. Stop jumping around like an idiot.

There's no reason you should be able to cancel my 2 second cast by running behind me, unless they give your attacks a cast time too so I can circle strafe you.
    You can circle strafe him. And you can use instants while you do it. Clear your mind you must, embrace your yoda.

Also lol at nawt yoda.
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 04-19-2011 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Plane Touched

but he's from Omicron Perseie 8...

Quote Originally Posted by Omicron View Post
    So can we see a secondary LOS check on range so circle strafing means something? ******** when people shoot arrows/firebals/ect out their *****.
    Im sorry, but they changed it so that even keyboard turners casters are able to land spells :/

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Put in collision detection, put los back how it was, pvp becomes much better. Positioning becomes important, people stop jumping around like crack heads, casters can't get run through and necro spanned, melee can use terrain to avoid spells.
    Mage - steel cannon
    Rogue - tin pistol
    Warrior - glass machine gun
    Cleric - adamantium machine gun

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post

dear community i play a wheelturner mage and finally after trion noobified the game i can hit people with my fireball

thanks - sinndel
    He has journeyed where none have been before. Now he returns to ensure that none follow.

I enjoy nailing a strafer with my channeled spell, and watching them continue to strafe.

Being able to run through your target was pure stupidity, and those of you crying to get it back know it. They should have had collision detection in the game from launch.

You were not straffing a mage, you were running through them. If you were straffing, you were not being a good player.

I wish WoW players would just go back to WoW with their nonsense.

And I play a Warrior.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Champion

God forbid Trion makes casters require any sort of conscious effort to play.

Apparently things like positioning and kiting are too complex and frightening for people to comprehend.

If a melee is beating on a caster now, if the caster even decides to even acknowledge them, all they have to do now is pick their keyboard up , bash it against the side of their desk and in all likelihood they'll win.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferboten View Post
    God forbid Trion makes casters require any sort of conscious effort to play.

Apparently things like positioning and kiting are too complex and frightening for people to comprehend.

If a melee is beating on a caster now, if the caster even decides to even acknowledge them, all they have to do now is pick their keyboard up , bash it against the side of their desk and in all likelihood they'll win.
    Right, because us melee being able to instantly cast everything on the run, with almost all of our damaging abilities tied to one macro, is some how hard? Nevermind the fact the fact the melee roles have more crowd control, and more ways to escape crowd control.

Sometimes I wonder about my fellow warriors. We had it easy, why can't you admit it? They really needed to put in collision detection, but the new changes were needed, and you should have known it.
    Last edited by Visions; 04-19-2011 at 12:47 PM.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    Right, because us melee being able to instantly cast everything on the run, with almost all of our damaging abilities tied to one macro, is some how hard? Nevermind the fact the fact the melee roles have more crowd control, and more ways to escape crowd control.

Sometimes I wonder about my fellow warriors. We had it easy, why can't you admit it? They really needed to put in collision detection, but the new changes were needed, and you should have known it.
    We also have to be in melee range to do our thing, how is it fair that when we're 30m away we're completely useless but when we're right in a caster's face they're at no disadvantage whatsoever? More CC? I've got 2 stuns (affected by DR) and an AoE fear. Casters have tons of escape tools at their disposal to open up the range gap again. Why shouldn't they have to use them?

Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post

Use an instant and get the hell out of melee range. You can turn to continue to face someone who is circle strifing around you while casting (no it doesn't drop the cast, I promise you). This change was dumb and not necessary. All it did was help bad casters.

Plane Touched

Talking

I like strafing.

I also like using Foul Play on a long cast time spell right before it goes off.

Then I like to do it from behind, Backstab style.

Then I like to stealth and run away. Just cause it's fun to nail someone from behind, then go do it to someone else a few seconds later.

I also like pie. Does the OP like pie?
    Cake is a lie so... pie must be what you like. If you don't like pie, something is wrong with you.

Go make me a sammich!

+ Reply to Thread